USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

11 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I have a problem with tanking by not starting your best players. You’d be out of my league if someone tried to pull that strategy. 

Everyone probably feels a little differently on this. It's a complicated issue in a dynasty league where you have scarce running back talent, limited draft picks, and oftentimes little incentive for teams to trade with you (and most of the teams that want to will try to take advantage of you). It's a necessary evil in a free dynasty league.

17 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I have no problem with tanking, as long as you are starting guys who are seeing reps on game day

Not for nothing....if this is the case than I got a ton of crap over nothing last season. There needs to be a legit rule in place.

EDIT: That happened in 2015.

Edited by Hockey5djh

16 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Everyone probably feels a little differently on this. It's a complicated issue in a dynasty league where you have scarce running back talent, limited draft picks, and oftentimes little incentive for teams to trade with you (and most of the teams that want to will try to take advantage of you). It's a necessary evil in a free dynasty league.

Looks like you changed your tune since 2015 :ph34r:

Speaking of this... if we're actually going to allow blatant tanking like Hockey is doing, then I probably won't return next year. Take a look at that starting lineup/bench.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=20144634#20144634

Here was @USMC_PackFans ruling back in 2015:

It goes without saying that tanking is a huge no go (especially in dynasty leagues).

Now, you do bring up a good point that a specific penalty for a guilty offender has never been discussed. But that is because to be honest, I never expected something like that to happen with anyone in this league.

So to be fair this time, I will go back and change the final scores of all of the match ups beginning from week 6 and leave it at that.

From this point forward though, if any GM in this league is found guilty of tanking, that GM's 1st Round pick will be moved to the the end of the the draft.

I Hope it never comes to that but, if it does, the penalty has now been laid out...

In that instance I had started "not optimal" lineups from week 6-9. The result is that those lineups were changed to what they should have been and my record went from 0-9 to 1-8 so records were changed as a result. I think we should follow the precedent that was set.

Edited by Hockey5djh

Everyone’s opinion on a player is subjective, especially when you start to take matchups into account. If you start accusing people of not starting their “best players”, and punishing them for it, isn’t it kind of a monarchy then?

I mean, if Cleveland is playing Tampa bay and I think that corey Coleman is a better start than Keenan Allen vs the eagles.... does that warrant punishing? Where is the line drawn? 

4 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

You have a hell of a memory. My opinion has changed, and I apologize for the original hostility. The fantasy football scene has changed a lot in the past few years. I feel that the talent has become less top heavy and that there are more viable starters, which amplified the frustration of starting bye week players.

• Like 1

I think it's always up to the owner to pick the matchups he think is best regardless of projections. But if someone is starting Goodwin over Julio, that is an issue. I think if it's suspected that someone is skimming points by knowingly playing lesser talent, they should have to explain their reasoning for their starters to satisfy the commish and the league.

1 hour ago, honolulu2786 said:

I think it's always up to the owner to pick the matchups he think is best regardless of projections. But if someone is starting Goodwin over Julio, that is an issue. I think if it's suspected that someone is skimming points by knowingly playing lesser talent, they should have to explain their reasoning for their starters to satisfy the commish and the league.

Completely agreed. This isn’t rocket science. 

I drafted #12 this year and got Kamara, the #1 rookie and #2 overall RB this season. I also didn’t retain Thielen, the #4 WR this year. Just try to win and make the most of your picks. 

53 minutes ago, honolulu2786 said:

@chisoxguy7 as an example, your starters compared to your bench is one I would expect my commish to have some questions about. In a year where we will have one of the highest rated rookie RBs to come out in awhile... Just saying....

Expected this from the only other team in contention for the #1 pick B|

I don't believe in Hundley. Sure, Adams has had a few good weeks, but I surely didn't expect them.

Rivers and the Chargers have been on fire. The Eagles pull Wentz when the game gets out of hand. One week where they score mostly rushing TDs and Wentz will put up 14 and get pulled. I like Rivers better at the moment.

Darkwa: The giants suck and he's in a timeshare with Gallman.

Crowder has done nothing all year for the most part. He's a desperation start.  Shepard was supposed to be good once Benjamin left and Samuel went down.

Hogan has been hurt and Collins is touchdown dependent right now and is also sharing looks.

Hope you are appeased. By the way, I won last week and outscored 6 teams the week before. So get out of here with that nonsense.