USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

What is the gameplan if USMC does not post? It has been a month, though he has made a few roster moves since then.

As far as sanctions? I haven't looked into it, would points adjustments have changed any of the outcomes that effect any of the playoff teams? If not I would just say play it out and we will worry about draft stuff around draft time.

Just now, chisoxguy7 said:

As far as carrying on with the league in general

Oh. Yeah I'm gonna need some clear cut definitions of what tanking is and clear punishments laid out for me personally to be playing in this league next year. Otherwise I'm either gonna start one, get someone to start one, or join a VERY strict Dynasty league. 

18 hours ago, honolulu2786 said:

Oh. Yeah I'm gonna need some clear cut definitions of what tanking is and clear punishments laid out for me personally to be playing in this league next year. Otherwise I'm either gonna start one, get someone to start one, or join a VERY strict Dynasty league. 

Agreed and if it comes to that, hold a spot for me. I love doing these dynasty leagues. Definitely dont want to lose this one though. My team is actually good unlike Gnat's league. I'm 3-9 but have more points that OD who is 7-5 lol

• Like 1

Thanks for the PM @Hockey5djh.

I've been away for a bit do currently dealing with a difficult family situation. Honestly have not had the time to be on here as much as I'd like.  Didn't expect to come back to the sh it storm that's been going on.  I assigned LM rights a while back to another owner to help out in situations like this.

Anyhow, I'll start of first by answering the "what's considered tanking" question.  Tanking to me is not starting what I like to call my "optimal lineup".  I'm an old school guy that plays with the mindset of "play your elite guys no matter what".  Now of course some common sense applies (lingering injury, etc.) but, I'm sure you guys get where I'm coming from.  When it comes to Midrange players and below It's all about the matchup and/or weather conditions.  Starting bye week players is a big "no-no".  Now I know real life comes first and sh it happens but if it becomes habitual then that's when I have a problem with it.

I honestly feel silly even having to spell these things out.

As far as penalties go, I know I had mentioned before that an owner found to be intentionally tanking would have their 1st round pick moved to the end of the draft.  However, I think that might be counterproductive.  Especially if that owner winds up being replaced altogether.  Having said that, I am open to any and all suggestions.  Whatever we decide, it has to be unanimous and will stick to it going forward.

Also, I have decided to give LM rights to one more owner.  That way, if one of us is not around the other two can make a decision on whatever issue arises.  I also like to get everyone's thoughts on who that member should be. 

@Its A Sabotage
@Oregon Ducks
@SoS
@sammymvpknight 
@Canadian_Patriot
@chisoxguy7
@The Gnat
@Sllim Pickens
@JaguarCrazy2832
@honolulu2786

@Hockey5djh

First, I don't think people (especially active managers) should be kicked out for a questionable start but I do think there should be some sort of punishment.

Second, @chisoxguy7 I do think your WR choices are a little suspect. Last week starting Jordan Matthews was questionable, Adams and Crowder were averaging between 15-20 points over the last month, Jordan Matthews hasn't scored  20 points TOTAL in the last month. That said its not an egregious multiple week issue so....yea. I think @Its A Sabotage has done much worse with multiple weeks of players who were ruled out or on a bye (our week 11 match-up was laughable)

Third, I vote for whoever wants to be the second co-commish, if @sammymvpknight wants it I'm cool with that, if someone else wants to throw their hat in the ring instead that's fine with me too.

Edited by Hockey5djh

4 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

My team is not good, and you could probably find a reason to not start every single guy on my team. A lot of guys on my team wouldn't start for half the teams in this league.

Devil's advocate (me), the half of the league your speaking of wouldn't be drafting in the top 5....

33 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’d rather not be commish...I’ve got lots on my plate. 

Well with my first choice in @sammymvpknight bowing out, I will offer to do it. I know I'm still relatively new to this league but I'm active and play fair. And even though me and @chisoxguy7 butt heads every now and then, which might be good checks and balances on one another, we share a mutual respect. I think between the two of us we could come up with reasonable and fair answers and solutions for whatever comes up if @USMC_PackFan needs a hiatus. If not that's cool too.

Edited by honolulu2786
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, honolulu2786 said:

Well with my first choice in @sammymvpknight bowing out, I will offer to do it. I know I'm still relatively new to this league but I'm active and play fair. And even though me and @chisoxguy7 butt heads every now and then, which might be good checks and balances on one another, we share a mutual respect. I think between the two of us we could come up with reasonable and fair answers and solutions for whatever comes up if @USMC_PackFan needs a hiatus. If not that's cool too.

TBH, both @honolulu2786 and @Hockey5djh came to mind when I was thinking about this.  However, I wanted to through it out there so I could get everyone's thoughts.

Still looking for suggestions on sanctions.  One thing that comes to mind for me would be pretty similar to the unsportsman/technical foul rule.  You get a hard warning on the first offense.  The second offense gets you kicked out of the league (In both cases lineups in question would get adjusted by an LM).   

Thoughts?