USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

16 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Thanks!!

I just accepted!! Looking forward to a competitive 2018 season!!

By chance do you know what my 2018 drat picks mite be? Looks like I will pick 2nd in the first round if I still own it?

Welcome. Sabo wasn't a big trader so you should have all of your original picks with no extras.

TRADES THAT AFFECT THE 2018 DRAFT: 
sammymvpknight gets: 
Hockey's 2017 1.12 and 2018 1st round pick 

Hockey gets: 
sammymvpknight's 2017 1.7 and 2018 3rd round pick

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honolulu2786 gets:
2017 3.7 and 2018 2nd rounder

UNFSaint (sammymvpknight) gets:
Zach Ertz and 2018 3rd rounder

-------------------------------------------------------------

USMC Gets:
2018 5th

Hockey gets:
2018 2nd

-------------------------------------------------------------

JaguarCrazy Gets:
Mike Wallace
2018 4th

ChiSox gets:
2018 5th

That's only the trades from the draft. I'm not sure if any were made in season involving draft picks.

10 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Thanks!!

I just accepted!! Looking forward to a competitive 2018 season!!

By chance do you know what my 2018 drat picks mite be? Looks like I will pick 2nd in the first round if I still own it?

As far as I can remember, Sabotage has never made any trades that involved picks. 

However, I still haven't made a final decision on what the penalty is going to be for his tanking.  I was strongly considering moving his 1st rd pick to the end of the draft but, now that he's been replaced altogether I think that's to harsh a punishment.  I'm thinking that moving it to the end of the 1st is a bit more fair.

5 minutes ago, USMC_PackFan said:

As far as I can remember, Sabotage has never made any trades that involved picks. 

However, I still haven't made a final decision on what the penalty is going to be for his tanking.  I was strongly considering moving his 1st rd pick to the end of the draft but, now that he's been replaced altogether I think that's to harsh a punishment.  I'm thinking that moving it to the end of the 1st is a bit more fair.

I would hope, I wouldn't be penalized for another GM's lack of involvement / poor play, but it's your call.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, USMC_PackFan said:

Yea. I think replacement is punishment enough IMO. No reason to start WE-R (we need a nickname for you) off on a bad foot for no reason. That said I guess its worth a discussion. Going on the three strike policy Sabo gets a warning technically.

Edited by Hockey5djh

40 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Welcome. Sabo wasn't a big trader so you should have all of your original picks with no extras.

That's only the trades from the draft. I'm not sure if any were made in season involving draft picks.

I'm so happy to have my first and second rounders this year. It's been a few years.

13 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Yea. I think replacement is punishment enough IMO. No reason to start WE-R (we need a nickname for you) off on a bad foot for no reason. That said I guess its worth a discussion. Going on the three strike policy Sabo gets a warning technically.

If he started inactive players, look at his bench those weeks and see if starting anyone else would have changed the outcome of the matchup. If he would have garnered any additional wins this way, slot the pick in the first round accordingly. This wouldn't affect any other owner's records or the outcome of the season. It's impossible to project free agency moves, but this would be my suggestion.

15 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

If he started inactive players, look at his bench those weeks and see if starting anyone else would have changed the outcome of the matchup. If he would have garnered any additional wins this way, slot the pick in the first round accordingly. This wouldn't affect any other owner's records or the outcome of the season. It's impossible to project free agency moves, but this would be my suggestion.

I just ran that for giggles:  The W/L record stayed the same at 5-8, It also added 95.2 to my overall Pts 1327.4 - to - 1422.6, that would not have change the draft order as the 3rd place team had 1485.2 Pts

..........................................................................Year End............................................................................................................Adjusted

Week 1 L 97.6-103.5   No Change  
Week 2 W 131.7-92.3   No Change  
Week 3 L 119.2-140   No Change  
Week 4 W 129.1-111.7   No Change  
Week 5 L 91.2-137   No Change  
Week 6 W 79.3-44.7   No Change  
Week 7 W 126.9-90.4   No Change  
Week 8 L 96.5-137.4   L 122.9-137.4  
Week 9 W 124.6-114.3   No Change  
Week 10 L 92.6-127.9   L 107.7-127.9  
Week 11 L 44.4-133.3   L 63.2-133.3  
Week 12 L 94.2-107.9   L 106.4-107.9  
Week 13 L 100.1-123.4   L 123-123.4  

21 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I just ran that for giggles:  The W/L record stayed the same at 5-8, It also added 95.2 to my overall Pts 1327.4 - to - 1422.6, that would not have change the draft order as the 3rd place team had 1485.2 Pts

..........................................................................Year End............................................................................................................Adjusted

Week 1 L 97.6-103.5   No Change  
Week 2 W 131.7-92.3   No Change  
Week 3 L 119.2-140   No Change  
Week 4 W 129.1-111.7   No Change  
Week 5 L 91.2-137   No Change  
Week 6 W 79.3-44.7   No Change  
Week 7 W 126.9-90.4   No Change  
Week 8 L 96.5-137.4   L 122.9-137.4  
Week 9 W 124.6-114.3   No Change  
Week 10 L 92.6-127.9   L 107.7-127.9  
Week 11 L 44.4-133.3   L 63.2-133.3  
Week 12 L 94.2-107.9   L 106.4-107.9  
Week 13 L 100.1-123.4   L 123-123.4  

Well, there it is. The fact that Sabo didn’t make any free agent acquisitions sucks, but it’s not something we can change retroactively. I say leave the draft order how it is.

23 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Well, there it is. The fact that Sabo didn’t make any free agent acquisitions sucks, but it’s not something we can change retroactively. I say leave the draft order how it is.

It is very frustrating for a league when a GM dosn't play hard every week. It's a real downer but in this case the year end outcome stayed the same. In the Phreak dynasty league we had two Gm's "tank" The net change in their records after adjustments for both ended up bring 2-draft spots. In the moment, it's seemed a lot worse than two draft spots. Our penalty for tanking is moving their teams first pick in the draft to the last spot in that Rd......I'm thinking that maybe a tad to much after going through the numbers? I will need to review our rules and see if we need to adjust it for 2018.     

2 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Yep. I'm in favor of leaving the picks where they are. Even with an adjusted record it wouldn't change his seeding.

I checked last night as well and week 10 was the only one I think he could've won if he had a 2nd QB on the roster and played E. Ingram over Kelce (bye).  Week 11 was a complete abomination.  Having said that, I will agree that we'll just leave things as they are as far as the draft order for next year. 

However, a very strict 3 strike rule will be in effect from now on and it is as follows:

1st Strike - First round pick gets moved to end of the round.

2nd Strike - First round pick gets moved to end of the draft.

3rd Strike - Out of the league!

It should go without saying that we (the other 2 LMs & myself) will consider any extenuating circumstances which led to the line up issue/issues before handing down any penalties.

Thoughts?

Edited by USMC_PackFan