USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

Call me a sucker for nostalgia but Cobb was on my team for my last two championships and with Jordy leaving is once again in a starting role. Combine that with not loving the rookie class this year...Here's to hoping he can help deliver a third championship in the last 4 years.

18 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Call me a sucker for nostalgia but Cobb was on my team for my last two championships and with Jordy leaving is once again in a starting role. Combine that with not loving the rookie class this year...Here's to hoping he can help deliver a third championship in the last 4 years.

I strongly considered him at 2.2 ...Good pick!........well not champion good. LOL

4 minutes ago, honolulu2786 said:

2.08 is for sale, looking for a future pick or a player thats slightly more solid than you'd offer hockey. (the guy has enough trophies, come work with me.)

I mean, its only logical that you get someone slightly more solid for pick 2.8 then I get for 2.9. Math and all.

Edited by Hockey5djh

3 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I liked the pick, he was my highest rated guy available

14 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Whatever we do should just be decided on soon. I imagine a few teams are approaching the max

I see a bigger need to increasing our rosters by one vs changing the player limits to accommodate for the new flex spot next year, it would also help with bye wk's as the new flex spot would make the bye wk's more difficult to maneuver around.

If we did add a player to our roster....I think we would do it one of two ways:

1. Keep 12 & draft 7 next year and beyond

or

2. Keep 12 & draft 7 next year and then the following year we keep 13 & draft 6

I would prefer #2 as it would be a smoother transition over two years, helping the teams with less quality keepers vs teams that are loaded and keeping the league more competitive overall.  

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:28 PM, USMC_PackFan said:

Strongly considering adding another FLEX spot this year. 

Thoughts? 

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:50 AM, Hockey5djh said:

Realistically we already have two flex with a RB/WR and a true flex. I think we're fine.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:20 PM, Canadian_Patriot said:

I am always in favor of larger rosters, so I would vote yes to adding another Flex spot.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:26 PM, honolulu2786 said:

I'm open to it if the majority wants one. 

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:28 PM, WE-R-Lions said:

As a GM part of the challenge/fun is chosing your roster each week. My concern with an additional flex spot, we would only need to fill our bye weeks.

I would keep it as is. 

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:37 AM, sammymvpknight said:

I’m fine with another Flex. 

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:02 PM, chisoxguy7 said:

Would prefer it be put to a vote, and, if successful, would not take effect for this season. That’s the kind of thing that affects roster construction, and allowing time to make moves in anticipation of such a change should be allowed.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:30 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Agreed. Like when we were going to reduce return yardage and I'm over here with Darren Sproles like "Please God dont change the rule! he's the only Top-20 back i got" 

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:39 PM, USMC_PackFan said:

Due to the mixed feedback received, not this year. 

We'll be adding the additional FLEX for sure next year though for sure. 

That way I shouldn't hear that not enough time was given to plan out the additional spot on the starting line up. 

So...I wanted to re address this. By my count we have the following:

For the change: USMC, CP, and UNFSammy
Against the change: Hockey, We-R
Unclear and/or would like a vote: Hono, Chisox, JC
Has not weighed in: SoS, Sllim, OD, Gnat

I really think this is something that should be discussed and officially voted on in the offseason. There are more people that haven't weighed in than have weighed in (for or against). It may seem like a minor change but in a dynasty league that has been running for a few years already its bigger than it may seem because it opens up the door for other changes that really can change the dynamics of the league such as roster sizes, draft size, keeper limits, max position limits, etc.

Edited by Hockey5djh
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, honolulu2786 said:

I don't personally see the need to raise the max position limits. My two cents. 

Completely agree.  I mean seriously, what the heck I am gonna do with more than EIGHT RBs and/or WRs????  That's literally almost half of our current roster count of 18.

We will revisit the additional FLEX, number of keepers, etc. next offseason but, increasing the current roster limits will be a "no go" as far as I'm concerned.