NFC North 2018 Thread

Heinz D.

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Well...new rule is BAD though. And enforced even worse. That's bad for everybody. 

People only care because it’s the Packers, and the Packers are the NFL’s perfect cute little smalltown Ned Flanders franchise. If this happened to, say, Von Miller or Aaron Donald, it would be getting a fraction of the attention.

Just now, IronMike84 said:

People only care because it’s the Packers, and the Packers are the NFL’s perfect cute little smalltown Ned Flanders franchise. If this happened to, say, Von Miller or Aaron Donald, it would be getting a fraction of the attention.

I haven't seen enough stuff to know the extent of the coverage it's getting--but unfair is unfair. And as such, could easily bite the Bears at some point. 

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

So the Bears defense so far -

1st in sacks

1st in fumbles forced

1st in defensive TDs

3rd in INTs

3rd in fumbles recovered

3rd in rushing yards allowed

5th in total yards per game

8th in points per game

All in all they are doing amazing.

I was thinking of starting a thread earlier to talk about the defense. I'm in the middle of totaling up the numbers such as; pass pressures, # of blockers assigned to each pass rusher, blitz percentage, # of times in ocverage, yards given up, IDY(Individual defended yards--yards given up due to situations out of there hands. i.e perfect pass), blown assignments, # of times a receiver was open with X in coverage but not thrown too, man vs zone.......all kinds of stuff.

All in all though, you're right. They're doing a hell of a job.

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I was thinking of starting a thread earlier to talk about the defense. I'm in the middle of totaling up the numbers such as; pass pressures, # of blockers assigned to each pass rusher, blitz percentage, # of times in ocverage, yards given up, IDY(Individual defended yards--yards given up due to situations out of there hands. i.e perfect pass), blown assignments, # of times a receiver was open with X in coverage but not thrown too, man vs zone.......all kinds of stuff.

All in all though, you're right. They're doing a hell of a job.

I for one completely support this thread's creation...

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, Sugashane said:

So the Bears defense so far -

1st in sacks

1st in fumbles forced

1st in defensive TDs

3rd in INTs

3rd in fumbles recovered

3rd in rushing yards allowed

5th in total yards per game

8th in points per game

All in all they are doing amazing.

To think I was so happy when hearing that Mack was going to the Bears.  I didn't want him to end up in Green Bay because I thought he would have been the reincarnation of Reggie White for them.  Unfortunately, this is ending up one of those "be careful what you wish for" moments, because he could end up being a much bigger headache in Chicago than he would have been in Green Bay.  

Congratulations Bears fans.  Enjoy silencing the doubters.  It's three weeks into the season, the Bears are in first place in the NFC North, and the Vikings and Packers both have the same record as the Cleveland Browns.  :o

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

To think I was so happy when hearing that Mack was going to the Bears.  I didn't want him to end up in Green Bay because I thought he would have been the reincarnation of Reggie White for them.  Unfortunately, this is ending up one of those "be careful what you wish for" moments, because he could end up being a much bigger headache in Chicago than he would have been in Green Bay.  

Congratulations Bears fans.  Enjoy silencing the doubters.  It's three weeks into the season, the Bears are in first place in the NFC North, and the Vikings and Packers both have the same record as the Cleveland Browns.  :o

That, sir, is the very definition of temporary.

This was a damn weird week in the NFC North....

19 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I was thinking of starting a thread earlier to talk about the defense. 

8854822.gif

7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

It's three weeks into the season, the Bears are in first place in the NFC North, and the Vikings and Packers both have the same record as the Cleveland Browns.  :o

Browns are gonna be good though...:)

Archived