Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
49erurtaza

OTAs

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Honestly, that's a damn good backup if he can stay healthy

I would love that. Actually, I would love him to be more than a back-up. I want him to be in on certain packages. A super utility player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I continue to read the words Yards Per Route Run.. and I continue to sit here stumped. So he ran short of 3 yards a lot is good? I know I consumed far too much alcohol last night.. and I was never the smartest of kids in the litter... but.. wut does mean? 

200w.webp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I continue to read the words Yards Per Route Run.. and I continue to sit here stumped. So he ran short of 3 yards a lot is good? I know I consumed far too much alcohol last night.. and I was never the smartest of kids in the litter... but.. wut does mean? 

200w.webp

Ha! No, what it means is he averaged 2.57 yards per every route he ran. So for every 10 routes he ran, he would get around 25 yards. On average I bet he ran around 25 routes per game. So if Jimmy G was the QB for the entire season, he would average around 65 YPG. Dude would have been close to hitting the 1,000 yard mark. And for a TE? That's really really really good. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Hard to get injured on the bench! This is one heck of a strategy to keep him healthy.

If he's not winning a starting role by the end of camp, I can see the team trading him for a pick or maybe an EDGE option to a team that had a big DB injury. It'd be obvious at that point that he won't be a 49er in 2019. Plus, he's got the Baalke mark of death.

I can't see how we would get anything for him at 9 mil on his option year if he can't crack our starting line up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dez wants to play for the Niners, but he doesn't fit what Shanny likes in his WRs and it isn't a position of need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:
Dez wants to play for the Niners, but he doesn't fit what Shanny likes in his WRs and it isn't a position of need. 

can he plays guard? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

can he plays guard? 

I'd rather try him at LEO tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Forge said:

I can't see how we would get anything for him at 9 mil on his option year if he can't crack our starting line up

Depends on if a team with championship aspirations suddenly needs a starting caliber DB. If a guy like Lattimore on the Saints goes down, a guy like Ward might be the best available option and likely wouldn't cost much to acquire. The 9 million is just the price to not have your season go down the drain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I continue to read the words Yards Per Route Run.. and I continue to sit here stumped. So he ran short of 3 yards a lot is good? I know I consumed far too much alcohol last night.. and I was never the smartest of kids in the litter... but.. wut does mean? 

200w.webp

At least you were smart enough to ask. I didn't know how to interpret that stat either but I just let it slide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Breakout star in 2018…… 

What is YPRRR? Is he related to GRRM and JRRT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, big9erfan said:

At least you were smart enough to ask. I didn't know how to interpret that stat either but I just let it slide.

If in a game, you run 10 routes on passing plays (regardless of pattern depth) and have 2 receptions for 50 yards (the other 8 times you either were or were not targeted), you have 5 yards per route ran. The receptions don't factor into this stat - 10 routes ran, 50 yards, 5 yards per route.

It's an efficiency stat. It's meant to evaluate how often you impact the passing game while on the field. If 2 receivers finished a game with that 2 receptions for 50 yards statline, but one ran 10 routes and the other ran 40, then the receiver with 10 routes impacted the game in a greater manner while on the field.

Hope this helps!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

If in a game, you run 10 routes on passing plays (regardless of pattern depth) and have 2 receptions for 50 yards (the other 8 times you either were or were not targeted), you have 5 yards per route ran. The receptions don't factor into this stat - 10 routes ran, 50 yards, 5 yards per route.

It's an efficiency stat. It's meant to evaluate how often you impact the passing game while on the field. If 2 receivers finished a game with that 2 receptions for 50 yards statline, but one ran 10 routes and the other ran 40, then the receiver with 10 routes impacted the game in a greater manner while on the field.

Hope this helps!

 

Thank you for explaining it better than I did LOL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

If in a game, you run 10 routes on passing plays (regardless of pattern depth) and have 2 receptions for 50 yards (the other 8 times you either were or were not targeted), you have 5 yards per route ran. The receptions don't factor into this stat - 10 routes ran, 50 yards, 5 yards per route.

It's an efficiency stat. It's meant to evaluate how often you impact the passing game while on the field. If 2 receivers finished a game with that 2 receptions for 50 yards statline, but one ran 10 routes and the other ran 40, then the receiver with 10 routes impacted the game in a greater manner while on the field.

Hope this helps!

 

What I don't know though is how it aligns with any intuitive sense of who is a good receiver. ARe the pro bowl type receivers the guys who are high in this stat, or does it someehow identify guys that under appreciative relative to their efficiency? I guess what I'm really wondering if it is a useful stat or just another of the countless stats that might be interesting to look at but don't really tell us anything useful.

Edited by big9erfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

What I don't know though is how it aligns with any intuitive sense of who is a good receiver. ARe the pro bowl type receivers the guys who are high in this stat, or does it someehow identify guys that under appreciative relative to their efficiency? I guess what I'm really wondering if it is a useful stat or just another of the countless stats that might be interesting to look at but don't really tell us anything useful.

I don't have more recent data as I don't subscribe to PFF's advanced stats, but here were the top 10 in 2014:

 

Rank Name Team Targets Rec. Yards Snaps in Route YPRR
1 A.J. Green CIN 109 1041 352 2.96
2 Demaryius Thomas DEN 178 1619 583 2.78
3 Martavis Bryant PIT 48 549 200 2.75
4  Odell Beckham Jr. NYG 129 1305 476 2.74
5  Julio Jones ATL 156 1593 585 2.72
6 Dez Bryant DAL 135 1320 494 2.67
7 Jordy Nelson GB 146 1519 570 2.66
7 Antonio Brown PIT 178 1698 638 2.66
9 Emmanuel Sanders DEN 140 1409 574 2.45
10 DeSean Jackson WAS 87 1169
        Rec. Yards Snaps in Route YPRR
             
        1169 479 2.44

Just eyeballing it, I'd say it looks good. Admittedly, I'm not extremely familiar with its drawbacks, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×