2018 NBA Finals: The Warriors vs LeBron Pt. 4

RavensTillIDie

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I know the rules. You can only review that play if they think Lebron was in the circle. Then they can determine if it was a block or charge. My point is he was clearly not in the restricted. Not even close. So it should have never been reviewable. I still think it was a charge. As do many people inside and outside the NBA 

13 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

I know the rules. You can only review that play if they think Lebron was in the circle. Then they can determine if it was a block or charge. My point is he was clearly not in the restricted. Not even close. So it should have never been reviewable. I still think it was a charge. As do many people inside and outside the NBA 

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23672466/draymond-green-golden-state-warriors-had-two-missed-infractions-final-seconds-game-1

"The crew was not reasonably certain whether James was in the restricted area after an offensive foul was called against Durant," the report said. "Upon replay review, it was confirmed that James was outside the restricted area. The referees also reviewed whether James was in a legal guarding position, which is an additional reviewable matter for this replay trigger. Replay showed James was not in a legal guarding position because he was turning his body and moving into Durant when contact occurred. Thus the initial call on the floor was overturned and James was assessed a blocking foul."

They ended up getting the call right but it is true that it should have never been reviewed since he was clearly outside the restricted area. It wasn't close as he was a good couple feet outside the restricted area…… but I'll take it anyways lol.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

So the guy who was actually an NBA ref got to review it and said it was a charge but it wasn't close?

It wasn't close. LeBron was sliding in from the side and turned his body. He did not have position, and he was not set.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It wasn't close. LeBron was sliding in from the side and turned his body. He did not have position, and he was not set.

Bballbreakdown did a vid with the last Head of NBA officials and he said it was a charge after reviewing it in slow motion. Again, head of NBA officials. So yeah def not close.

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Bballbreakdown did a vid with the last Head of NBA officials and he said it was a charge after reviewing it in slow motion. Again, head of NBA officials. So yeah def not close.

Correct. It wasn't close. Feel free to look up a few posts to see what the NBA said about the play.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Correct. It wasn't close. Feel free to look up a few posts to see what the NBA said about the play.

Ok, but none of those say if it was a close call or not. I have a ref in real time calling it a charge, an ex-NBA ref in the broadcast call it a charge after reviewing it multiple times, and the guy who used to teach NBA refs how to be NBA refs call it a charge way after the fact. There is clearly subjectivity in this and it could reasonably be called either way. But yes, since you are the defender of things Warriors it clearly isn't close.

Also you can look up his (the guy who probably hired and was the boss of the fellows who made the call) explanation why it was a charge.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

Ok, but none of those say if it was a close call or not. I have a ref in real time calling it a charge, an ex-NBA ref in the broadcast call it a charge after reviewing it multiple times, and the guy who used to teach NBA refs how to be NBA refs call it a charge way after the fact. There is clearly subjectivity in this and it could reasonably be called either way. But yes, since you are the defender of things Warriors it clearly isn't close.

Also you can look up his (the guy who probably hired and taught the fellows who made the call) explanation why it was a charge.

It was a close call in real time. With instant replay, not so much. 

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

The two ex-NBA refs who watched the replays and still said it was a charge would disagree with you.

The real NBA refs who watched the replays and the NBA Office agree with me.

22 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The real NBA refs who watched the replays and the NBA Office agree with me.

Yes, the NBA officials said it wasn't close. I believe you.

That's why they took so long to discuss it. Probably took most of that time discussing dinner plans tbh.

Archived