2018 NBA Finals: The Warriors vs LeBron Pt. 4

RavensTillIDie

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Watch the screen shot I put up. He was going to have to take contested shot and wasn't going to be able to get to the cup. 

And Hill was on his way to having a great look to take the lead had Klay not held him. 

Bron used to predetermine a pass at one point in his career, but there should be no complaints about him passing it to Hill there. 

A contested shot?  Steph Curry was defending him.  The dude was making insane shots all night long and you're telling me a guy who is roughly 7 inches smaller than the best player on earth is going to contest him?  

Um yes, a contested shot. Just because Steph is on him doesn't mean Durant and Green aren't two steps away. Either it would have resulted in a step back or pull up with two guys on him. Getting a lay up to Hill was the much better look there. 

34 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Um yes, a contested shot. Just because Steph is on him doesn't mean Durant and Green aren't two steps away. Either it would have resulted in a step back or pull up with two guys on him. Getting a lay up to Hill was the much better look there. 

Thank you.

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

If he is so afraid of FTs, wouldn’t he be afraid of the other clutch shots he has made or game winner? You’re either afraid of clutch moments or you’re not.   I don’t think he is afraid to take free throws. 

Free throws are a different animal. The way me measure clutchness is stupid. If you don’t make a 25 foot contested buzzer beater or GW shot you’re clutch. Think about this for a sec. 5-11 Jordan is with under 5 secs. So those other 6 times he wasn’t clutch? Why did he miss those 6 other shots?

3 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

This is one of the biggest false narratives thrown around by Lebron haters. The only two players who seemed to have got worse playing with Lebron was Chris Bosh and Kevin Love, and thats because they went from being the #1 option on offense to being the 3rd option so of course their numbers will dip significantly. Actual role players tend to thrive playing with Lebron. Mario Chalmers, Shane Battier, Kyle Korver, Tristan Thompson ect... all looked good playing alongside Lebron. Kyrie went to Boston to be the #1 option and his numbers were virtually the same from from this year to last.

Kyle Korver was an all star in ATL. Spot up shooters benefit from LeBron. It’s not about their numbers dipping, it’s their effectiveness and the way they are restrained from doing what they normally did. LeBron doesn’t actually make guys better. He just makes it easier for spot up shooters. Jeff Green is not a reliable shooter, Bron isn’t making him better. Jordan Clarkson...Derrick Rose,

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Nope. I see a player who makes the right reads. Whether it's passing it to an open cutter, passing it out of the double team, or taking the shot himself, he makes the right reads.

Looking at the screen shot he does thre  right thing but that is not always the case. Dude does not trust himself there to make the FTs.

31 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

Still cant believe that awful charge overturn

Imagine if they did that to Jordan in the Finals

LUL

The horror of the refs getting the call right after a review. THE HORROR!

46 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

Still cant believe that awful charge overturn

Imagine if they did that to Jordan in the Finals

LUL

Correct me if I'm wrong but did they actually make the call on the court in real time, or did both refs have a different call so that's why they went to review?

Either way, the right call was made in the end. 

20 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That was a charge if I ever seen one. Called one on the court. Ref doing the ABC broadcast also called it a charge and said it would likely stand. Lebron beat Durant to the spot. Youre allowed to be moving

8 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but did they actually make the call on the court in real time, or did both refs have a different call so that's why they went to review?

Either way, the right call was made in the end. 

No. Youre only allowed to review that play if you think Lebron was in the restricted which is ridiculous. He was clearly at least 2 feet outside the circle

24 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It rubs me the wrong way because, yeah, in slow motion review it's a block. But in reality that's probably called a charge about half the time in game. So it was a pretty weird moment. 

1 minute ago, Knowledge said:

That was a charge if I ever seen one. Called one on the court. Ref doing the ABC broadcast also called it a charge and said it would likely stand. Lebron beat Durant to the spot. Youre allowed to be moving

You're allowed to be moving if you have position. Otherwise, you need to be set. LeBron was still sliding in front of Durant. It was a block. Here's a good explanation with video:

It's not a close call imo. Durant tries to change his path, LeBron continues sliding and turns his body, and they collide. That's a block. LeBron wasn't set and didn't have position before the collision.

Archived