Survivor: WINNER ANNOUNCED ON PAGE 458

MacReady

Just now, FinneasGage said:

what do you do to acquire these injuries? 

i've had a tendon issue in my ankle/foot that's lingered for a year that I ***** about on the daily. can't imagine the **** you got.

First ACL/meniscus was football my Sophomore year of HS (or junior year, I forget).

2nd ACL/meniscus was either baseball or karate when I was 22 or 23. (I think it was baseball, but the POP came three days later in karate class).

Patella tendon (the BIG one) was when I was 28, in a flag football game. Was basically immobile and/or on crutches for a year, but dedicated to rehab and fully recovered after 18 months. (I had tickets to the first Texans MNF game that year, had to sell them - this was back in the Steve Slaton days).

Microfracture was 30, felt something twitch in my knee when I was working out. I didn't want to do it, and it still doesn't feel right. 

Doctor brought up full knee replacement in about 3-4 years (so in my early 40s, WAY too early to even think about this stuff).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

the hand disease got to yo brain 

You ever meet someone that knows your whole life story but you never heard of em so you’re just awkwardly standing there with an unenthusiastic chimpanzee smile on your face 

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

First ACL/meniscus was football my Sophomore year of HS (or junior year, I forget).

2nd ACL/meniscus was either baseball or karate when I was 22 or 23. (I think it was baseball, but the POP came three days later in karate class).

Patella tendon (the BIG one) was when I was 28, in a flag football game. Was basically immobile and/or on crutches for a year, but dedicated to rehab and fully recovered after 18 months. (I had tickets to the first Texans MNF game that year, had to sell them - this was back in the Steve Slaton days).

Microfracture was 30, felt something twitch in my knee when I was working out. I didn't want to do it, and it still doesn't feel right. 

Doctor brought up full knee replacement in about 3-4 years (so in my early 40s, WAY too early to even think about this stuff).

I’m about to strap you to an adult car seat and leave you in front of a fire station damn 

12 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i've had a tendon issue in my ankle/foot that's lingered for a year that I ***** about on the daily. can't imagine the **** you got.

Get it looked at. My patella tendon injury could have been avoided if I realized I had tendinitis that was left untreated. 

1 minute ago, Tyty said:

You ever meet someone that knows your whole life story but you never heard of em so you’re just awkwardly standing there with an unenthusiastic chimpanzee smile on your face 

damn dog you ****in eternal sunshined me huh

Just now, ET80 said:

Get it looked at. My patella tendon injury could have been avoided if I realized I had tendinitis that was left untreated. 

you're so masculine you didn't realize you had tendinitis? lol thats wild. yeah i do some PT on it by myself sometimes.. went to appointments but it's really just basic **** i can do by myself. i think.. i mean it's not going away, but nothing really goes away when you're an adult it seems.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Yeah sorry about pushing you onto the curb with the trash, I thought it was the neighborhood kids pulling another prank on me 

Saul Goodman. Made friends with a pack of rats. Was a pretty awesome day, all things considered. 

7 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

you're so masculine you didn't realize you had tendinitis? lol thats wild. yeah i do some PT on it by myself sometimes.. went to appointments but it's really just basic **** i can do by myself. i think.. i mean it's not going away, but nothing really goes away when you're an adult it seems.

*shrug*

I just figured my knee was sore - bag of frozen peas and some "painkillers" and it was like it never happened.

It was some really strong "painkiller" I'll say that much. Think it was from Canada.

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It was some really strong "painkiller" I'll say that much. Think it was from Canada.

Tylenol 3?

You used to be able to bring back up to 50 at a time without a scrip but that was probably a decade ago. We used to make family trips to bring it back for my grandma. Legal drug smugglers for the greater good!

Edited by Dome

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

Tylenol 3?

You used to be able to bring back up to 50 at a time without a scrip but that was probably a decade ago. We used to make family trips to bring it back for my grandma. Legal drug smugglers for good!

Nah. Wasn't Tylenol. It was actually a tribe name for a while...