GM Brian Gutekunst is Having a Nice Rookie Year

Bob Fox

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Oh, that's a much smarter idea than what I did. Misunderstood you

I guess I didn't ham it up enough in my follow-on post.  Maybe the Wilkerson signing came after some other really important thing right after the graham signing?

IMO its far too premature to call Gute's first off season a success.  Way too many question marks given that we took a couple risks on some players who's best seasons are clearly behind them.  Williams is one of the oldest CBs in the NFL who's looked like garbage for the vast majority of his last 4 years in the league.  Wilkerson has been TERRIBLE the last 2 years and on top of being one of the bigger locker room cancers in the league.  While Graham had a lot of TDs last year he was almost useless when not in the red zone in what was one of his worst seasons as a pro. He looked like a guy who's seeing the effects of the patellar tendon rupture that didn't happen that long ago. An injury that ends most NFL careers when it occurs.  

Hopefully the risks pay off.

15 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I heard that TT pulled a Farva and took advantage of the open bar at the draft.  Gute tried to tell him the draft was at Bowl-a-rama, but TT found it anyway.

I'll have 6 schlitz's. **** it, whatever's free

I've never seen an open bar where I didn't think that lol

15 hours ago, SSG said:

IMO its far too premature to call Gute's first off season a success.  Way too many question marks given that we took a couple risks on some players who's best seasons are clearly behind them.  Williams is one of the oldest CBs in the NFL who's looked like garbage for the vast majority of his last 4 years in the league.  Wilkerson has been TERRIBLE the last 2 years and on top of being one of the bigger locker room cancers in the league.  While Graham had a lot of TDs last year he was almost useless when not in the red zone in what was one of his worst seasons as a pro. He looked like a guy who's seeing the effects of the patellar tendon rupture that didn't happen that long ago. An injury that ends most NFL careers when it occurs.  

Hopefully the risks pay off.

IMO you find it really fun to be the most negative fan alive online to get attention from everyone. Hopefully that pays off for you.

We've been over this before, so we shouldn't have to discuss this again.  Discuss the topic at hand, if you don't have anything constructive to say, don't post.  It isn't a very hard concept.  As I've also already said, Webby has already said that these blogs are on a case-by-case basis.  Webby has signed off on allowing Bob Fox to post his blog articles, so if you think you know better than him feel free to hit him up with a PM.  We're all adults here, so please act like one.  If the personal attacks continue, I'll issue warnings.

Archived