2018 Draft Eligible QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

Just now, DraftHobbyist said:

Are you trolling me? Seriously, I can't tell. You literally take everything I say way out of context than talk to me like I'm an idiot because of your own misunderstanding. You think you would've learned after last year.

Oh, I learned...not to overestimate your competence. I'm taking what you said in context. You are claiming that Dorsey could have saved his job if he had intended to play Mahomes from Day 1. To anyone with half a brain, it's a laughable supposition. Dorsey's firing had nothing to do with team performance. It had nothing to do with the QB situation. The team was remarkably successful under Dorsey. If Hunt wanted to fire him despite his success, making an objectively dumb football decision (forcing Mahomes onto the field over Smith) wasn't going to help at all.

Am I trolling you? No. One would assume you're trolling all of us by trying to make this argument, but based on my experience with you, I feel quite confident that you are being genuine here.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Oh, I learned...not to overestimate your competence. I'm taking what you said in context. You are claiming that Dorsey could have saved his job if he had intended to play Mahomes from Day 1. To anyone with half a brain, it's a laughable supposition. Dorsey's firing had nothing to do with team performance. It had nothing to do with the QB situation. The team was remarkably successful under Dorsey. If Hunt wanted to fire him despite his success, making an objectively dumb football decision (forcing Mahomes onto the field over Smith) wasn't going to help at all.

Am I trolling you? No. One would assume you're trolling all of us by trying to make this argument, but based on my experience with you, I feel quite confident that you are being genuine here.

You don't listen at all. Seriously. I've told you like 3 times this is not what I'm claiming. But hey, create the straw man argument again and attack it! I'm done here until you learn to stop misinterpreting my arguments. Btw, who was higher on Hunt last year than most? This guy. But you never learn. You just continue to be arrogant.

3 minutes ago, DraftHobbyist said:

You don't listen at all. Seriously. I've told you like 3 times this is not what I'm claiming. But hey, create the straw man argument again and attack it! I'm done here until you learn to stop misinterpreting my arguments. Btw, who was higher on Hunt last year than most? This guy. But you never learn. You just continue to be arrogant.

Yep, I'm not listening:

22 minutes ago, DraftHobbyist said:

I was saying that if Mahomes was playing that may have created a different focus and atmosphere of the team and may have saved Dorsey's job if Mahomes was playing well. 

9 hours ago, DraftHobbyist said:

Well, rumors are rumors. It's related because if the excitement was in the air with their QB maybe Dorsey doesn't get fired.

Yea, you totally weren't saying this:

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You are claiming that Dorsey could have saved his job if he had intended to play Mahomes from Day 1. To anyone with half a brain, it's a laughable supposition. Dorsey's firing had nothing to do with team performance. It had nothing to do with the QB situation. The team was remarkably successful under Dorsey. If Hunt wanted to fire him despite his success, making an objectively dumb football decision (forcing Mahomes onto the field over Smith) wasn't going to help at all.

Okay, bud.

6 minutes ago, DraftHobbyist said:

I wonder why you didn't quote this sentence of mine. I have no clue what your point is about the Clark Hunt comment.

Because it has nothing to do with what we're discussing. Your claim is that John Dorsey might have saved his job if Mahomes had been named the starter immediately after the draft. We're debating the likelihood of that happening. We're not debating whether or not the Chiefs should have started Alex Smith. And I'm being generous when I call this a debate because it's very clear that nothing was going to save Dorsey's job (besides Dorsey not engaging in the problematic conduct that led to his firing). 

You have no clue what my point is with my Clark Hunt comment? You assumed I was talking about Kareem Hunt in your post when I was talking about Clark Hunt (because Kareem Hunt makes no sense in the context of my post).

Regardless, you've managed to completely steer this conversation away from my point with your tangential, silly nonsense.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Because it has nothing to do with what we're discussing. Your claim is that John Dorsey might have saved his job if Mahomes had been named the starter immediately after the draft. We're debating the likelihood of that happening. We're not debating whether or not the Chiefs should have started Alex Smith. And I'm being generous when I call this a debate because it's very clear that nothing was going to save Dorsey's job (besides Dorsey not engaging in the problematic conduct that led to his firing). 

You have no clue what my point is with my Clark Hunt comment? You assumed I was talking about Kareem Hunt in your post when I was talking about Clark Hunt (because Kareem Hunt makes no sense in the context of my post).

Regardless, you've managed to completely steer this conversation away from my point with your tangential, silly nonsense.

HE SAID IT AGAIN FOLKS! HE REALLY SAID IT AGAIN! That's bold, jrry32. Again, no, I wasn't, and am not, claiming that. But I'm sure in the next comment you will say I did. You're arguing against your own imagination, not my comments.

1 minute ago, DraftHobbyist said:

HE SAID IT AGAIN FOLKS! HE REALLY SAID IT AGAIN! That's bold, jrry32. Again, no, I wasn't, and am not, claiming that. But I'm sure in the next comment you will say I did. You're arguing against your own imagination, not my comments.

I'm good with this. Let's bold it:

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Because it has nothing to do with what we're discussing. Your claim is that John Dorsey might have saved his job if Mahomes had been named the starter immediately after the draft.

Let's also bold this:

45 minutes ago, DraftHobbyist said:

I was saying that if Mahomes was playing that may have created a different focus and atmosphere of the team and may have saved Dorsey's job if Mahomes was playing well.

tumblr_mv179f6etr1rhwe3do1_250.gif

So where in that do I claim the Chiefs should have actually started Mahomes? I merely claimed that had Mahomes been started, it may have been better for Dorsey's chances to stay with the Chiefs. But hey, you got the knockout punch on me because...well, because you said so. Dating back to last year, this is what every discussion becomes with you. You don't let me make my argument, you force an argument I'm repeatedly telling you I'm not making and then argue against that. That's highly intellectually dishonest, and you need to stop doing it. When I correct you about my argument, you need to learn to accept the corrected argument instead of putting words in my mouth. I know what I'm saying better than you know what I'm saying. Otherwise, in the future, I will just get the mods involved if you don't stop misrepresenting me.

16 minutes ago, DraftHobbyist said:

So where in that do I claim the Chiefs should have actually started Mahomes?

Nowhere. I never claimed you did. I disagreed with your contention that starting Mahomes COULD have saved Dorsey's job. Never did I delve into whether or not they SHOULD have started him. We both seem to agree that would be the wrong move.

I merely claimed that had Mahomes been started, it may have been better for Dorsey's chances to stay with the Chiefs.

And that's what I debated because it makes no sense at all within the context of Dorsey's firing. You tried to undermine my praise of the Chiefs by tying Dorsey's firing to sitting Mahomes. You knew it was a weak argument. You then backtracked to this new argument. I addressed it in good faith. You pretended that wasn't your argument despite the fact that you stated multiple times that it was.(and you do so again here)

Own what you're arguing, dude. You're not pulling the wool over anyone's eyes here. This dance you're engaged in isn't fooling me.

But hey, you got the knockout punch on me because...well, because you said so. Dating back to last year, this is what every discussion becomes with you. You don't let me make my argument, you force an argument I'm repeatedly telling you I'm not making and then argue against that. That's highly intellectually dishonest, and you need to stop doing it. When I correct you about my argument, you need to learn to accept the corrected argument instead of putting words in my mouth. I know what I'm saying better than you know what I'm saying. Otherwise, in the future, I will just get the mods involved if you don't stop misrepresenting me.

I let you make your argument. I addressed your argument. You disclaimed your argument to pretend I was making things up. Then, you claimed your argument was exactly what I stated it was. Hell, I even asked you a few questions to get you to flesh out your argument. You've never done so. Why? Because it's clear you don't want to flesh it out because it'll mean you have to commit to it. You're doing your damnedest not to do that.

Feel free to "get the mods involved." If they gave out bans for bad arguments, you'd surely receive one here. Unfortunately, they do not. Frankly, this all could have been avoided if you hadn't made this dumb point:

10 hours ago, DraftHobbyist said:

Except the KC GM got fired.

In response to this post:

21 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Fans are reactionary, and unfortunately, many teams don't have the courage to do what's right. You know my opinion, but I think if teams were willing to follow through, it would work. It would allow them to develop QBs, but few teams have the courage to do it. KC is a great example of a team with the courage to do what's needed.

Thank you, @Forge, for calling him out on it. I should have just left you to handle this conversation. Time to get back to our regularly-scheduled programming.

Archived