2018 Draft Eligible QB Thread

CalhounLambeau

5 hours ago, vikes635 said:

Can someone give me a qb rankings list that i can copy and past onto an excel spread sheet. I would like this list to include players full name and school.  Or bump one that is already in this thread that i didnt find

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RgfxMu4CW0NKMZebZ88cgg7b7MlszjfzXxEeId7Y34/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks, Danger. 

And Mason Rudolph is still a stud. And he is coming out this year because he is a Senior. A lot of people look at age as a negative in the Draft, but I think for QB's, age can be a positive. Age brings maturity, which is badly needed at QB, and especially if a team is going to throw them to the wolves as a Rookie, I think having a 23 year-old Rookie is much better than having a 20 year-old Rookie. Mason Rudolph is currently 22 years-old with a July birthday. I actually like that. Mason Rudolph gets a lot of love from a lot of people, but I wanted to pile a little more on. :)

10 hours ago, DraftHobbyist said:

And Mason Rudolph is still a stud. And he is coming out this year because he is a Senior. A lot of people look at age as a negative in the Draft, but I think for QB's, age can be a positive. Age brings maturity, which is badly needed at QB, and especially if a team is going to throw them to the wolves as a Rookie, I think having a 23 year-old Rookie is much better than having a 20 year-old Rookie. Mason Rudolph is currently 22 years-old with a July birthday. I actually like that. Mason Rudolph gets a lot of love from a lot of people, but I wanted to pile a little more on. :)

Stud? He plays in a simple offensive scheme and can't read a defense. Also floats the ball quite a bit. Looks like a 3rd or 4th rounder to me.

18 minutes ago, Elusive_Tiger said:

Stud? He plays in a simple offensive scheme and can't read a defense. Also floats the ball quite a bit. Looks like a 3rd or 4th rounder to me.

Do you have any other criticisms? I see a 6'4" 235 lb guy who can run when he needs to, but scrambles with his eyes down the field, goes through progressions, puts the ball on the money, and can slide inside the pocket to avoid pressure. 3rd to 4th Rounder seems low to me.

Hello! I'm somewhat new to this site (I posted maybe two or three times several years ago, perhaps under a different name, but haven't been back since). I'm thinking hard about Baker Mayfield. I know the negatives (lack of height, character issues), but it's hard to overlook what he does on the field. And, truthfully, I actually LOVED it when he planted the Oklahoma Sooners flag in the center of the Ohio State field. It was a nice act of retaliation against Ohio State for their stunt the year before. One good taunt invites another, I always say. Anyway, I've got concerns about Mayfield, and I wasn't that hot about him last year. But he looks like a different guy so far this year, and I'll be keeping a close eye on him from here on out.

1 hour ago, Zed Rational said:

Hello! I'm somewhat new to this site (I posted maybe two or three times several years ago, perhaps under a different name, but haven't been back since). I'm thinking hard about Baker Mayfield. I know the negatives (lack of height, character issues), but it's hard to overlook what he does on the field. And, truthfully, I actually LOVED it when he planted the Oklahoma Sooners flag in the center of the Ohio State field. It was a nice act of retaliation against Ohio State for their stunt the year before. One good taunt invites another, I always say. Anyway, I've got concerns about Mayfield, and I wasn't that hot about him last year. But he looks like a different guy so far this year, and I'll be keeping a close eye on him from here on out.

What is different about Baker Mayfield this year that you like more from last year?

On 9/30/2017 at 12:03 PM, DraftHobbyist said:

I thought Luke Falk did some things really well and some things really poorly. His intermediate-long range ball was way off all night. There were at least 3 balls that landed way out of bounds that weren't throwaways. But on those short throws, he puts the ball on the money. He does go through his progressions, but he lacks athleticism and an internal clock, so that leads to a lot of sacks. Despite his lack of athleticism, however, he has some subtle moves in the pocket to keep his eyes down field and avoid a rusher. I wasn't a fan before last night, and I'm still not, but I do have respect for part of his game. He's nowhere near a 1st Rounder, though.

I really really like Luke Falk. He isn't going to wow anybody at the combine. He isn't always flashy. I've seen him move the pocket and evade pressure at times. I think he is by far the best player on Washington State right now. But I agree, I don't have him as a 1st rounder. 2nd maybe. Probably 3rd. He'll probably make a decent backup at worst, or, he might be one of those non-flashy guys that wind up playing so efficiently when surrounded by pro-level talent that his weaknesses get masked and he flourishes. I haven't really been able to get a great read on him individually though. 

5 hours ago, DraftHobbyist said:

What is different about Baker Mayfield this year that you like more from last year?

More consistent, better decisions. The only game I've seen him play this year was the Ohio State game, and maybe he was especially psyched for it, but he seemed to be more careful with the ball in this game, less likely to try to force the ball into coverage. He also seemed, in that game at least, to be less likely to take off running when his first receiver was covered. Instead, he kept his eyes down the field and was quicker to find a secondary target. It's early, and Ohio State is the only tough opponent that he's faced so far, but he was great in that game.

5 minutes ago, Scout said:

1. Darnold

2. Rosen

3. Allen

4. Rudolph/Baker

Top 3 is pretty much locked in

To say anything at this point is locked in seems pretty silly to me. If that was the case Jevan Sneed would have been the #1 overall pick some years ago.

Archived