2018 FIFA World Cup Group G & Group H

LeeEvans

If Sterling didnt have that tattoo England would be up by four goals. 

In all serious, I hope England keep doing what they've been doing. I think halftime comes at a good time for then, Southgate can calm everyone down and basically say the match is 0-0 and keep doing what they've done so well until now. England could definitely use someone else with a little more clinical nature though.

Our pundits are saying we played some of the best football of this world cup. This is why it's hard to support England. Yes, at times, we played around them - but was that better than Spain at their peak in the Portgual match? Better than Mexico's deadly counters? Nah

1 minute ago, texans_uk said:

Can we come back to the Kane incident.

Someone explain to me how that isn't a VAR penalty?

#deathtovar

It was. The four paid officials in the booth should have been in his ear to get over to the screen - where it would have become a penalty. No idea what the mix up is. Ref ignored it?? Everyone in the booth had a coffee break?

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It was. The four paid officials in the booth should have been in his ear to get over to the screen - where it would have become a penalty. No idea what the mix up is. Ref ignored it?? Everyone in the booth had a coffee break?

Presumably the VAR refs didnt think it was "a clear and obvious error". I havent seen a video of it yet. They're basically always reviewing every instance in the match, they just either didnt think that it necessitated review or the ref ignored it. 

Just now, LeeEvans said:

Presumably the VAR refs didnt think it was "a clear and obvious error". I havent seen a video of it yet. They're basically always reviewing every instance in the match, they just either didnt think that it necessitated review or the ref ignored it. 

Think of the Manzukic penalty. It was very much like that.

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Think of the Manzukic penalty. It was very much like that.

Yeah those fouls in that type of area is going to lead to a lot of the where are the VAR shouts? And I'm not really sure what the solution is, corners and free kicks always have some kind of contact that can lead to a penalty. It's going to be difficult to get some consistency on it. I obviously wont be able to fully comment until I see the incident though.

Archived