2018 FIFA World Cup Group G & Group H

LeeEvans

I'm very happy for England, it seems like they more than deserve it and really should have been home and dry by halftime. 

I also think this could be a big moment for the group. They looked like they had dropped points and been the "same old England" but they found a way to get a result. I'm hopefully England can use this as a springboard, the tournament is better with a decent England, particularly an England that can actually play some decent stuff. 

Southgate got away with that tonight. Alli should have been off at halftime and he should probably have brought Loftus-Cheek on earlier.

England should hammer Panama. Belgium will be the real test, but the fact they’ve won this game will give them a tonne of confidence.

6 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Southgate got away with that tonight. Alli should have been off at halftime and he should probably have brought Loftus-Cheek on earlier.

England should hammer Panama. Belgium will be the real test, but the fact they’ve won this game will give them a tonne of confidence.

Agreed that Panama should be a pretty easy task and that Belgium will be the test and obviously will decide who wins the group. 

I think the major take away will have to be how wasteful England were, Lingard and Sterling particularly. England need someone else in the side who can put chances away outside of Kane, he cant do it all himself.

Archived