Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio

BStanRamFan

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Celtics' offer would be based around the Grizzlies and Clippers' 1st Round Picks.  76ers would be Smith, Korkmaz, any other young player or stash, and the 2021 Miami pick.

Eh, I think if the Lakers offered Kuzma, it would trump anything the other two would feasibly offer. 

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Eh, I think if the Lakers offered Kuzma, it would trump anything the other two would feasibly offer. 

Well all reports put out in this thread is Kuzma is off the table and @CWood21 is saying they shouldn't make him available, so my assumption in this is adding Kuzma means it's no longer a "bad" Lakers offer.  If Ingram, Kuzma, and Ball are off the table and the rest of the roster or picks are considered their bad offer, then either the Celtics or 76ers would kill that offer and barely sacrifice anything.

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Well all reports put out in this thread is Kuzma is off the table and @CWood21 is saying they shouldn't make him available, so my assumption in this is adding Kuzma means it's no longer a "bad" Lakers offer.  If Ingram, Kuzma, and Ball are off the table and the rest of the roster or picks are considered their bad offer, then either the Celtics or 76ers would kill that offer and barely sacrifice anything.

Honestly, there's really no consistent report.  We've heard that the Spurs covet Brandon Ingram but the Lakers haven't included Brandon Ingram in Kawhi trade proposals.  That was a few days ago.  The recent comment from Zach Lowe was that the Spurs wanted Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, and two FRPs.  Lakers aren't giving up that before they got LeBron, and they certainly aren't giving up that much now especially that the Spurs are really out of options at this point.  At this point, the Lakers would have to include Brandon Ingram in order to get salaries close.

LIS, unless my math is wrong the Celtics can't match salaries without including at least one of Kyrie Irving, Gordon Hayward, Jayson Tatum, or Jaylen Brown.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but my quick math said it was illegal.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

LIS, unless my math is wrong the Celtics can't match salaries without including at least one of Kyrie Irving, Gordon Hayward, Jayson Tatum, or Jaylen Brown.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but my quick math said it was illegal.

Yeah, they are sitting at over $104 Million as currently constructed without cap holds and NG deals.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Yeah, they are sitting at over $104 Million as currently constructed without cap holds.

I mean, they have to get within 125% + 100k to land Kawhi.  That means the Celtics have to give up a little bit under $16M in salaries.  If you include Marcus Morris, Terry Rozier, Guerschon Yabusele, Abel Nader, and Semi Ojeleye that comes up to around $13.85M.  That isn't enough to get Kawhi.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, they have to get within 125% + 100k to land Kawhi.  That means the Celtics have to give up a little bit under $16M in salaries.  If you include Marcus Morris, Terry Rozier, Guerschon Yabusele, Abel Nader, and Semi Ojeleye that comes up to around $13.85M.  That isn't enough to get Kawhi.

Morris - 5,375,000
Rozier - 3,050,390
Yabusele - 2,667,600
Nader - 1,378,242
Ojeleye - 1,378,242
Theis - 1,378,242
Wanamaker - 831,311

That's $16,059,027 so I guess they could do it.

But it would also have to include the Kings unprotected 2019 pick methinks.

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Morris - 5,375,000
Rozier - 3,050,390
Yabusele - 2,667,600
Nader - 1,378,242
Ojeleye - 1,378,242
Theis - 1,378,242
Wanamaker - 831,311

That's $16,059,027 so I guess they could do it.

But it would also have to include the Kings unprotected 2019 pick methinks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Theis is a minimum salary player and can no longer be included for salary matching purposes.  And they just singed Wanamaker, so he's not tradeable until Decemberish I believe.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Theis is a minimum salary player and can no longer be included for salary matching purposes.  And they just singed Wanamaker, so he's not tradeable until Decemberish I believe.

Perhaps. Not sure how all that works.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

Perhaps. Not sure how all that works.

I believe the minimum salary changed after last offseason.  But I know Wanamaker isn't tradeable for a period of time after he signs.

5 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The Spurs wouldnt take what amounts to Morris/Rozier and a pick anyway. Brown would have to be included. Brown/Morris/Filler/Kings 1st for Leonard and the Spurs should jump at it

Philadelphia and LA should take all of their good assets off the table.  They are teams with championship aspirations with no shot at the title now even with Kawhi.  Try to wait out the Warriors for 2 years and continue to let your young players develop.

LA should top out at Wagner/Mykhailiuk, Hart, and 2019 1st and 2nd rounders.  If San Antonio asks for more then say no.  At this point take the risk and hope Kawhi joins LeBron and even better versions of Ingram, Kuzma, and Ball.

10 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Philadelphia and LA should take all of their good assets off the table.  They are teams with championship aspirations with no shot at the title now even with Kawhi.  Try to wait out the Warriors for 2 years and continue to let your young players develop.

LA should top out at Wagner/Mykhailiuk, Hart, and 2019 1st and 2nd rounders.  If San Antonio asks for more then say no.  At this point take the risk and hope Kawhi joins LeBron and even better versions of Ingram, Kuzma, and Ball.

I dont think the Lakers still have the cap room to make an offer like that. They are pretty much at the cap now, but can stretch Deng and save 11 million, so it would be close. 

Archived