Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio

BStanRamFan

39 minutes ago, YoungJefe said:

If I'm San Antonio I'd tell Philly I want Saric, Fultz, Covington, Shamet and two future 1st round picks plus they have to take Danny Green to make the salaries match up. 

That's a huge overpay for an injury prone player on an expiring contract.

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That's a huge overpay for an injury prone player on an expiring contract.

Add on the fact that he's threatening to leave, and that's probably not even close to what the Sixers would be willing to give up.  My guess is their offer is at best Saric, Covington, and a protected '19 FRP.

It depends. Folks thought PG was going to be a one year rental but may stay in OKC for a few more seasons. If Leonard ends up liking playing with Embiid/Simmons and they have good success, then I could see him doing the same. I would give up one 1st rounder not two though. 

And Spurs will have struck gold if Fultz gets his jumper back. 

23 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

If PG stays in OKC, Lakers have to go all in for Kawhi imo. You could've had PG last year if you wanted but thought he would come anyways. You really want to try that strategy again with Kawhi?

That's my thinking as well. You can't risk him going to Philly and having the same situation as PG. Get a guy like Kawhi when you can and then fill out the roster around LBJ/Kawhi. 

59 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:
1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

If PG stays in OKC, Lakers have to go all in for Kawhi imo. You could've had PG last year if you wanted but thought he would come anyways. You really want to try that strategy again with Kawhi?

That's my thinking as well. You can't risk him going to Philly and having the same situation as PG. Get a guy like Kawhi when you can and then fill out the roster around LBJ/Kawhi. 

100% agreed.  Can't strike out on both of them...unless San Antonio asks for a king's ransom.

9 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

The Spurs reportedly asked the 76ers for three future first round picks and two current players in exchange for Kawhi Leonard, reports @Schultz_Report.”

I’d do it in a heartbeat. 

The 76ers would have Embiid, Simmons, LeBron, and Kawhi. Those 1st round picks would be very low and the 76ers would be unstoppable. Pencil them in for at least the ECF going head to head with Boston and I’ll give the 76ers the edge. Then going up against the Warriors in the Finals, I’ll give the edge to the 76ers. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

I’d do it in a heartbeat. 

The 76ers would have Embiid, Simmons, LeBron, and Kawhi. Those 1st round picks would be very low and the 76ers would be unstoppable. Pencil them in for at least the ECF going head to head with Boston and I’ll give the 76ers the edge. Then going up against the Warriors in the Finals, I’ll give the edge to the 76ers. 

Now that LeBron has agreed to sign with the Lakers, would you still do that deal?

1 minute ago, DirtyDez said:

Sixers can still rent him for a year without blowing the future...

Dario Saric, Zhaire Smith and Landry Shamet plus a couple future 1sts.  That’s basically five 1st rounders.

Can probably get him cheaper now too that LeBron has signed with the Lakers. 

Archived