Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio

BStanRamFan

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But if Kawhi continues to let it be known it will be the Lakers or bust, then that will pretty much take teams like the Celtics out of the hunt. Or you would think. I saw some trade proposal of Love+8th pick +2021 1st. That may end up being the best offer they could get. The problem is they are highly unlikely to trade Kawhi before the draft so that pick may not matter much if the Spurs aren't particularly high on that player the Cavs draft. 

But if the Cavs get Kawhi then LeBron could sign a two year deal with an out after next season. Then start the process all over again lol. 

With Leonard's injury history and only 1 year left on his deal, I don't know if I'd offer a future pick.  If I did, I'd want #19 as well.

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But if Kawhi continues to let it be known it will be the Lakers or bust, then that will pretty much take teams like the Celtics out of the hunt. Or you would think. I saw some trade proposal of Love+8th pick +2021 1st. That may end up being the best offer they could get. The problem is they are highly unlikely to trade Kawhi before the draft so that pick may not matter much if the Spurs aren't particularly high on that player the Cavs draft. 

But if the Cavs get Kawhi then LeBron could sign a two year deal with an out after next season. Then start the process all over again lol. 

Cleveland is the wild card in all this.  Are they willing to make that gamble to convince LeBron to re-sign with them?  Given how wishy washy they've been, I'm not sure they'd do that.  But it's probably the gamble they have to make.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Cleveland is the wild card in all this.  Are they willing to make that gamble to convince LeBron to re-sign with them?  Given how wishy washy they've been, I'm not sure they'd do that.  But it's probably the gamble they have to make.

I mean, does San Antonio even want Love with already having Aldridge?

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Maybe, maybe not. But they probably would love the 8th pick and a future pick that could be high if LBJ/Kawhi are gone after one season.

Cleveland has to be bold if they want any chance of LeBron returning. They may mess around and trade for someone like Conley tbh. I expect them to do something soon, either today or during the draft.  

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Maybe, maybe not. But they probably would love the 8th pick and a future pick that could be high if LBJ/Kawhi are gone after one season.

Cleveland has to be bold if they want any chance of LeBron returning. They may mess around and trade for someone like Conley tbh. I expect them to do something soon, either today or during the draft.  

Make it a 3 team trade with Utah.

Cleveland receives:
Kawhi Leonard

Utah receives:
Kevin Love

San Antonio receives:
Tony Bradley
Ricky Rubio
Thabo Sefalosha

16 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Probably not.  But if they can re-route him to a 3rd team, that'd go a LONG way towards improving their status.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Cleveland receives:
Kawhi Leonard

Utah receives:
Kevin Love

San Antonio receives:
Tony Bradley
Ricky Rubio
Thabo Sefalosha

I was thinking more along the lines with Denver.  Would the Nuggets do a Faried/14 for Love swap @champ11?

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Cleveland receives:
Kawhi Leonard

Utah receives:
Kevin Love

San Antonio receives:
Tony Bradley
Ricky Rubio
Thabo Sefalosha

Not bad, though the Rubio means a lot more to the Jazz than the Spurs who have Murray who they have high hopes for. The Jazz without Rubio are simply just good, but with him they are really good. But I like the line of thinking with this trade. Just have to think the Spurs get a future pick out of this, even with Leonard being on the last year of his deal. 

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I was thinking more along the lines with Denver.  Would the Nuggets do a Faried/14 for Love swap @champ11?

They already have Milsap, and you can't put a defensive liability next to Jokic. So that will be a pass there. 

Love in Utah is perfect though. They lack spacing and have Gobert to cover up Love's flaws on the defensive end. 

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think so. They were interested in Love before they signed Millsap, who is a better fit for what the team needs and they have the TO at the end of this season. Love isn't a contender type fit with Jokic long-term, so I don't think they would invest there. Although I think that trade is a steal for Denver value wise. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not bad, though the Rubio means a lot more to the Jazz than the Spurs who have Murray who they have high hopes for. The Jazz without Rubio are simply just good, but with him they are really good. But I like the line of thinking with this trade. Just have to think the Spurs get a future pick out of this, even with Leonard being on the last year of his deal. 

True, but I think they'll want the ball in Mitchell's hands even more next year, which hurts Rubio's value to the team.  Utah can re-sign Exum and give more time to Burks to make up for the loss of Rubio.

I think Pop will eventually trade Kawhi to LA if it’s the best offer they get.  It would be the best long term move for the Spurs and Pop would have even more goodwill with the players heading into the olympics.

45 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

I think Pop will eventually trade Kawhi to LA if it’s the best offer they get.  It would be the best long term move for the Spurs and Pop would have even more goodwill with the players heading into the olympics.

No matter what pop does hes gonna have the respect of every player on that roster. Kawhi looks like the weirdo here, hasn't spoken in months, denied playing, and wants to go the Lakers so he can market himself? what brand is gonna want to market Kawhi after this offseason? Hasn't said a word in months and is letting his camp pull the strings for him. He looks like a diva and doesn't talk. I'm sure companies are throwing themselves at him cause he's just so likable now.

Archived