Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio

BStanRamFan

On 7/4/2018 at 1:59 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

If fultz is the sticking point, then LOL at the 76ers

Look at what teams aren't offering.  Lakers reportedly aren't willing to offer Ingram or Kuzma, Celtics aren't dealing Tatum and Brown, and the Sixers aren't offering Fultz.  At this point, the Spurs aren't getting an elite prospect.

6 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

The Clippers are going to be in a great spot cap wise after this season. Hell, if they can find someone willing to take Gallinari's contract for draft picks or players, they will be able to sign at least 2 max type players. The only questionable thing they have done recently was decline on trading Deandre Jordan and letting him leave for nothing. 

The whole Kawhi-to-the-Clippers thing smells like a load of bullcrap to be honest.  In terms of Los Angeles, the Lakers are exponentially more appealing than the Clippers.

37 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Look at what teams aren't offering.  Lakers reportedly aren't willing to offer Ingram or Kuzma, Celtics aren't dealing Tatum and Brown, and the Sixers aren't offering Fultz.  At this point, the Spurs aren't getting an elite prospect.

If they arent going to include any of those guys, then a package of Gordon/Tucker and two 1st round picks would probably be a decent package to keep the Spurs playing at a high level. 

7 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

If they arent going to include any of those guys, then a package of Gordon/Tucker and two 1st round picks would probably be a decent package to keep the Spurs playing at a high level. 

I mean, there's probably a dozen different teams who could offer a similar package and they could probably get a better combination of pick(s) from another team than a couple of very late 1sts from the Rockets.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, there's probably a dozen different teams who could offer a similar package and they could probably get a better combination of pick(s) from another team than a couple of very late 1sts from the Rockets.

but how many will offer an elite defender in tucker, a 20 point scorer in Gordon and not care whether Leonard will sign long term?

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

but how many will offer an elite defender in tucker, a 20 point scorer in Gordon and not care whether Leonard will sign long term?

A garbage offer is still a garbage offer.  There's nothing in there that helps out the Spurs long-term.  There is nothing in there that motivates the Spurs to move Kawhi to the Rockets, so if there's a comparable package why wouldn't they send him to the East?  I mean, if I'm Orlando I'd offer Nic Vucevic, the OKC FRP, and a protected '19 FRP and the Spurs would probably prefer that package.

Just now, CWood21 said:

A garbage offer is still a garbage offer.  There's nothing in there that helps out the Spurs long-term.  There is nothing in there that motivates the Spurs to move Kawhi to the Rockets, so if there's a comparable package why wouldn't they send him to the East?  I mean, if I'm Orlando I'd offer Nic Vucevic, the OKC FRP, and a protected '19 FRP and the Spurs would probably prefer that package.

That package doesnt help them compete this year. Gordon would start for them, Tucker possible could as well, but probably not. 

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Because Tony Parker didn't all of a sudden wake up one day and decide to call him out in front of the team in a players only meeting. It was directed by Popovich as were the hundreds of shots he took at Kawhi "and his group or Kawhi and his people" throughout the season. They just wouldn't accept he was feeling discomfort and thought it was all mental. Then as Cris Carter and others have stated,  the Spurs misdiagnosed his injury. This led Kawhi to getting a second opinion with the 76ers team doctor and they diagnosed him with something else and had a different treatment plan compared to the Spurs team doctors. So basically at this point Kawhi has lost all faith and trust in the Spurs medical staff and Popovich.

Well aren’t Pop and Kawhi still on good terms? 

The truth is that Kawhi hates attention and the Spurs are extremely tight lipped, which means no one really knows what is going on. I wouldnt be shocked if news broke that Leonard was signing a super max and I wouldnt be surprised if he was traded to the Hawks 

Archived