LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

28 minutes ago, Danger said:

lol

Not unrealistic if he doesn't think it would be in his best interest to make the move to LA this year.  He could opt-in, let Ball/Ingram/PG/Kuzma/Randle? or whatever run it back and another year of Deng's contract to fall off the books, then look to head to LA, or wherever, in 2019 when the outlook looks even better for him with a team.

Honestly, Lebron needs to cash in on a 4 year max deal this off season. He turns 34 this year. I know its the great lebron James, but the longer he waits, the more hesitant teams are going to be to lock him up long term. I am sure someone will sign him to a deal that pays 40 year old Lebron 50 million, but they will regret that. 

3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Honestly, Lebron needs to cash in on a 4 year max deal this off season. He turns 34 this year. I know its the great lebron James, but the longer he waits, the more hesitant teams are going to be to lock him up long term. I am sure someone will sign him to a deal that pays 40 year old Lebron 50 million, but they will regret that. 

If LeBron wasn't is as great of shape as he is, or didn't look as amazing in the finals as he did, I would agree with you.  Unless he suffers a major injury though I think he can wait it out for 1 more year before going for a max contract.

1 minute ago, Raves said:

If LeBron wasn't is as great of shape as he is, or didn't look as amazing in the finals as he did, I would agree with you.  Unless he suffers a major injury though I think he can wait it out for 1 more year before going for a max contract.

i agree that he can, and he will get a max deal, but just like Houston will be stuck with CP3 as an old man, someone will have an even older Lebron

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

i agree that he can, and he will get a max deal, but just like Houston will be stuck with CP3 as an old man, someone will have an even older Lebron

I don't disagree with this, but that doesn't really mean that "LeBron should sign a 4 year max deal now" like you said above. That's the team's problem that pays him, not LeBron's.

I'll get laughed out of the building for this. But if Lebron actually wanted to beat the Warriors, he would go to Denver. A lot of people lose track of how young and ridiculously talented that team is. Golden State would not beat a Nuggets team in a best of 7 if they had a starting line up of Jamal Murray, Gary Harris, Paul Millsap, Nikola Jokic and Lebron James. Not in a million years. They're one of the only teams in the league who have consistently given Golden State all they wanted over the last 2 years (Denver's 3-2 against them over their last 5), AND it wouldn't screw up team chemistry to go there. The problem with a team like Houston is that they already have a Lebron type guy in Harden. So do the 76ers. The Nuggets don't. In fact, you could argue that the ONLY thing they are missing is a Lebron type player. Factor in the altitude on top of that, and they would be scary. 

2 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

I'll get laughed out of the building for this. But if Lebron actually wanted to beat the Warriors, he would go to Denver. A lot of people lose track of how young and ridiculously talented that team is. Golden State would not beat a Nuggets team in a best of 7 if they had a starting line up of Jamal Murray, Gary Harris, Paul Millsap, Nikola Jokic and Lebron James. Not in a million years. They're one of the only teams in the league who have consistently given Golden State all they wanted over the last 2 years (Denver's 3-2 against them over their last 5), AND it wouldn't screw up team chemistry to go there. The problem with a team like Houston is that they already have a Lebron type guy in Harden. So do the 76ers. The Nuggets don't. In fact, you could argue that the ONLY thing they are missing is a Lebron type player. Factor in the altitude on top of that, and they would be scary. 

I appreciate your loyalty to the Nuggets, but the Warriors sweet the Nuggets.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I appreciate your loyalty to the Nuggets, but the Warriors sweet the Nuggets.

Haha, I totally get why you think that. But I'm tellin you man, I've watched how much trouble the Nuggets have given them, particularly over the last 1.5 seasons. Denver with Lebron would be a serious problem for Golden State.

Just now, 1234567 said:

Haha, I totally get why you think that. But I'm tellin you man, I've watched how much trouble the Nuggets have given them, particularly over the last 1.5 seasons. Denver with Lebron would be a serious problem for Golden State.

A sweep might be a bit strong, but there's no chance the Nuggets beat a healthy Warriors team.

Maybe, maybe not. Unfortunately we'll never know. We both know Lebron will never go to D-town, and without him (or someone similar) Denver won't make it to the finals. But I WILL make a friendly wager with you xD. I bet ya the Nuggets post a winning record against Golden State next season. That's as close to a finals series as those two teams probably get.

Just now, CWood21 said:

A sweep might be a bit strong, but there's no chance the Nuggets beat a healthy Warriors team.

Maybe, maybe not. Unfortunately we'll never know. We both know Lebron will never go to D-town, and without him (or someone similar) Denver won't make it to the finals. But I WILL make a friendly wager with you xD. I bet ya the Nuggets post a winning record against Golden State next season. That's as close to a finals series as those two teams probably get.

Im starting to come to terms with the chances are that LeBron is going West. :(

Cavs dont have enough to keep him around. Unless someone is willing to part with a top talent without taking Love or Sexton, its just not going to happen.

I think LeBron has had his mind set on LA this year for a while, he knew all season long he was out of Cleveland.

33 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Im starting to come to terms with the chances are that LeBron is going West. :(

Cavs dont have enough to keep him around. Unless someone is willing to part with a top talent without taking Love or Sexton, its just not going to happen.

I think LeBron has had his mind set on LA this year for a while, he knew all season long he was out of Cleveland.

As long as he doesn't make another "The Decision" debacle I'm cool with it.  Was wanting to move on from LeBron instead of Kyrie if we had the choice, at least Kyrie was signed longer and was willing to commit to the Cavs plus being younger.

7 minutes ago, Raves said:

As long as he doesn't make another "The Decision" debacle I'm cool with it.  Was wanting to move on from LeBron instead of Kyrie if we had the choice, at least Kyrie was signed longer and was willing to commit to the Cavs plus being younger.

Yeah. The Decision was probably his biggest and honestly maybe only PR mistake he has made.

Hopefully we can get a S&T from wherever he wants to go to get some assets back. Trade Love, Korver, JR, TT, Hill, anyone you can and go into full tank mode like Philly did.

Archived