35 members have voted

1. 1. Best recently hired B1G coach?

• Tom Allen, Indiana
    • Jeff Brohm, Purdue
    • D.J. Durkin, Maryland
    • P.J. Fleck, Minnesota
    • Scott Frost, Nebraska

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

You should really get out more. There is a world outside of your state.  

I'ts gotten tougher and tougher to get out of my state because it's getting so big. We recently absorbed this territory full of lakes and crappy football and a coach with a hashtag for a personality, but we're taking the recruits we want from it which is nice.

Fun fact, there are as many Wisconsin players in your top 250 as there are Minnesota draft picks since 2010.

#longtimescout
#noNFLtalent

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'ts gotten tougher and tougher to get out of my state because it's getting so big. We recently absorbed this territory full of lakes and crappy football and a coach with a hashtag for a personality, but we're taking the recruits we want from it which is nice.

Fun fact, there are as many Wisconsin players in your top 250 as there are Minnesota draft picks since 2010.

#longtimescout
#noNFLtalent

I completely agree, Minnesota is lacking big time in talent especially under the new coaching staff which I still question a lot.  PJ Fleck I dislike and think he is far too rah rah with no substance at all in terms of fundamental coaching.  Too bad Jerry Kill had healthy issues , with that group, who was more blue collar they were kind of going in the right direction, will see what Fleck can do if anything this year.

Sadly 9 players from Wisconsin in my top 250+ you probably got a boner from that, 11 Gophers drafted since 2010 so a little off unless you are not counting 2010.  But still most were Jerry Kill players an no PJ Fleck recruit yet seems to be worth a damn, will see if that can change.  Will also see how those Wisconsin OLs develop, not sure they are 1st rounders just yet and no way three of them will be picked in the 1st round like some say but will see, maybe they will all make huge jumps this year.

Oh and by the way, Stanford could end up having a better OL than Wisconsin in terms of prosepcts, especially in regards to the tackle position if certain guys can develop like Walker Little who could be a star.  Will see how it plays out.

#notsince2003

#Fleckputuporshutup

9 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I completely agree, Minnesota is lacking big time in talent especially under the new coaching staff which I still question a lot.  PJ Fleck I dislike and think he is far too rah rah with no substance at all in terms of fundamental coaching.  Too bad Jerry Kill had healthy issues , with that group, who was more blue collar they were kind of going in the right direction, will see what Fleck can do if anything this year.

Sadly 9 players from Wisconsin in my top 250+ you probably got a boner from that, 11 Gophers drafted since 2010 so a little off unless you are not counting 2010.  But still most were Jerry Kill players an no PJ Fleck recruit yet seems to be worth a damn, will see if that can change.  Will also see how those Wisconsin OLs develop, not sure they are 1st rounders just yet and no way three of them will be picked in the 1st round like some say but will see, maybe they will all make huge jumps this year.

Oh and by the way, Stanford could end up having a better OL than Wisconsin in terms of prosepcts, especially in regards to the tackle position if certain guys can develop like Walker Little who could be a star.  Will see how it plays out.

#notsince2003

#Fleckputuporshutup

"Since" by definition does not include the thing that comes after, so the sentence:

"This is the biggest stock market crash since 2008" does not mean that the crash would be as big as 2008, but does mean it would be as big or bigger than anything before it. Grammar better.

tbh I actually agree with you on Fleck except I'm virtually 100% certain he's going to fail. In the post Kill years, Minnesota needed a guy who would be a developmental, disciplinarian that would actually hold the team accountable. Then once you have some type of player development foundation, you could higher a splashier players coach. He's all hashtag and no substance, and the longer he goes without doing anything of note at Minnesota the more hollow the #elite shtick sounds. tbh Minnesota is probably a decade of sound decision making away from relevance.

Edwards is a fringe first rounder right now, depending on how deep the OL class is. Beau B. is overrated and shouldn't go any higher than the value guard rounds (5th or so). Dieter was out of position last year and is the prohibitive favorite to become this year's 1st round, super old guy C that goes in the 20's. I still think he's a 2nd rounder though.

tbh this is way less fun now that you're super pessimistic. I want to have fun with full homer "Minnesota and Wisconsin have the same talent" Ozzy, not this beaten down shell.

14 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

"Since" by definition does not include the thing that comes after, so the sentence:

"This is the biggest stock market crash since 2008" does not mean that the crash would be as big as 2008, but does mean it would be as big or bigger than anything before it. Grammar better.

tbh I actually agree with you on Fleck except I'm virtually 100% certain he's going to fail. In the post Kill years, Minnesota needed a guy who would be a developmental, disciplinarian that would actually hold the team accountable. Then once you have some type of player development foundation, you could higher a splashier players coach. He's all hashtag and no substance, and the longer he goes without doing anything of note at Minnesota the more hollow the #elite shtick sounds. tbh Minnesota is probably a decade of sound decision making away from relevance.

Edwards is a fringe first rounder right now, depending on how deep the OL class is. Beau B. is overrated and shouldn't go any higher than the value guard rounds (5th or so). Dieter was out of position last year and is the prohibitive favorite to become this year's 1st round, super old guy C that goes in the 20's. I still think he's a 2nd rounder though.

tbh this is way less fun now that you're super pessimistic. I want to have fun with full homer "Minnesota and Wisconsin have the same talent" Ozzy, not this beaten down shell.

If he fails I would not be totally upset with that because then I would consider myself correct, I also did not like him from the get go.  Way to Tim Brewster type for me, but will see what he can do.  And like I said before I think Annexstad a local Minnesota QB prospect who went down to IMG Academy his last two seasons in high school, if he did not come to the U of M they would not have Dunlap and Faalele as recruits, both were his teammates at IMG, arguably and that is why they were "ranked" that highly as a class because those two came to Minnesota.  Again will see if any of these recruits can actually show up.

As for being being beaten down, sure I am a fan of the Gophers but I am not a homer so much so I disregard the rest of College Football or the current state of the team.  I follow college football and NFL prospects very closely and can usually tell when things are not going good regardless of the program or what state it is in.  At the time I felt Minnesota was on the up swing and Wisconsin was maybe leveling out, then they have a great season despite a crazy hard schedule and prove most wrong, then come back last year and play even better and find a feature back for the next two or three seasons.  Not to mention develop a pipeline of LBs that seems to never end or stop. 

And for Minnesota a few years back the coaching staff was solid and they developed a lot of talent especially on defense which was impressive.  You had defensive backs in the NFL currently who are played well in Eric Murray and Briean Boddy-Calhoun, also other guys who might have a chance or at least had a shot in Damarius Travis, Jalen Myrick and Cedric Thompson.  Not to mention a real rising star at linebacker in De'Vondre Campbell and Wilson had some moments at linebacker for the Cowboys as well when he gets the playing time.  For over 10 years or more before the Jerry Kill staff arrived they never had good defensive players in terms of NFL prospects, they were all offensive guys and most underachieved at the next level.  So getting some D in was nice for once, not to mention Hageman who had a lot of talent on the DL also but had off the field stuff potentially end his career. 

Edwards I agree is a fringe 1st rounder but does have to take his play to the next level.  Dieter will be interesting to see what he is like at guard, at tackle I was not very impressed with him last year but will see how he is at guard assuming he can stay there and they can find another tackle opposite Edwards.  Stanford for example has Hall at tackle, Little and can also throw in Hamilton, Wisconsin has arguably only one really solid tackle currently in Edwards, will see if another one can develop.  Dietzen I actually like more in terms of power at times that Dieter, but he might not get much playing time this season, will see, has a nasty side to him though but still needs some more.  Micah Kapoi is an odd one because honestly no clue why he did not just transfer out to get some playing time, might of had some ability if he had the chance to show it.  Olive Sagapolu is a great athlete for a man his size but to me has to make more plays on the field to show he is a legit NT prospect at the next level and not just a big guy pushing people around in college from time to time.  Will have to play a lot better without their starting DEs both injured for the year.  Tyler Biadasz I like a lot at center, he has a pro future no doubt with his athletic ability, this Brett Connors I never thought was that good and they are lucky they were able to put in Biadasz I feel.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2018 at 12:56 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Seriously though Scott Frost is at least kind of interesting even if he's running a program that's been legally dead for 15 years. The rest of those meatballs are gonna get processed.

You are sleeping on Brohm. I am with you on the other three // probably whoever Maryland hires to replace Durkin. Brohm is going to catapult to a solid program in a year or two and do really well. 

• 3 months later...

Archived