World Cup Quarter Final 1 - France vs Uruguay (Friday 6th July)

drd23

Just now, The Gnat said:

I do and don't. If they actually gave out cards to players for faking it, then I'd agree, but it's hard when you're trying to come back, you're sure someone is faking it, and it ends up wasting 3 minutes because they are acting "injured".

Just make sure the ref puts all the time on the backend. Express to the ref that you think he's faking (though there is no need to run into his face like a raving lunatic). But don't grab a guy and try to drag him to his feet.

With that said I am on record as wanting more cards for faking, both that a foul occurred or embellishing to try to draw a card.

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

What is that meant to achieve?

Reduce the amount of lost time in a game.  Everyone knows that the time added by the ref at the end of the half almost never matches the time actually lost, so they are trying to reduce the chance of a stoppage.

I do agree that its not smart in case the player is genuinely injured, but that is so infrequent in football that it almost doesn't matter 

Just now, drd23 said:

Reduce the amount of lost time in a game.  Everyone knows that the time added by the ref at the end of the half almost never matches the time actually lost, so they are trying to reduce the chance of a stoppage.

I do agree that its not smart in case the player is genuinely injured, but that is so infrequent in football that it almost doesn't matter 

You say that like anyone actually gets up when pulled. All that happens is exactly what did. Players come together an argue and even more time is wasted.

It doesn't achieve anything. Plus there is also this whole cleaning your own glass house first. I guarantee every players team and 99% of players have taken some extra time to waste it in the past and will in the future.

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

Just make sure the ref puts all the time on the backend.

Unfortunately this will be unlikely to happen until they start using independent time keepers

6 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Mbappe get all the praise for one good game, but Kante and Pogba have been France best players so far this tournament. 

Pogba has played very well the last two games. Wouldn’t say he has been the best. Kante has been Kante. Mbappe has played well, as has Griezmann. 

Archived