Best Group In Football

Shady Slim

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Debatably not even the best in their own division. 

Kelce was the best Center in football last year. Lane Johnson is the best RT in football. Brandon Brooks is playing a top 5 level, but still not the level of Zach Martin the best guard in football. Tyron Smith wasn't himself, we'll have to see if he returns to form. Peters was playing at a Pro Bowl level before blowing out his knee, but Halapoulivaati Vaitai played well in his place. 

I'm going to toss out this stat. In 3 games this post season, the Patriots led the NFL in sacks with 11. Not a single 1 of them came in the Super Bowl against the Eagles.

Didn't the eagles just lose Peter's? That's a huge blow if so, and if they did then no they don't have the best oline, nor 2nd best.

12 minutes ago, GamedayGuru said:

Didn't the eagles just lose Peter's? That's a huge blow if so, and if they did then no they don't have the best oline, nor 2nd best.

He is back now. Also when you consider the Cowboys, they have zero depth.

8 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

No Titans RBs? As I recall you had Henry and Lewis in your top 10.

They came to mind obviously but when I look at their depth chart it is only those two and no one else noteworthy. I figure the Bengals, Seahawks, and Eagles have better depth although I suppose as a unit it is hard to matchup against just Lewis/Henry. Patriots, Browns, and Giants all have at least three legitimate guys that make up their unit.

58 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Lol yall are so desperate for recognition and validation.

Won the Super Bowl. Don't care. Y'all are desperate for a glimmer of hope in the upcomming season knowing you'll be 7-9 and still have Jason Garett in 2019.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

Won the Super Bowl. Don't care. Y'all are desperate for a glimmer of hope in the upcomming season knowing you'll be 7-9 and still have Jason Garett in 2019.

One person mentions the Cowboy's O-Line and you have to hammer it home that you guys have the best of everything. That's desperate.

12 hours ago, Danger said:

Duo? It doesn't get better than the MVP and Super Bowl MVP. 

FOLes

Your blatant biased opinion is really showing with this post. 

3 time league MVP. 4 time SB MVP = Brady>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>0 time league MVP Wentz/Foles. 1 time fluke MVP Foles.
2 time league MVP. 1 time SB MVP = Rodgers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>0 time league MVP Wentz/Foles. 1 time fluke MVP Foles.

^^Among others

13 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

They came to mind obviously but when I look at their depth chart it is only those two and no one else noteworthy. I figure the Bengals, Seahawks, and Eagles have better depth although I suppose as a unit it is hard to matchup against just Lewis/Henry. Patriots, Browns, and Giants all have at least three legitimate guys that make up their unit.

I don't think every player in the group should be valued at equal proportion. The lone starter represents more for the whole group than the 3rd/4th RB should. Even more so at a position like offensive line when the starters play every snap.

By that standard I'm surprised the Titans RBs you hold in high regard aren't worth mentioning.

Also, I'm surprised you mention the Patriots having "...three legitimate guys..." when in another thread you criticized the unit:

DoleINGout: Aside from Jeremy Hill, none of the Patriots current running backs have started more than eight games in a single season. Along the line of injuries, rookie Sony Michel supposedly has some type of degenerative knee condition that could limit his longevity and use. 

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

criticized

Criticism is equal across unjts, teams, players, everyone for me, regardless. Michel is noteworthy for his talent but longterm I'm not so certain due to his supposed medical prognosis. James White is a good third down back. Rex Burkhead can play special teams well in addition to being a respectable runner and receiver in a shared role. Jeremy Hill, if he is on the team, will probably be a late game finisher when the team is ahead.

Archived