More Televised Games for Teams on the Rise

Shylo3716

More air time for teams on the rise?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should the NFL give more air time to teams that bring in a mass amount of talent to their rosters, whether they are below average or not in the standings for popular demand like the NBA?

Lol no.  Nobody wants to see bad teams in transition on national TV because it doesn't usually make for good football.  If the team does better than expected, then they'll be flexed into a primetime spot.  Simple concept IMO, you don't usually give a ton of primetime games to teams in transition unless they're big market teams because you don't want to have to flex them out of the spot if they end up being terrible 

I would like them to be more flexible with primetime games. Being forced to watch a team 5x on national TV just because they were projected to be good is not the answer. Like the Giants for instance. I dont want to sit there and watch the 1-9 Giants play the Falcons just because their preseason rankings were good. It would be nice for all primetime games after week 8 to be flexible with a 2 week notice once the NFL has a feeling for what teams are appealing.

7 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

I wish the NFL had something like NHL TV or MLB TV. 

I know there's Sunday Ticket but I don't want to have to switch to direct TV for it. 

You dont have to...you can get the streaming version for cheaper and download the Sunday Ticket app on your computer or any streaming device like xbox, ps4, roku, fire stick, apple tv, ect and watch it on your TV. 

I have Time Warner cable and buy ST every year and watch it on my TV through my Roku and sometimes PS4.

https://nflst.directv.com/

No. This isn't the NBA where you can afford to try and market transitional teams here or there from a 72 gm season (2160 gms) Around 544 televised.  NFL only gets 17 weeks (256). Typically around 54 televised. That's 10x less of an opportunity!

17 weeks of trying to not only reach some of the more popular teams/markets in the United States, but expanding that popularity overseas. Now do they over compensate  at times by playing specific teams way to much, YES! However the majority (not all) of those games were either or are considered Teams in contention that season or large markets that will bring in the ratings.

NFL is all about the Money, always will be. I agree though flexing games should start 1/2 way through the season in case teams bomb like last year's Giants.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

You dont have to...you can get the streaming version for cheaper and download the Sunday Ticket app on your computer or any streaming device like xbox, ps4, roku, fire stick, apple tv, ect and watch it on your TV. 

I have Time Warner cable and buy ST every year and watch it on my TV through my Roku and sometimes PS4.

https://nflst.directv.com/

Says I'm not eligible unfortunately.   

No thanks.

What I'd like is to stop seeing teams playing a schedule that runs as TNF, and then SNF and then MNF. They did that to Miami and Pittsburgh last year from what I recall and I find that ridiculously stupid.

Spread the games out a bit, but don't bring these "up and coming" teams up like the OP asks.

No, but I wish there were easier options to watch other NFL games that aren’t being aired on FOX, CBS, etc. 

Without the obvious way that I assume many of us (who watch more than the nationally televised games) do.

Archived