Update: Urban Meyer suspended 3 games

IDOG_det

Just now, JammerHammer21 said:

Because it's an anonymous person posting on the internet with no sources to back up their information. The amount of people that claim to have sources on this and claim to know everything going on in Zach and Courtney Smith's life is freaking staggering. And what a surprise that all these Buckeye fans that know have information that says Courtney is a bad person and just out for money.

So you're implying that this isn't possible? 

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Because they have absolutely no verification to any of their claims, no accountability like a real journalist, and an obvious agenda.

Considering the McMurphy claim that Urban absolutely knew, without having direct evidence, what accountability is there for that statement?  At best he's using conjecture and is true, at worst it's slander/libel.

Also from the other information coming out, there was more than just one side to this story, a side that McMurphy chose not to pursue in his full 3 days of research and only talking to Courtney.  Not saying she's lying, she could very well be 100% telling the truth, but there seems to be no attempt to get the full story, just the single most sensational aspect of it, which obviously McMurphy has an obvious agenda in wanting to get a better job/notoriety.

Why am I even talking to you about this?

In 48 hours you've gone from not knowing this person to assuming she's a "money grubbing whore" because her abuse might lead to your favorite football coach getting fired. You're not actually interested in the truth of the matter, you just want to throw enough crap at the wall to justify Urban Meyer keeping his job. It's a fantasy, and you've found a collection of idiots on reddit and Bucknuts to help fuel it.

Good luck with that. Let us know when you want to re-enter reality.

LOL @ you for implying any of my thoughts are fueled by bias. LOL @ you for suggesting there's not a chance that this is true. Sounds like someone does have bias here but I can assure you it's not me. 

Just now, Raves said:

Considering the McMurphy claim that Urban absolutely knew, without having direct evidence, what accountability is there for that statement?  

His name and contact information. His reputation and career as a journalist. And he actually posted accountable quotes and photos that open him to libel.

I'm implying that it's baseless speculation at this point that's clearly trying to spin Courtney Smith into a villain and protect Urban

I'm not saying it to protect Urban, I'm saying it b/c it could be true..... b/c there is a possibility it is. You know just as much as I do so I don't understand why you're so correct and I'm so wrong. 

Nothing is said about this for years and then all of a sudden, every Buckeye fan knows the Smiths or knows somebody that knows the Smiths, and here's all this information that shows that Courtney Smith is actually a very bad person and is lying for money when the only person that's actually had some sort of concrete info is Brett McMurphy. Everybody else is saying "as somebody that knows the Smiths" or "I know somebody who knows the Smiths well, and they say," and what a surprise that it's all supposed to paint her in a bad light.

1 minute ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Nothing is said about this for years and then all of a sudden, every Buckeye fan knows the Smiths or knows somebody that knows the Smiths, and here's all this information that shows that Courtney Smith is actually a very bad person and is lying for money when the only person that's actually had some sort of concrete info is Brett McMurphy. Everybody else is saying "as somebody that knows the Smiths" or "I know somebody who knows the Smiths well, and they say," and what a surprise that it's all supposed to paint her in a bad light.

So this woman is abused, while pregnant is 2009 but doesn't press charges (as I understand). That is one of the worst things a human being can do to a woman. Literally, one of the worst. No charges though? What does this say to you?

I'm implying that it's baseless speculation at this point that's clearly trying to spin Courtney Smith into a villain and protect Urban

Honestly, if/since she doesn't fall under Title IX the only thing he is actually guilty of, is not telling the media that he knew of a DV accusation from 2015, if in fact he knew.  Moral grandstanding aside in regards to getting rid Smith, that's it.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

His name and contact information. His reputation and career as a journalist. And he actually posted accountable quotes and photos that open him to libel.

Plenty of journalists post false reports and it gets swept under the rug with the next sensational story.  I think he did a poor job on the story in hopes of rushing to report something that it seems no one else was on the trail of.  At a bare minimum, he should've attempted to make contact with Zach Smith, which no where in his story do I remember seeing him saying he tried to do, to see where he stood on the accusations.  Even if it's just a "I can't comment on this at the moment, as there is an ongoing court procedure" he at least he attempted to get both point of views.

If anything really Courtney Smith's going on national media will be prejudicing a potential jury during the court case as it's already been reported in just this one point of view.

*sees text messages from a DV victim to Urban Meyer's wife, including one that says "he doesn't know what to make of it"*

Well that's not enough proof that Urban knew. That's hearsay.

*some random idiot posts that his brother's uncle's cousin's nephew's former roommate that Courtney Smith is the real problem and Urban is really a victim*

"I'M JUST ASKING QUESTIONS. HOW DO WE NOT KNOW THIS IS TRUE?"

2 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

You do realize all this concrete evidence was provided by Smith.  Not to say it's faked, but it doesn't seem like he did anything to corroborate the information/story he was given by Courtney.  No talking to individuals that Courtney said she talked to, nothing.  Just one source, which is bad journalism.

2 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

So this woman is abused, while pregnant is 2009 but doesn't press charges (as I understand). That is one of the worst things a human being can do to a woman. Literally, one of the worst. No charges though? What does this say to you?

It says to me that women are afraid to come forward and press charges on their abusers, which has been happening forever in the United States. You can look up countless articles and studies talking about the issues with domestic violence reporting. Look at decades of abuse by Nassar and the issues going on in Hollywood as a larger example. 

"Why don't they just leave their abusers?"

*sees text messages from a DV victim to Urban Meyer's wife, including one that says "he doesn't know what to make of it"*

Well that's not enough proof that Urban knew. That's hearsay.

*some random idiot posts that his brother's uncle's cousin's nephew's former roommate that Courtney Smith is the real problem and Urban is really a victim*

"I'M JUST ASKING QUESTIONS. HOW DO WE NOT KNOW THIS IS TRUE?"

Now those text messages, were those just screen shots or actual messages?  If those were actual messages did he compare the phone number listed as Shelley as Shelley Meyer's phone number?  If it's just a screen shot, was there a way for him to verify the phone number associated with it, to include requesting the message record from the university if it was made though a university phone.  Did he even interview any of the other coaches/former coaches wives that she supposedly talked to about the abuse?

The information about Courtney Smith also needs to be reviewed, but the fact that Zach Smith's own lawyer is claiming that the police will be testifying on his behalf rather than Courtney's does seem to raise some questions, especially if true.

It says to me that women are afraid to come forward and press charges on their abusers, which has been happening forever in the United States. You can look up countless articles and studies talking about the issues with domestic violence reporting. Look at decades of abuse by Nassar and the issues going on in Hollywood as a larger example. 

"Why don't they just leave their abusers?"

How many police officers were involved w/ Nassar's victims? I literally do not know. How many times were police called to the scene to just have the women say "I'm not pressing charges"? You seem to know more about these cases than I do. Was Nassar arrested and the women said "Don't worry, I'm not pressing charges"?

Archived