Browns trade WR Corey Coleman to the Bills

Texansfan713

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Dumping Tyrod Taylor because you think you can do better is like hitting a 17 in blackjack," Monson says. "You can do better than your hand, but you probably won't."

I'd rather have a chance of winning big and probably losing, than have certain mediocrity. That was the choice with Tyrod. Have a ceiling of 9/10 wins and the early playoffs, or roll the dice and potentially hit a winner

weather you like the pick or not the browns would have been 4 deep him you match him up against any 4 th db and he would be a huge match up problem

go back and look at the ravens game when he lit the ravens

having him at 4 also cuts down on injuries probbably plus gives you depth against injury

2 hours ago, BigMountainGoat said:

I'd rather have a chance of winning big and probably losing, than have certain mediocrity. That was the choice with Tyrod. Have a ceiling of 9/10 wins and the early playoffs, or roll the dice and potentially hit a winner

The idea probably should be to hang on to Taylor until you have a better QB on the roster. It's what I expect the Browns to do.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

If NFL teams really viewed Tyrod as a QBOTF then they’d have traded for him. Cleveland drafted a QB instead of investing in Tyrod long term. Three teams have determined that he isn’t a franchise qb.

Whose the 3rd team.... Bills and Browns obviously but I have no idea who the 3rd is.

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Ravens.

Ravens had Joe Flacco, he's not the best QB in the world but in 2015 when Tyrod left he was only a backup up to that point so I wouldn't count them. 

1 hour ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Tyrod is good for what the Browns are trying to do this year, groom their newly drafted QB behind him for a year. You don't want to throw your new guy in right away, let him learn and take over next year.

Yeah and that’s fine, but that’s all he is. A one year stop gap. After a year his play and limitations start to get old.

41 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Ravens had Joe Flacco, he's not the best QB in the world but in 2015 when Tyrod left he was only a backup up to that point so I wouldn't count them. 

No but I don't think you can technically count the Browns either it hasn't even began to play out yet. Those were his three though.

22 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Why can’t you? They obviously don’t see him as a part of their future in a starting capacity

We'll see how it plays out but I agree they are not tied to Tyrod long term.

3 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

If NFL teams really viewed Tyrod as a QBOTF then they’d have traded for him. Cleveland drafted a QB instead of investing in Tyrod long term. Three teams have determined that he isn’t a franchise qb.

Nobody is saying he is. The point that some are trying to make is that he is also not some cave troll of a QB who is garbage at his position like most Bills fans make him to be.

Tyrod is a average starter and/or elite backup in the NFL. The hard part is trying to find out exactly what side he fits on when it comes to payday next year.

6 hours ago, BigMountainGoat said:

Question for you (that I’ll open with a statement): Obviously the Bills didn’t know how the draft and FA market would go when it was decided that Taylor wouldn’t be returning. And you can definitely say with relative certainty that the decision was made before the season even ended that he wasn’t going to be the team’s QB in 2018. But the Bills ended up being in position to draft Josh Allen (and Josh Rosen FWIW) who they likely believe to be the franchise QB of the future. 

So with all of that on the table, why not retain the QB that helped you to your playoff berth and then draft Josh Allen anyway? Most believe Taylor to be better than McCarron. Would he be a mentor in Buffalo? Not sure, I don’t know how/if he’s helping Baker out too much. But the team would largely be returning (sans Brown, Glenn, Matthews, and Gaines) so you could conceivably remain at least competitive while grooming Allen anyway. Not that another playoff berth is expected per se, but he’d give a better chance than McCarron IMO. 

I realize I’m using hindsight because they didn’t know they’d get Josh Allen. But the Bills had the ammunition to get higher in the draft for a guy if they needed to, and it’s a reasonable opinion IYAM that they would have if they thought they weren’t getting one of the top 4 QBs.

TLDR; They could’ve had Taylor and Allen. Instead they have McCarron and Allen. Why not prefer keeping the playoff guy instead of downgrading, if that had little bearing on whether or not you ended up with Josh Allen?

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Question for you (that I’ll open with a statement): Obviously the Bills didn’t know how the draft and FA market would go when it was decided that Taylor wouldn’t be returning. And you can definitely say with relative certainty that the decision was made before the season even ended that he wasn’t going to be the team’s QB in 2018. But the Bills ended up being in position to draft Josh Allen (and Josh Rosen FWIW) who they likely believe to be the franchise QB of the future. 

So with all of that on the table, why not retain the QB that helped you to your playoff berth and then draft Josh Allen anyway? Most believe Taylor to be better than McCarron. Would he be a mentor in Buffalo? Not sure, I don’t know how/if he’s helping Baker out too much. But the team would largely be returning (sans Brown, Glenn, Matthews, and Gaines) so you could conceivably remain at least competitive while grooming Allen anyway. Not that another playoff berth is expected per se, but he’d give a better chance than McCarron IMO, 

I realize I’m using hindsight because they didn’t know they’d get Josh Allen. But the Bills has the ammunition to get higher in the draft for a guy if they needed to, and it’s a reasonable opinion IYAM that they would have if they thought they weren’t getting one of the top 4 QBs.

TLDR; They could’ve had Taylor and Allen. Instead they have McCarron and Allen. Why not prefer keeping the playoff guy instead of downgrading, if that had little bearing on whether or not you ended up with Josh Allen?

$$$.

Archived