Preseason WEEK 1, GDT vs Tennessee

squire12

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

Comparing Kumerow to Edelman is like comparing Percy harvin to Marvin Harrison. They're nothing alike other than one genetic factor.

You missed the sarcasm in my post...

Its not too far a stretch or the imagination to consider that Cobb will have some downtime during the season - and - our #1 Adams has had recurring issues with concussions and ankle injuries. Get a rookie or two on the field.........I think we'll be pleased with the results.

Just now, Leader said:

Its not too far a stretch or the imagination to consider that Cobb will have some downtime during the season - and - our #1 Adams has had recurring issues with concussions and ankle injuries. Get a rookie or two on the field.........I think we'll be pleased with the results.

Would you think that we rested Adams for a game here and there? Same with Cobb? It'd make sense over the last three games of the season and, with Adams at least, against the Dolphins in Week 11.

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Would you think that we rested Adams for a game here and there? Same with Cobb? It'd make sense over the last three games of the season and, with Adams at least, against the Dolphins in Week 11.

?? No. I'm not worried about players getting tired. Just thinking the real possibility we could lose some time with either of these guys.

Take Cobb out and replace him with a 6'5 guy with 4.4 speed LOL

Just now, Leader said:

?? No. I'm not worried about players getting tired. Just thinking the real possibility we could lose some time with either of these guys.

Well yes. Lemme rephrase. Should we rest players to avoid potential injury against lesser opponents?

Honestly, when I think of Kumerow, here's who I think of

Jordy Nelson

Julian Edelman

Eric Decker

Wes Welker

Brian Hartline

Riley Cooper

Cole Beasley

Danny Amendola

Dane Sanzenbacher

Griff Whalen

Brandon Stokely

Kevin Walter

Austin Colley

Greg Camarillo

Matt Jones

Mike Furrey

Joe Jurevicius

Ricky Proehl

Wayne Chrebet

Kevin Walter

Anthony Gonzalez

Jordan Shipley

Blair White

Michael Campanaro

Ryan Whalen

Adam Humphries

Jeff Maehl

Brett Swain

Jeff Janis

Jeremy Ebert

Tim Dwight

Chris Hogan

Brenton Bersin

Jared Abbrederis

Adam Thielen

Greg Salas

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Jordy Nelson

Julian Edelman

Eric Decker

Wes Welker

Brian Hartline

Riley Cooper

Cole Beasley

Danny Amendola

Dane Sanzenbacher

Griff Whalen

Brandon Stokely

Kevin Walter

Austin Colley

Greg Camarillo

Matt Jones

Mike Furrey

Joe Jurevicius

Ricky Proehl

Wayne Chrebet

Kevin Walter

Anthony Gonzalez

Jordan Shipley

Blair White

Michael Campanaro

Ryan Whalen

Adam Humphries

Jeff Maehl

Brett Swain

Jeff Janis

Jeremy Ebert

Tim Dwight

Chris Hogan

Brenton Bersin

Jared Abbrederis

Adam Thielen

Greg Salas

Quite a list:

Found a song about Greg Camarillo...

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

Jordy Nelson

Julian Edelman

Eric Decker

Wes Welker

Brian Hartline

Riley Cooper

Cole Beasley

Danny Amendola

Dane Sanzenbacher

Griff Whalen

Brandon Stokely

Kevin Walter

Austin Colley

Greg Camarillo

Matt Jones

Mike Furrey

Joe Jurevicius

Ricky Proehl

Wayne Chrebet

Kevin Walter

Anthony Gonzalez

Jordan Shipley

Blair White

Michael Campanaro

Ryan Whalen

Adam Humphries

Jeff Maehl

Brett Swain

Jeff Janis

Jeremy Ebert

Tim Dwight

Chris Hogan

Brenton Bersin

Jared Abbrederis

Adam Thielen

Greg Salas

That's quite a scrappy gym rat census

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Great analysis of Warner. "What if" games are fun to play. This partly a speculation blog, right? Why not play? Your personal mock roster is just speculation (unless you're really Gute in disguise!). My point was that QBs are more valuable than WRs (an assumption we could argue). And if that assumption is true, A QB that has the potential to develop into a starter is more valuable to protect than a WR who has the potential to develop into a starter. With rookies it's all about potential, because by definition they have no production at the pro level at this point in the season. Last year the Packers drafted 3 running backs and hit on two. 66.6% success rate is pretty good! This year they drafted 3 WRs. If they hit on 2 of the 3, I would very be happy with that again! However, after 3 more preseason games, if the 3 rookie WRs show more potential than Boyle, I would have no problem trying to stash Boyle on the PS (I doubt it would work though, because someone will grab him if he shows any potential) and keeping all three WR rookies. 

What was your rationale for keeping Kumerow over Bell?

Actually I'm really Eliot Wolf in disguise (D*** B******, Gute stole MY JOB!) .

Talented Starting QBs are more valuable than WRs... but are bench warming 3rd string QBs?  After all back-up WRs get into the game a lot more often than back-up QBs.

Your making a lot of assumptions on top of each other, and it just doesn't seem to be fitting right, and I don't even know which assumption to start at... but no you can't compare QBs to WRs in an apples to apples fashion, because there are 2 to 4 WRs on the field at the same time, while only 1 QB. Also WRs can help on STs, which I haven't seen QBs do much of. QBs have more trade value, but when they're back-ups normally they have less win now value... and we're talking about 3rd stringers not starters, or back-ups. And WRs need a QB throwing to them to show their potential (at least to fans, teams have better/more game film) where as QBs don't need WRs to show their potential. And you're judging this years rookie WRs based on last years rookies RB... that's clearly a small sample of only 1 that you're clearly biasedly basing something on to make your case look better... one of the RBs struggled, doesn't mean one of the WRs will.

Based on the logic you used, every team should keep 4 or 5 QBs, just because the starter has more value and in case some might develop just like some of the RBs last year developed.

But what if I really am Eliot Wolf?

37 minutes ago, craig said:

The Patriots did bring Kumerow in last year.  He was on their practice squad.  Not sure if he was ever healthy, beats me.  Packers picked him up late season after Patriots cut him.  

Interesting thing is they released Kumerow, when the Patriots claimed some TE named Martellus.

So it was sorta like a trade or a swap.

Archived