Preseason WEEK 1, GDT vs Tennessee

squire12

7 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

For real. 

The only conclusion I've come to so far is IF these rookies continue to develop then Cobb is as good as gone (he probably was anyway). 

Based on the limited exposure so far... I'd guess 2019 will start with Adams/Moore outside and St. Brown in the slot. 

If MVS can continue to develop (and hopefully add a few lbs to that frame) he has the chance to be a helluva #4, if not more. 

Cobb probably isn't back next year unless the rookie WRs flame out hard.

31 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Moore isn't getting cut or being sent to the PS, and he's not behind St. Brown and MVS based on 1 preseason game. 

What is wrong with you people? 

He's plenty fast, and he's unquestionably faster than Kumerow. 

He also had the 2nd best size adjusted agility of any WR in the 2018 draft class AND it shows. 

I couldn't see **** on the ****ty bar TV but the first two "drops" both looked like a defender hand was in there on the ball. He was getting open enough to get balls thrown that way. I didn't see the one that is supposed to be pretty bad or whatever though.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

I didn't see the one that is supposed to be pretty bad or whatever though.

Nothing much to see - easy to visualize:
Jmo had a step+ on his man going down the right sideline - somebody (who was it Boyle?) hit him in stride 35-40yds downfield - and it clanked off his hands uncontested. If caught cleanly probably would have been a TD.....a race to the EZ at least.

Kinda like.....you remember that playoff game in Philly years back when JJ had his man beat down that same right sideline aaaaannnnnnnnndddddd........CLANK.

It was very much the same thing. Exact same result.

Chalk it to nerves - or he was suddenly and unexpectedly possessed by the spirit of Jeff Janis.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Nothing much to see - easy to visualize:
Jmo had a step+ on his man going down the right sideline - somebody (who was it Boyle?) hit him in stride 35-40yds downfield - and it clanked off his hands uncontested. If caught cleanly probably would have been a TD.....a race to the EZ at least.

Kinda like.....you remember that playoff game in Philly years back when JJ had his man beat down that same right sideline aaaaannnnnnnnndddddd........CLANK.

It was very much the same thing. Exact same result.

Chalk it to nerves - or he was suddenly and unexpectedly possessed by the spirit of Jeff Janis.

Okay man, Jmo and Gmo is going to confuse the hell outta me!

21 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Cobb probably isn't back next year unless the rookie WRs flame out hard.

I'm half expecting Cobb to end up on IR this season. As much as it pains me to say it, I wish we just cut him and save some cap dollar

2 hours ago, craig said:

I hadn't realized that!  That's really funny.  Or at least it will be if Kumerow makes the team and becomes a productive contributor.  

I didn't either until I looked it up and saw an article on it. I just looked up the Patriots transaction's link for last year, but basically they claimed Martellus, which kicked Grissom down to the PS (via Fabiano (who lasted all of two days)) and that kicked Kumerow off their PS. Also Ricky Jean Francois too in that same period.

https://www.patriots.com/team/transactions/2017

• 11/07 : Signed veteran DL Ricky Jean Francois. Placed LB Dont'a Hightower on injured reserve and re-signed DL Mike Purcell to the practice squad.
  • 11/09 : Claimed TE Martellus Bennett off waivers from Green Bay; Released DL Geneo Grissom; Signed OL Anthony Fabiano to the practice squad and released WR Jake Kumerow from the practice squad.
  • 11/11 : Signed DL Geneo Grissom to the practice squad; Released OL Anthony Fabiano from the practice squad.

Guys it's easy

Tmo = Trevor Davis

Delo = DeAngelo Yancey

Kumo = Jake Kumerow

Jmo = J'Mon Moore

Emo = Equanimeous St. Brown

MVS = Marquez Valdes-Scantling

Jmo = J'Mon Moore

Gmo = Geronimo Allison

Cmo = Randall Cobb

Adams :P = Davante Adams

9 minutes ago, Beast said: