FF Devy League Discussion Thread

IDOG_det

23 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

Good looks. Thought we were using the actual website.

Also this is my first time doing a devy league, so if someone can give me a quick rundown of the player pool and what "4 man devy rosters" means that would be great.

Cliff's notes version: we draft 4 college players, and we get to keep them on our devy roster (apart from our 20 man roster) until we drop them or they enter the nfl, at which point they belong to us, as long as we drop someone to make room. 

Someone can correct me if that's wrong, but that's how I understand it. 

Just now, BigBillsFan13 said:

Cliff's notes version: we draft 4 college players, and we get to keep them on our devy roster (apart from our 20 man roster) until we drop them or they enter the nfl, at which point they belong to us, as long as we drop someone to make room. 

Someone can correct me if that's wrong, but that's how I understand it. 

And can those four guys be taken at any point in the draft, or are they in a separate four round draft?

7 minutes ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

Wasn't planning on RB/RB, especially in ppr, but I'll gladly take these two. Plus the dropoff at RB when my next picks come up is greater than the WR dropoff. 

Yeah, I may have gone early on Fournette, but he's going to be too good for too long, and there's no chance he'd have made it to my next pick.

You got two great PPR backs as well. Freeman was going to be my next pick.

2 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

Yeah, I may have gone early on Fournette, but he's going to be too good for too long, and there's no chance he'd have made it to my next pick.

You got two great PPR backs as well. Freeman was going to be my next pick.

I didn't expect both to get to my pick, due to both being good ppr RB. I was hoping to get one, then take a WR, but I couldn't pass on them. 

Fournette is going to be a beast. When it was getting closer to my pick I was looking at McCoy, Freeman, M. Gordon, and then Fournette. I expected the first 3 to be gone, and I was debating between Fournette and Howard, and then which WR I wanted. Maybe a little early, but it's a solid pick for sure. 

Just now, devils1854 said:

These last 4 picks are killing me. Going WR/WR is not something I want, but it looks probable.

That's why I went with Le'Veon Bell at the start. Almost every startup draft I've seen so far has most of the RB's gone after the turn in the 2nd round.

2 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

That's why I went with Le'Veon Bell at the start. Almost every startup draft I've seen so far has most of the RB's gone after the turn in the 2nd round.

Yeah. RB has no depth either. WR can easily go 25-30 guys that you can somewhat be confident in.

Ive got 3 receivers here that I would take over the top RB, and Im probably higher on that RB than anyone else in this league.

.....more thinking about it, Im locked in on one guy. Mission will probably end up taking him, but thats how it goes.