Spoilers**** Avengers 4 rumored plot DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW

Manny/Patrick

On 8/10/2018 at 11:35 AM, Outpost31 said:

Man, if Captain America dies, that is going to be one sad, sad, sad movie.  It's gotta be true, too.  Captain America is not the type to just retire, and I doubt Chris Evans wants to keep doing this forever, but I'd love to see Steve just kinda ride off into the sunset and not die.  He's easily my favorite Avenger. 

Highly skeptical of any/all of this being true. 

I think he will die because Evans isn't under contract for any more movies, whereas Sebastian Stan is. That might set up something where the MCU does something like the comics, where Bucky becomes the new Captain America.

On 8/18/2018 at 12:12 PM, AlNFL19 said:

I think he will die because Evans isn't under contract for any more movies, whereas Sebastian Stan is. That might set up something where the MCU does something like the comics, where Bucky becomes the new Captain America.

Bucky or Sam Wilson. That could be an entire movie, those two "competing" for the role.

re: Avengers 4... I'd like it. Not what I fully had in mind, but I'd like it.

On 8/9/2018 at 10:58 PM, Manny/Patrick said:

There's a pivotal scene between Doctor Strange and a fully CGI character being shot on a secret location, with a skeleton crew, and which takes up a sizeable portion of the budget.

*crosses fingers*

Galactus/Silver Surfer

Only two of the original Avengers (Cap, Stark, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Widow) meant to survive the movie. Cap dies.

I'm thinking Thor and Hawkeye. Tony dies, but I can see a scenario where he creates a JARVIS like VI/AI voiced by RDJ.

Hulk's subplot centers on Banner and Hulk finally merging to become Professor Hulk. He is the one that ultimately wields the Stark Gauntlet against Thanos, losing his arm in the process.

Nat dying would be the perfect instrument for this - would give Hulk a reason to get into the fight alongside ending the Banner/Nat love arc (which was never going to have a happy ending). 

Hulk hitting the scene will be the Thor/Rocket/Groot arrive at Wakanda scene of this movie - people will literally go WILD when this happens.

While I like the direction, I'm interested to see/hear what's going on inside the Soul Stone. I can't help but to think that's got to be a significant portion of the story - the dusted characters (including Hank Pym, Hope and Janet Van Dyne) fighting whatever gets stuck in there during the events of Captain Marvel (gut instinct that the Soul Stone is a big component of that movie). 

I think this part of the movie needs to be the Star Lord redemption portion of the movie. You can't let this entire 10+ year arc end with Chris Pratt going down as such a doofus.

6 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Dormannu

Why the secrecy behind it? Dormammu was a footnote in the MCU at most. If they're filming in a secret location with a skeleton crew and dumping their budget on it, it's got to be for someone BIG...

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Why the secrecy behind it? Dormammu was a footnote in the MCU at most. If they're filming in a secret location with a skeleton crew and dumping their budget on it, it's got to be for someone BIG...

Dormammu is someone big...

18 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Dormammu is someone big...

By comic standards, yes. By MCU standards - he's got about 15 minutes of screen time. Kaicelius was the bigger villain in that movie. You wouldn't have to go all cloak and dagger with a Dormammu reveal...

No matter what standard you choose to follow, SS/Galactus would be a bigger add. 

27 minutes ago, ET80 said:

By comic standards, yes. By MCU standards - he's got about 15 minutes of screen time. Kaicelius was the bigger villain in that movie. You wouldn't have to go all cloak and dagger with a Dormammu reveal...

No matter what standard you choose to follow, SS/Galactus would be a bigger add. 

Well they're nothing in the MCU, so they're smaller by that MCU standard you just mentioned.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Well they're nothing in the MCU, so they're smaller by that MCU standard you just mentioned.

But even the most casual MCU observer knows who they are, don't try to deny that. Galactus/SS would be the biggest shocker add since Spiderman in Civil War.

Quit being obtuse.

Archived