EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

Just now, PAW said:

Very questionable first lineup by Sarri. Understand weird preseason, but this lineup sucks. 

What would you change? Hazard isn't ready yet and Fabregas is injured. I guess you could argue for RLC playing over Barkley and Christensen over Luiz but I don't see a huge problem with the lineup he went with today given the circumstances. 

1 minute ago, Imarobot said:

What would you change? Hazard isn't ready yet and Fabregas is injured. I guess you could argue for RLC playing over Barkley and Christensen over Luiz but I don't see a huge problem with the lineup he went with today given the circumstances. 

Barkley was awful the entire preseason. RLC over him for sure. CHO was the second best player in preseason and doesn’t even feature in the lineup. Would’ve started him over Willian regardless of the assist he just got. Christensen over Luiz. This lineup has no creativity whatsoever. 

4 minutes ago, PAW said:

Barkley was awful the entire preseason. RLC over him for sure. CHO was the second best player in preseason and doesn’t even feature in the lineup. Would’ve started him over Willian regardless of the assist he just got. Christensen over Luiz. This lineup has no creativity whatsoever. 

I'd say Willian has been quite good so far. Wasteful like usual sure, but he still looks dangerous and is creating space for others. I also get why Pedro is in over CHO and its for his defensive work rate. Azpi has been pushing up into the midfield area a lot and Pedro has been running up and down the flank. Im not sure Sarri trust a teenage CHO with that job. That's why Moses is on the bench over him as well I assume.

RLC and Christensen I could probably agree with. 

Edited by Imarobot

Just now, PAW said:

And of course Barkley with a great touch right after I post that. 

That run of play was also a perfect example of why Pedro is in there. The guy basically sprinted the whole length of the pitch on that overlapping run. I think he's going to do super well under Sarri.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Imarobot said:

That run of play was also a perfect example of why Pedro is in there. The guy basically sprinted the whole length of the pitch on that overlapping run. I think he's going to do super well under Sarri.

I like Pedro. Don’t think CHO should’ve started over him, especially considering he only played on the left in preseason and Pedro was productive on the right. Just think it sends an extremely bad message to be very impressive in all but one preseason game (which no one looked good in-Man City) and not get a chance vs a weak team. Especially when he is already debating signing a new contract due to seeing for the last decade how Chelsea handle youth talent. 

What the heck is with the cautiousness with our defense? Very conservative with the ball. Play to feet. The spaces are there to pass out the back but Kepa seems to lump it long and not even try to give us a chance. Poor 45 mins. We were better last week in the first half and we were down 1-0

11 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I would’ve started RLC and Christensen, otherwise I don’t have an issue with that lineup. 

I probably agree but I think I get why he went with Luiz. Even though he's prone to get caught ball watching and make mistakes, Luiz is certainly our best defender on the ball and Sarri is trying to get is to play more out of the back. Christensen is a great defender but has been a little shaky at times when he passes out of the back. I'd like to see him given the chance because he's young and he can learn from the mistakes he made but I do understand why Sarri wants to try Luiz.

Edit: To that point, Luiz has looked pretty good so far. He's making some really dangerous passes and seems to be directing a lot of the movement and passes out of the back. It seems to me that he's grasping the system pretty quickly and that's why Sarri chose him. 

Edited by Imarobot