Who Would You Rather Have Going Forward: Jamal Murray or Dennis Smith Jr.?

the lone star

Who Would You Rather Have Going Forward: Jamal Murray or Dennis Smith Jr.?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Rather Have Going Forward: Jamal Murray or Dennis Smith Jr.?

• Jamal Murray
    • Dennis Smith Jr.

It's a really tough choice between the two because I LOVE that Murray can shoot, but I like that DSJ is more athletic, the better playmaker, and maybe even the better ball handler. 

They were both born in 97, but DSJ is slightly younger, but more importantly, DSJ has more room to improve due to him having only played one year. He got more burn as a starter his rookie year than Murray did, so I like that as well. I just feel like there is more potential with DSJ.

But I can't sleep on Murray at all. I really like him and this was pretty close despite all of the stuff I just said.

5 hours ago, the lone star said:

Yeah, if he improves again, then it won't even be a contest.

Age 20....38% from 3 on over 5 attempts, 16.7 ppg, 45% from the field and 90% from the line. This in his first season playing PG at the NBA level. I think he could blow up this year.

That's really the key to the Nuggets rebuild. How good Murray gets kind of determines if they are an okay playoff team or like a legitimate top 4 seed contender type. Still a poor defender, but the effort is there. He just gets destroyed on screens. 

Moving forward I'll take DSJ. That is unless Murray improves again though. I just feel DSJ is going to just get better and be a 25 and 7 type guy, and a better defender (although I don't know how much this is saying).

Give me Frankie Smokes over both B| /sarcasm

• 4 weeks later...

Archived