What team do you think would trade for Teddy Bridgewater?

DoleINGout

17 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

They aren’t interested.

They didn’t like Teddy coming out of college apparently and why would they have interest now after a significant knee injury?

He hasn’t thrown for a TD since week 16 in 2015.

You have a new coaching staff. For a 3rd or 4th Round Pick you get someone who can possibly be better than Bortles and still has Top 10 QB Potential. Plus you guys are a Super Bowl contender with no insurance behind Bortles. Very dangerous. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Jags should trade for him, he won't cost anymore than a 3rd round pick. If Bortles struggles, you have Teddy. Bridgewater has more potential than Bortles IMO, I was a big fan of Carr, Teddy, and Jimmy G in that draft class and thought Bortles was the 4th best prospect. To be honest Teddy was my favorite QB prospect, slightly more than Carr. Very slightly, about a tie.

IF a GM is willing to give up a 3rd round pick for Bridgewater, they need to be fired on the spot.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

IF a GM is willing to give up a 3rd round pick for Bridgewater, they need to be fired on the spot.

No one is suggesting that high of a pick but the risk of a mid 5-7 rounder for him. A QB that can actually pass. I am afraid to admit I was high on him in the draft but bortles failed me.

1 minute ago, Gannon12 said:

No one is suggesting that high of a pick but the risk of a mid 5-7 rounder for him. A QB that can actually pass. I am afraid to admit I was high on him in the draft but bortles failed me.

Hell, I think the most I'd offer is a 5th round pick and that's only if my franchise QB went down with injury.  He's thrown 23 passes and we're talking about giving up a semi-valuable pick for him?  Crazy talk.

3 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

The starting material on the jags is beyond questionable. Bortles is leaning more to the Tebow scale of QB’s not good if you want to be a super bowl contender 

That may be true but you dont "fix" that by trading away draft picks for a QB who showed very little during his starting years and is now 2 years removed from the league due to severe injury.

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

That may be true but you dont "fix" that by trading away draft picks for a QB who showed very little during his starting years and is now 2 years removed from the league due to severe injury.

I understand that but a team on the brink with a defunct QB vs a special teamer at best if he makes the cut pick. It’s a crapshoot I know but the QB situation is sad in Jacksonville. Not saying he will light it up just saying he needs a chance and for a conditional 6-7 maybe it’s worth the risk.

Just now, Gannon12 said:

I understand that but a team on the brink with a defunct QB vs a special teamer at best if he makes the cut pick. It’s a crapshoot I know but the QB situation is sad in Jacksonville. Not saying he will light it up just saying he needs a chance and for a conditional 6-7 maybe it’s worth the risk.

I get where you're coming from but the gap between Bortles and Teddy is very minimal at this point. Even if Teddy has more upside, talent wise, he don't have comrade with the system and teammates that Bortles has.

7 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

I get that. Personally I think the Giants would be the best place for teddy. I just feel bad for jaguar fans they got all the pieces but a QB to make that leap.

I hear ya on the Jaguars. I would like to see them do well too. Everyone loves the underdog. And I too, am in the group who think Bortles play last season was a fluke and also feel like the QB position is the only thing keeping them back from taking that step. But Teddy isn't the answer. 

The Giants? Eh...as a back-up I think would be a decent fit but not as a starter. We seen last season what happened when Eli was benched and how disruptive that turned out. 

1 minute ago, Gannon12 said:

If the Giants are really contending? I don’t know??? They always surprise me out of nowhere. Eli and his team could be crap one season then go to the super bowl the next. It’s the wild card team

Haha. You're not wrong about that brother. That goes for entire NFC East division. That division is always a roll of dice.

But to relay the subject.... I get it out of the league for awhile recovering from a a serious knee injury. He still has the tools it’s just the risk involved I think for a 6-7 rounder maybe can be a mutual trade. He has the tools can he stay healthy??? I don’t know??? Let him work out with the chargers and we will see if his knee is ok. Hahaha. It’s a risk but might be worth it. 

Thank you for the talk!

Archived