What team do you think would trade for Teddy Bridgewater?

DoleINGout

57 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Funny he was probably pretty good in 2015 when Bortles was throwing the ball all over the place while going over 1K.  

Yeah, and he got injury prone/regressed, does that not happen to players or?

So the Jaguars had the ability to get out of Bortles' contract and had no backup, but instead chose to sign Bortles long term and traded for Cody Kessler.

What exactly has changed that now makes a player they didn't even target in Free Agency worth a 3rd round pick?

After reading this thread, starting to wonder why the Jags are considered super bowl contenders. Sounds like they don’t have much around Bortles. And Bortles is average at best. Will that defense overcome all these shortfalls on offense?

Just now, SDotNova said:

After reading this thread, starting to wonder why the Jags are considered super bowl contenders. Sounds like they don’t have much around Bortles. And Bortles is average at best. Will that defense overcome all these shortfalls on offense?

They almost did last year. It's an elite defense. And sometimes elite defenses win SB's with slightly below average offenses. Although we haven't seen a QB of Bortles caliber win the SB since 2002. Not that Bortles is worse than Brad Johnson, Bortles is slightly better. But game managers winning the SB is very rare. You need a Top 15 Defense of all time basically. 

38 minutes ago, pwny said:

So the Jaguars had the ability to get out of Bortles' contract and had no backup, but instead chose to sign Bortles long term and traded for Cody Kessler.

What exactly has changed that now makes a player they didn't even target in Free Agency worth a 3rd round pick?

Do we know the teams that targeted Teddy? There were a handful per Shefter but I didn’t see specific teams being reported back in Feb/Mar. 

Your points are all solid though. He hasn’t been materially different during the preseason. 

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Marqise led the league in drops. He is talented but he had some serious issues last year and has most of his career.

Cole was definitely solid last year, but he had his share of rookie mistakes and took sometime to catch on. Started to break out more at the end of the year.

I would hope we'd have some level of talent, I'm just saying it was definitely lacking which usually isn't a recipe for success when you are having your QB be a game manager. Hard to rely on the guys you mentioned and guys I mentioned to make plays themselves.

i dont know if the drops stat is consistent across the board but once place i saw said he led with 8. Julio Jones was tied for 2nd with 7... guys sucks. Lee was easily a positive contrition last year. Bortles is ok, pretty good maybe.. again, stop tryingf to bring others down to try and prop him up. He had plenty of playmakers. 

11 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i dont know if the drops stat is consistent across the board but once place i saw said he led with 8. Julio Jones was tied for 2nd with 7... guys sucks. Lee was easily a positive contrition last year. Bortles is ok, pretty good maybe.. again, stop tryingf to bring others down to try and prop him up. He had plenty of playmakers. 

Plenty of playmakers? Comparing Lee who has done little in the NFL to a proven elite playmaking WR?

No, just no. If you like Marqise fine, but he was not good last year. Cole showed a ton to be excited about but he was a UDFA and didn't start to become a legit part of the offense until pretty much after the bye week. Even then, he didn't start to continuously put games together until the final 4-5 weeks of the season.

Hurns and ARob were both hurt/didn't do much. Marcedes showed up more in the redzone after several years of being pretty much a non factor in the passing game. Dede Westbrook was a rookie who missed most of training camp because of an injury and didn't come back until midseason, and as a rookie was obviously way behind.

The supporting cast wasn't good. If you want to go solely by name recognition and annoint Lee go ahead but he was not good and most of us wanted us to let him walk in FA and let someone else pay him what we did. He's a decent player who can make plays, but that group from last year being headed by Lee/Cole/Dede/Marcedes isn't "good" by any standards. At best it was average, but 1/2 of those didn't even become a thing until week 9/10, and both were rookies taking their lumps.

7 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Julio was also targeted 54 more times than Lee. That would probably be another 5 drops for Lee within that span.

And he had plenty of playmakers?

Marqise Lee/Allen Hurns/Keelan Cole/ Dede Westbrook/Jaydon Mickens

Marcedes Lewis/Ben Koyack/James O’Shaughnessy

He was throwing to one slightly above average WR, a receiver that was always banged up and slow, 3 rookie WR’s and 3 bums at the TE position.

playmakers I tell ya.

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Julio was also targeted 54 more times than Lee. That would probably be another 5 drops for Lee within that span.

And he had plenty of playmakers?

Marqise Lee/Allen Hurns/Keelan Cole/ Dede Westbrook/Jaydon Mickens

Marcedes Lewis/Ben Koyack/James O’Shaughnessy

He was throwing to one slightly above average WR, a receiver that was always banged up and slow, 3 rookie WR’s and 3 bums at the TE position.

playmakers I tell ya.

again, doesnt matter where youre drafted or what year youre in. if youre producing then youre producing.

the te group is crap but thats a good wr corp, plus a well above average rb group. playmakers one might say. 

13 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

again, doesnt matter where youre drafted or what year youre in. if youre producing then youre producing.

the te group is crap but thats a good wr corp, plus a well above average rb group. playmakers one might say. 

You have a loose definition on playmakers if you put the Yeldon of last year, Allen Hurns who was hurt/hobbling all year, Mickens who was picked up after being cut and on the roster bubble this year, Marqise Lee who led the league in drops, and two rookies as a rock solid core of playmakers.

Fournette is/was a beast, but his production took a hit after an ankle injury midseason. The two best WRs last year didn't play a big role/were hurt until past midseason. 

Sorry, but unless our definition of playmakers is wildly different (I'm starting to think it is, because if that list above is a good group of playmakers a good 1/2 of the league or more is sitting mighty pretty) then idk how you are coming to this conclusion.

Archived