Preseason, Week 2: Jaguars (0-1) at Vikings (1-0)

gopherwrestler

Just now, Klomp said:

I would STRONGLY consider keeping all of them. I know it seems excessive, but I at least consider it. Pass rushers are important in today's NFL.

Going to be some tough DL decisions. Do they keep a true backup nose? Parry has looked pretty good. That puts you at five interior guys (assuming you keep the Ohio State kid Holmes)

can you reasonably keep five or six DEs then? Probably not. 

Just to further add to the craziness of these officials today, the line judge from the side away from where the ball could be seen just called the touchdown and the judge ball side signaled nothing. ?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Going to be some tough DL decisions. Do they keep a true backup nose? Parry has looked pretty good. That puts you at five interior guys (assuming you keep the Ohio State kid Holmes)

Except for the starter, I’m not sure you can justify a roster spot to a nose tackle only type player. 

2 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Crap, forgot about Holmes....

Still, I'd keep all those other guys ahead of him. I'm happy to say I was wrong about our depth DE pieces. I like what we have.

Just now, RpMc said:

Just to further add to the craziness of these officials today, the line judge from the side away from where the ball could be seen just called the touchdown and the judge ball side signaled nothing. ?‍♂️

That always happens, nothing to see there

Just now, SemperFeist said:

Except for the starter, I’m not sure you can justify a roster spot to a nose tackle only type player. 

I would tend to agree with you there, just positing the scenario. 

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Yeah, though not ideal, Jaleel has enough nose flexibility that I don't think we need a true nose reserve.

1 minute ago, Snake Plissken said:

I think we probably need to keep 5 DTs and 5 DEs. 

Just call Odenigbo and Holmes DTs.

DE: Griffen, Hunter, Robison, Bower, Weatherly
DT: Richardson, Joseph, Johnson, Odenigbo, Holmes

Archived