Preseason WK3: Broncos @ Redskins

turtle28

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

There are worse things in life.

Cooley had a good career here though

Exactly, and the comparison was in regards to football. Which, I believe is what we are supposed to be talking about on this site. Correct?

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They have a real shot IMO.

Yeah, even though I made that post as a joke, I believe they are the front runners in the NFC.

As much as I don’t want to see Kirk win a super bowl for another team, a small part of me wants to see him win one so he can rub it in Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen’s faces!

I also have a great aunt, an aunt, an uncle and some cousins who like the Vikings and I’d be happy for them. 

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

the defense has been awful except for JHC. JHC looks like the only defender that knew there is a game today. He definitely looks like our 3rd best ILB & dime LB.

I guess I agree with the last part, but mostly just by default (because the only other guy out there today challenging for that role is the upright sarcophagus containing Zach Vigil). Haven’t really been impressed by JHC, at least not as anything other than the dime LB. He looks good in space, as always, but he’s getting washed out against the run pretty much every time.

Obviously you keep him and carve out a role on ST and in sub-packages, but to me he looks to have a ways to go before he can be viewed as a major contributor in the base defense.    

Just now, turtle28 said:

Yeah, even though I made that post as a joke, I believe they are the front runners in the NFC.

As much as I don’t want to see Kirk win a super bowl for another team, a small part of me wants to see him win one so he can rub it in Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen’s faces!

YUP!

Just now, e16bball said:

I guess I agree with the last part, but mostly just by default (because the only other guy out there today challenging for that role is the upright sarcophagus containing Zach Vigil). Haven’t really been impressed by JHC, at least not as anything other than the dime LB. He looks good in space, as always, but he’s getting washed out against the run pretty much every time.

Obviously you keep him and carve out a role on ST and in sub-packages, but to me he looks to have a ways to go before he can be viewed as a major contributor in the base defense.    

Yeah, I agree with that 100%. He’s not gods vs the run and may never be but he’s good in coverage and especially on special teams.

And watching the backup OL try (pathetically) to protect McCoy, I think you have your answer as to why Smith got the hook earlier than we would have liked. 

They really have to do something to shore up at least one of the C/G backup spots. Everyone we have behind the starters is an “emergency” guy at best. 

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

(because the only other guy out there today challenging for that role is the upright sarcophagus containing Zach Vigil)

So, I take it you were not a fan of the fact that Vigil got the start today?

Just now, e16bball said:

And watching the backup OL try (pathetically) to protect McCoy, I think you have your answer as to why Smith got the hook earlier than we would have liked. 

They really have to do something to shore up at least one of the C/G backup spots. Everyone we have behind the starters is an “emergency” guy at best. 

I pray a serviceable guard becomes available on the waiver wire. Either that or they have to make Nsekhe both the first OT & OG off the bench.

Archived