PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

2 hours ago, Lions017 said:

You can look back over time and find lineups that are incomplete with players on BYE or that were out or find teams that left some of their best players on the bench. It's especially bad for the Thursday games. 

I don't have any specific teams for this week because I haven't checked. It was an issue for me a few weeks ago - whoever I was playing started Chark who had been ruled out. 

Did some digging....

You played Murder Mitten Nov 9th (Thu game).

At game time, his record 4-5, he lost the match 92.2-121.9  Dif of 29.7 Pt's, making his team record 4-6.

He did start Chark, but he was a game day out (see below)

"DJ Chark (elbow) is inactive for Week 10 against the Bears.

Always-injured Chark has barely played this season. Joining Chark on the sidelines are OLB Brian Burns, WR Laviska Shenault, WR DJ Chark, CB CJ Henderson, OG Nash Jensen and TE Stephen Sullivan.

Nov 9, 2023, 6:51 PM EST"

We don't count game day outs towards tanking.

His highest scoring available WR on his bench that week was Michael Wilson with a total 6.4 pts the lowest WR had 0 pts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Did some digging....

You played Murder Mitten Nov 9th (Thu game).

At game time, his record 4-5, he lost the match 92.2-121.9  Dif of 29.7 Pt's, making his team record 4-6.

He did start Chark, but he was a game day out (see below)

"DJ Chark (elbow) is inactive for Week 10 against the Bears.

Always-injured Chark has barely played this season. Joining Chark on the sidelines are OLB Brian Burns, WR Laviska Shenault, WR DJ Chark, CB CJ Henderson, OG Nash Jensen and TE Stephen Sullivan.

Nov 9, 2023, 6:51 PM EST"

We don't count game day outs towards tanking.

His highest scoring available WR on his bench that week was Michael Wilson with a total 6.4 pts the lowest WR had 0 pts

And I get that. It didn’t cost me a game. Never said it did. In Chark’s case he was ruled out earlier in the day and was doubtful all week. Common sense is you don’t leave him in your lineup. Tuesday, Wednesday, and all day Thursday isn’t enough time for people to check? Aren’t points for a tie-breaker in the standings? Other games have had empty lineup slots; that was just an example. Regardless of whether it impacts results you should not be able to do stuff like that. People need to be responsible enough to set a lineup each week. It all matters. 

Where did the game day outs thing come from, by the way? It just feels very arbitrary and it’s not exactly written down anywhere that I’ve seen until it was posted recently. 

I just think we need a real, enforceable policy. We either have one…or we don’t. Not “oh well Thursdays don’t count” or “game day decisions don’t count.” We either police tanking and make people set lineups or we don’t. Our rules say that we look for tanking but I guess it’s just chef’s…I mean commish’s choice? No real criteria, everyone gets second and third and fourth chances? Always given benefit of the doubt? Is it really that hard for people to check their phone two or three times a week? If you can’t set a lineup reliably then maybe you shouldn’t play? 

Edited by Lions017

Game day decisions do not count because, for example, I work nights on the west coast. I would leave the league if you tried to make that rule.

I do not believe for a second that you can't tell the difference between intentional tanking and a game-day decision without solid backup options. You were calling out a tank when it was clearly not in effect and you're now defending a clear tank.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 2

We're not moving away from game day outs, The NFL only gives us 90min before game time, & we all have Biz lives.

Another example:

I have a smartphone but don't pay for data, if I don't have access to an internet connection I can't make changes to my line-up.

When I'm out hunting or other activities I can only make calls or text.

15 hours ago, Lions017 said:

And I get that. It didn’t cost me a game. Never said it did. In Chark’s case he was ruled out earlier in the day and was doubtful all week. Common sense is you don’t leave him in your lineup. Tuesday, Wednesday, and all day Thursday isn’t enough time for people to check? Aren’t points for a tie-breaker in the standings? Other games have had empty lineup slots; that was just an example. Regardless of whether it impacts results you should not be able to do stuff like that. People need to be responsible enough to set a lineup each week. It all matters. 

Where did the game day outs thing come from, by the way? It just feels very arbitrary and it’s not exactly written down anywhere that I’ve seen until it was posted recently. 

I just think we need a real, enforceable policy. We either have one…or we don’t. Not “oh well Thursdays don’t count” or “game day decisions don’t count.” We either police tanking and make people set lineups or we don’t. Our rules say that we look for tanking but I guess it’s just chef’s…I mean commish’s choice? No real criteria, everyone gets second and third and fourth chances? Always given benefit of the doubt? Is it really that hard for people to check their phone two or three times a week? If you can’t set a lineup reliably then maybe you shouldn’t play? 

When looking for tanking teams these are some of the areas I look at to help determine if a team is tanking. Just looking at the overall picture. 

I also looked at the bottom 5 team matchups weeks 4-12 to see if they or the team they played had a player on a Bye in there starting lineup. Found none. 

If you know of one let me know, it was time consuming wasn't willing to spend more time looking.

Edited by WE-R-Lions

24 minutes ago, Irish Ninja said:

**** you guys for thinking I’m tanking, I’ve been in this free league for a ******* decade…and get accused of this? Literally **** off. 

Cool out :)

As LM I had to check, as a team ??? it, as stated above your all good!! I also checked other teams as well this mourning, but all good there as well.

Life is good!! 😎

8 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

We're not moving away from game day outs, The NFL only gives us 90min before game time, & we all have Biz lives.

Another example:

I have a smartphone but don't pay for data, if I don't have access to an internet connection I can't make changes to my line-up.

When I'm out hunting or other activities I can only make calls or text.

We need to make that an official policy then, because it seemed to just come out of nowhere. I do get what you're saying about only finding out 90 minutes ahead of time, but if a player is doubtful and doesn't practice all week...really? You've still got them in your lineup? That would eliminate some frustration for me. Something concrete. Or we just don’t enforce it or care about it at all. It’s not always about checking for players on bye weeks - that goes without saying that it shouldn’t happen. 

There’s also two issues at play here - I don’t think we really have many people tanking on purpose. People that are a bit inactive, though? Not updating lineups, never responding to messages or trade offers? That’s an issue more often. 

As far as I know we’ve never had a team actually punished for tanking, correct? It’s all up to whatever the LM decides, and we've been quite generous? Are we actively looking every week? I’d like something solid as a policy like if x happens x times then x is the punishment, you know? We don’t count it if it’s on game day? Ok. Write that down so it's official, then. 

Edited by Lions017
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Irish Ninja said:

**** you guys for thinking I’m tanking, I’ve been in this free league for a ******* decade…and get accused of this? Literally **** off. 

You're not tho

I'm a moron and have two leagues mixed up. That's all that is. We're in the middle of discussions about what to do with HVAC in the superflex league. He's actually tanking. Or MIA for 3 weeks. Either way. My fault for not being able to handle thinking about 2 things at once.

16 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Game day decisions do not count because, for example, I work nights on the west coast. I would leave the league if you tried to make that rule.

Rereading this sounds bratty. I meant that I wouldn't be able to participate in the league and would leave, not that I would throw a fit and burn it down or whatever.

Apologies to @Lions017 and @Irish Ninja for being overly emotive. There is a clear and unarguable tank going on in a different league and I'm a dummy.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

You tally it up and pick the punishment at end of season. Roster gets filled post draft for the forfeited draft pick. 

First avoidable non full roster - Forfeit 6th round pick.

Second avoidable non full roster -forfeit 5th round

Third avoidable non full roster- forfeit 4th round

Fourth avoidable non full roster- forfeit 3rd round

Fifth avoidable non full roster- forfeit 2nd round

Sixth avoidable non full roster- forfeit 1st round pick.

Avoidable means out. Or on bye. Game time decisions are a toss up and not fully avoidable imo. 

21 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I feel like that is too lax.  If someone can tank for three weeks and only lose their last three picks, that isn't that much of a punishment.  Maybe do that for the first and second time but the third time should move to the first round and start moving back.  

Right. Far, far too lax. Those fifth and sixth rounders mean that they're losing their kicker and defense. I'd gladly trade that in for a guaranteed higher pick. ****, take my fourth rounder too, you know? Even third rounders are pretty low in terms of hit rate in a league this big, and you'd only lose that if you tanked for a whole month. 

I get that accidents happen, but if you have incomplete lineups for multiple weeks...would at hurt to at least pop in here and let people know why? If you can't even pop in to post "sorry, my wife and I had a baby last week" or "I had a work emergency Thursday night, sorry about last week guys" then do you really even care? 

Really, I have a hard time understanding why this would happen to anybody more than once. You can't check your phone or computer once a week? Unless there's a big emergency, which shouldn't really be every week, it's really not too much to ask. No reason to be putting up 0's multiple weeks in a row. 

This is our current rule for tanking:

7. If a team is deemed "tanking" by the LM in the playoffs or Reg season to try to get a better draft position, your team's first pk the following years draft will be moved to the last pick in that Rd, a tanking GM could risk being removed from the league. The LM will adjust the weekly scoring to the identified potentially tanking team as needed per week. Items that could be flag as a tanking team are as follows: (Players in your line-up for multiple weeks are on a bye, empty slots in your line-up, a player listed as "out" or on "IR" before game day, Not playing a stud player, FA fill-in possibilities, the LM needing to adjust your score, will all be factored in to determine tanking teams). If a GM is removed from the league for tanking, the new GM's draft slot would be restored to it's proper drafting slot the following year.

(To my knowledge, I've tagged two GM's for tanking over the years. I don't remember the team names, but remember both GM's were replaced the following year). 

8 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Right. Far, far too lax. Those fifth and sixth rounders mean that they're losing their kicker and defense. I'd gladly trade that in for a guaranteed higher pick. ****, take my fourth rounder too, you know? Even third rounders are pretty low in terms of hit rate in a league this big, and you'd only lose that if you tanked for a whole month. 

I get that accidents happen, but if you have incomplete lineups for multiple weeks...would at hurt to at least pop in here and let people know why? If you can't even pop in to post "sorry, my wife and I had a baby last week" or "I had a work emergency Thursday night, sorry about last week guys" then do you really even care? 

Really, I have a hard time understanding why this would happen to anybody more than once. You can't check your phone or computer once a week? Unless there's a big emergency, which shouldn't really be every week, it's really not too much to ask. No reason to be putting up 0's multiple weeks in a row. 

I would really like to know who's team & wk's your referring about, I can't find them.

At this point it seams to be a witch hunt.