PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

9 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I'm now in favor of timeslots. This is getting a bit silly. 

I just got OTC like 10 minutes ago and made a joke. Relax.

I'll get myself up to speed and make a selection sometime this afternoon. Maybe next year we can do a Google Sheets for the players available/drafted which would make it a lot easier to jump in. 

13 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I just got OTC like 10 minutes ago and made a joke. Relax.

I'll get myself up to speed and make a selection sometime this afternoon. Maybe next year we can do a Google Sheets for the players available/drafted which would make it a lot easier to jump in. 

I'm all for taking your time, but wasn't the last pick like 13 hours ago? I didn't even see your joke about next week until you mentioned it. 

Unless the time that I'm seeing is wrong or something? I just want to avoid these really long gaps unless it's overnight or something like that. 

It shouldn't be too hard. The draft thread is pretty up to date on the first page usually so you can just search to see if a player is taken, and everyone that was available to start with is on ESPN. 

I downloaded a free speadsheet with all of the rookies. I ranked them in the offseason and I've just been crossing them off as they were drafted. 

Edited by Lions017

5 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I'm all for taking your time, but wasn't the last pick like 13 hours ago? I didn't even see your joke about next week until you mentioned it. 

Unless the time that I'm seeing is wrong or something? I just want to avoid these really long gaps unless it's overnight or something like that. 

It shouldn't be too hard. The draft thread is pretty up to date on the first page usually so you can just search to see if a player is taken, and everyone that was available to start with is on ESPN. 

I downloaded a free speadsheet with all of the rookies. I ranked them in the offseason and I've just been crossing them off as they were drafted. 

Where did you get the spreadsheet?

If we went to shortened, dedicated time slots I’ll very likely be out. I work 14 hours days, usually without breaks. I like having the time to get off work, process all of the action, and even propose/review trade offers. You lose that the shorter these slots get. I’d be fine with daily slots…but the draft would take forever. You could just go to scheduled live draft…many leagues do it. But if I wanted to go that route, I would have just joined a different league. 

There is literally NOTHING WRONG with the current setup. Most picks are in with a few hours, and there’s flexibility for those that need it. The draft will get done with plenty of time to spare. This draft will likely be done before we even get started in Dirty Dozen. 

Is there another downside to the current process other than impatience and FOMO? Help me out. 

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

... no? Some people just have different preferences.

That is clear…but for what reason? Why do people think that changing the way things are being done would be positive? Maybe I’m not considering all possibilities. 

Edited by sammymvpknight