PHREAK'S Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

WE-R-Lions

21 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Wow. Our battle of 2-6 teams ended up with @detfan782004's team blowing up thanks to Stroud dropping 55 on me. That's more than half of my team put together. 

I think I might win the battle for "worst situation" for like every one of my players. All of my receivers (Hollywood, Metcalf, Jeudy, London, Pitts, Addison, etc.) are just dealing with trash QB play right now. Yikes. 

My team only scored 45 points this week so Stroud would have beat me alone.  I only had another 18 possible points on my bench if I started the right people.  Between bye weeks and injuries my team has fallen off the cliff.  Fields was a big scorer, Gibbs was on bye week, Bijan was injured/awful, Stafford is hurt so Puca and Higbee aren't getting targets, Christian Watson and Doubbs have been dealing with Love so they aren't putting up numbers, Ridley and Sutton on bye weeks but neither of them are playing to their talent either.  Looking like I will be back in the running for a top 3 pick.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lions017 said:

So…I’m playing @Irish Ninjaand Chark is in his starting lineup despite being ruled out. Downs is still in there too and hasn’t practiced all week…

"Chark proceeded to miss every practice this week, resulting in a doubtful designation ahead of an eventual inactive status for Thursday's game."

Very annoying to me when a player is listed as doubtful all week & a GM doesn't replace him prior to game day....one can always put the player back in the lineup if he's active.

But he was a game day out, so no penalty. Just poor gamesmanship. :(

1 hour ago, WE-R-Lions said:

"Chark proceeded to miss every practice this week, resulting in a doubtful designation ahead of an eventual inactive status for Thursday's game."

Very annoying to me when a player is listed as doubtful all week & a GM doesn't replace him prior to game day....one can always put the player back in the lineup if he's active.

But he was a game day out, so no penalty. Just poor gamesmanship. :(

That's still pretty lame. That's how we're doing this? 

I guess I'll put in Dameon Pierce and if they rule him out Sunday I hope I remember to check my lineup. I like my chances with Demario Douglas too. Sure hope he can play Sunday! I'm feeling risky now I guess. 

To be fair @Irish Ninjais still in contention at 4-5 so I don't think he's losing on purpose, but come on guys.

It shouldn't be too much to ask to set your lineup. 

Edited by Lions017

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

That's still pretty lame. That's how we're doing this? 

I guess I'll put in Dameon Pierce and if they rule him out Sunday I hope I remember to check my lineup. I like my chances with Demario Douglas too. Sure hope he can play Sunday! I'm feeling risky now I guess. 

To be fair @Irish Ninjais still in contention at 4-5 so I don't think he's losing on purpose, but come on guys.

It shouldn't be too much to ask to set your lineup. 

I totally agree with: "It shouldn't be too much to ask to set your lineup." We do expect all  GM's to put in their best effort & play fair.

But I also know life happens that we don't always have control over. For example, last wk I hade two kidney stones & my wife had to take me to the emergency room. 

That's why game day outs don't count towards tanking unless there's a pattern of abuse & like you indicated a GM's record is also a factor.

Edited by WE-R-Lions

45 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I totally agree with: "It shouldn't be too much to ask to set your lineup." We do expect all  GM's to put in their best effort & play fair.

But I also know life happens that we don't always have control over. For example, last wk I hade two kidney stones & my wife had to take me to the emergency room. 

That's why game day outs don't count towards tanking unless there's a pattern of abuse & like you indicated a GM's record is also a factor.

I guess why aren't we fixing it, then? Just slot in someone else - I'm not asking to look after the fact and add 45 points to his team when someone blows up, but why is it fine if it's just the day of to leave an empty lineup slot, especially on a Thursday? Shouldn't someone else be put in there? These games matter - it impacts his team's chance to make the playoffs and for a bad team like mine it could be the difference between picking first or second and having pick five or six. That's a big deal. 

I feel like whether there was an emergency or just an oversight it should be fixed either way, no? Can you just take Chark out of the lineup and let him hopefully make his own choice over the weekend? 

Edited by Lions017
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lions017 said:

I guess why aren't we fixing it, then? Just slot in someone else - I'm not asking to look after the fact and add 45 points to his team when someone blows up, but why is it fine if it's just the day of to leave an empty lineup slot, especially on a Thursday? Shouldn't someone else be put in there? These games matter - it impacts his team's chance to make the playoffs and for a bad team like mine it could be the difference between picking first or second and having pick five or six. That's a big deal. 

I feel like whether there was an emergency or just an oversight it should be fixed either way, no? 

Sort of a slippery slope. Having the GM set and change lineups for others seems like it could be an issue moving forward. 

It's why draft order should be set by optimal lineup.

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Sort of a slippery slope. Having the GM set and change lineups for others seems like it could be an issue moving forward. 

It's why draft order should be set by optimal lineup.

That would be a nice change. Many dynasty leagues use max points for or optimal lineup for draft order for the non-playoff teams. 

Edited by Lions017
  • Like 1

For what it's worth @Irish Ninjahad Michael Wilson playing last week too and he had zero points because of an injury. He was ruled out and was not expected to play that game. 

This is two weeks now with a blank spot in the lineup. 

He also doesn't have a kicker with a game this week. Probably looking at 3 lineup spots with no points unless he fixes it. That's BS. 

Edited by Lions017
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

For what it's worth @Irish Ninjahad Michael Wilson playing last week too and he had zero points because of an injury. He was ruled out and was not expected to play that game. 

This is two weeks now with a blank spot in the lineup. 

He also doesn't have a kicker with a game this week. Probably looking at 3 lineup spots with no points unless he fixes it. That's BS. 

Yes I'm aware......

51 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I feel like whether there was an emergency or just an oversight it should be fixed either way, no? Can you just take Chark out of the lineup and let him hopefully make his own choice over the weekend? 

After a player has played he can't be moved from the line-up, but points can be adjusted. We (I) do that when a team is flagged for tanking.

I'm not aware that ESPN allows for optimum lineups for non playoff teams......Not sure I like that idea? if I were in 6th place & had to pick my players & the GM in 7th place were to get his optimum line up.....UG! even worse if we were playing each other that week.

At the end of the day FF isn't perfect.

I enjoy playing FF & don't mind the time I put in to run the league with help from @TL-TwoWinsAway but, my time is valuable too & expect all GM's to put their best foot forward each wk. That said I don't change scoring for game day outs

as it is a slippery slope on deciding on how many pt's to use & the time it takes.

But I do track game day outs for multi occurrences that could be coincided tanking or lack of dedication to the league.  

3 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

After a player has played he can't be moved from the line-up, but points can be adjusted. We (I) do that when a team is flagged for tanking.

I'm not aware that ESPN allows for optimum lineups for non playoff teams......Not sure I like that idea? if I were in 6th place & had to pick my players & the GM in 7th place were to get his optimum line up.....UG! even worse if we were playing each other that week.

At the end of the day FF isn't perfect.

I enjoy playing FF & don't mind the time I put in to run the league with help from @TL-TwoWinsAway but, my time is valuable too & expect all GM's to put their best foot forward each wk. That said I don't change scoring for game day outs

as it is a slippery slope on deciding on how many pt's to use & the time it takes.

But I do track game day outs for multi occurrences that could be coincided tanking or lack of dedication to the league.  

I don't think that ESPN allows for max points for because it isn't really designed for dynasty. You'd have to use something like Sleeper or a different platform. 

Optimal lineup doesn't actually change the lineups, by the way. It just tracks how many points you could have scored each week. It doesn't actually change wins and losses. 

But thanks for keeping track. It's just frustrating when these things impact draft position. I know that things pop up, but pretty much everyone has a cell phone. It takes all of thirty seconds to set your lineup for the week. Maybe there's something really serious going on, but unless it's a major life crisis I can't imagine not having that time for multiple weeks. 

Edited by Lions017
  • Like 1