What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Meh. Not what I was expecting. Looks like it was pretty already a full blown melee at that point wasn’t it? 

If I saw some dude going after my teammate I’d probably take a shot at some of his teammates as well. Definitely doesn’t make it right at all, but for me it makes it understandable. I don’t really care if he hit that guy first cause it was a disaster well before that anyways.

*totally out of the loop of what happenedleading up to the fight. My vantage point is the clips I’m seeing after the thing broke out*

It definitely matters when the narrative is "three thugs attacked Conor for no reason". He clearly was attacking people without any physical provocation.

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

The MMA thread is an... interesting read since the end of the fight.

The real question is when does the MMA thread move from Other Sports to Entertainment.

That ish looked like some WWE nonsense iyam, just like the whole lead up to the fight. Or most of Conor’s career tbh.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

It definitely matters when the narrative is "three thugs attacked Conor for no reason". He clearly was attacking people without any physical provocation.

It matters for the narrative sure, and the record should be set straight and I’m glad it will be. 

But as far as from a judgement/morals standpoint I don’t care about the lack of physical provocation when the other dude is already out of the ring beating on McGregors teammate. All bets are off at that point for me, not gonna look to critically about what happens after that.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Jail time

Conor didn't get jail time for what he did to Ray Borg (which is what provoked this incident from the beginning). He's not getting jail time over this.

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

But as far as from a judgement/morals standpoint I don’t care about the lack of physical provocation when the other dude is already out of the ring beating on McGregors teammate. All bets are off at that point for me, not gonna look to critically about what happens after that.

I'm assuming you also don't know about the bus incident?

I do find some comments funny like saying McGregor would be killed in the streets for antics like he’s pulled.

That might be true, but what do this people think happens in “the streets” when there’s a full fledged brawl? People will wait until being hit to throw a punch?

1 minute ago, pwny said:

I'm assuming you also don't know about the bus incident?

I do. 

8 minutes ago, pwny said:

Conor didn't get jail time for what he did to Ray Borg (which is what provoked this incident from the beginning). He's not getting jail time over this.

You are too smart to watch that and think Connor started it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pwny said:

Three of Khabib's group were detained after last night's events. When the police went to Conor in order to ask whether he wanted charges pressed, he declined. The men were subsequently released, which is how it should work @Matts4313, at least IMO

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

This whole thing was the culmination of ***-for-tat grudge between the two camps. It started with trash talk, escalated to Khabib cornering one of Conor's teammates in a hotel, which led to the bus incident, which lead to the pre-fight press conference and even harsher words being exchanged, which finally erupted in the brawl.

Neither side comes out looking good. Khabib comes away looking thin-skinned (there are actually people in the MMA forum calling for the UFC to make certain types of trash-talking against the rules, if you can believe it....). Conor comes away looking like a holier-than-thou thug.

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Agreed. The brawl was in full swing when he threw the “first punch”. That’s what happens in brawls, especially when your teammate is being attacked. I couldn’t care less about that punch. Nobody looks good here 

If Connor “got what he deserved” based on that clip, then the guy that jumped out out the ring to kick the whole thing off probably “deserves” a life sentence lol 

Edited by Dome

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Conor's team started the whole animosity with everything he did in the lead up, including hospitalizing Ray Borg.

Dillon Dannis's actions outside the cage provoked Khabib.

Khabib started the physical violence of the night.

Conor sucker punching Khabib's teammate started the violence in the ring.

And I'm sorry, but if Ray Borg can be hospitalized and no jail time seen, not a single person did a damn thing there worthy of jail time. Arrested? Sure. Jail time? No way.

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

If Connor “got what he deserved” based on that clip,

The only people suggesting he "got what he deserved" are suggesting he got what he deserved for the Ray Borg incident and his other actions. The fact that he threw a punch, however, showed he was the one to initiate the in-ring fighting and isn't some innocent guy who got punched by three bullies.

Since this conversation has spilled out into TAST, please don't let the scrum distract from one of the best post-fight interviews I've ever heard:

Rogan: "Why did you take your shorts off?"

Lewis: "CUS MY BALLS WUZ HOT"

Rogan: "......I understand."

Edited by cddolphin
  • Like 1