What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Just now, cddolphin said:

Since this conversation has spilled out into TAST, please don't let the scrum distract from one of the best post-fight interviews I've ever heard:

He went to the table on FS1 after the PPV and had some great comments too. Said he was glad the brawl happened so he could win the post-fight bonus.

• Like 2

So Connor punched first without “physical provocation” from the guy he hit... and that’s a totally fair assessment of what happened based on the clips I’ve seen. 

But wasnt he attacked by 3 guys? Did he punch all 3 of them first or just the one? Cause if he only hit one guy, I see a bit of a double standard for the other two guys that attacked him after that. 

What am I missing? 

30 minutes ago, Dome said:

What am I missing? 

This

1 hour ago, Dome said:

If I saw some dude going after my teammate I’d probably take a shot at some of his teammates as well.

Except they’re not punching a random teammate who didn’t do anything, they’re punching the guy who actually punched someone. 

16 minutes ago, pwny said:

This

Except they’re not punching a random teammate who didn’t do anything, they’re punching the guy who actually punched someone. 

So they weren’t physically provoked either then?

They just got caught up in the heat of the moment and lashed out when they saw their teammate get attacked?

This sounds familiar 

Edited by Dome

It’s like a YouTube star crying “it’s a prank, bro” after getting a gun pulled on him for doing some stupid stuff to a gang member. How dumb do you have to be to not realize that running your mouth about everything Conor did and causing physical harm to a friend of dudes who are literally close friends with the Russian mob have consequences? That doesn’t make Khabib jumping on Dannis okay, nor does it make it okay for Conor to get punched in the back of the head, but like...what the hell did those two think was going to happen?

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

So they weren’t physically provoked either then?

They just got caught up in the heat of the moment and lashed out when they saw their teammate get attacked?

This sounds familiar 

Punching an innocent bystander is not the same as punching someone who punched your friend. 

1 hour ago, pwny said:

He went to the table on FS1 after the PPV and had some great comments too. Said he was glad the brawl happened so he could win the post-fight bonus.

his post-fight plans w/ "going home & throwing his wife's legs in the air", was one of his best lines of all time

7 minutes ago, pwny said:

Punching an innocent bystander is not the same as punching someone who punched your friend. 

But punching the friend of a guy who is punching your friend is fair game in a brawl IMO. And I think there’s a chance you’re using “innocent bystander” a little loosely, but that’s totally specualtion lol

This is something we don’t be able to hash out, it’s just a difference of opinion lol

Edited by Dome

And I’m not trying to give McGregor a total pass here either.

I just think some people have flipped the narrative too much based on a single punch among dozens if not hundreds thrown in that brawl.

Don’t want to get punched in a brawl? Stay out of the brawl. That applies to McGregor too. 

Edited by Dome

3 hours ago, pwny said:

It’s like a YouTube star crying “it’s a prank, bro” after getting a gun pulled on him for doing some stupid stuff to a gang member. How dumb do you have to be to not realize that running your mouth about everything Conor did and causing physical harm to a friend of dudes who are literally close friends with the Russian mob have consequences? That doesn’t make Khabib jumping on Dannis okay, nor does it make it okay for Conor to get punched in the back of the head, but like...what the hell did those two think was going to happen?

I missed this. I definitely agree with this. 

46 minutes ago, Starless said:

"WE'RE F***ED" in huge neon letters on the face of every skyscraper in the world.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/07/climate/ipcc-climate-report-2040.html

I'll be at the perfect age for the apocalypse. Old enough to have lived my life, young enough to still be moderately physically capable. I'll get to enjoy the downward spiral for a fear years before a roaming biker gang shoots me for my ammo and carrots. That's really all I've ever wanted.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I'll be at the perfect age for the apocalypse. Old enough to have lived my life, young enough to still be moderately physically capable. I'll get to enjoy the downward spiral for a fear years before a roaming biker gang shoots me for my ammo and carrots. That's really all I've ever wanted.

..... we need to find each other when this happens. We may be long lost brothers. 

If it’s true and we unite post-SHTF they’ll HAVE to make a movie about us when humanity bounces back! What a story it’ll be!

• Like 1