What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

5 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

None. Being salaried sucks.

I like the flexibility.  When i was salary non-exempt (hourly) i had to put in 40 each week, even if i just worked a 50 or 60.  If i wanted to take a little time, i had to use vacation.

As salary, i can work a 50, then not come in the following Friday without using a vacation day.

That's about the only perk at my job.  They say the bonus structure is better, but i've yet to really see that it makes up for extra hours.  Otherwise it's just a title thing.

Anyone that tells you that Five Guys has a better burger than any of the other major fast casual burger places is a damn liar. 

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Anyone that tells you that Five Guys has a better burger than any of the other major fast casual burger places is a damn liar. 

Actual burger quality? No. Fries? No.

Toppings selection though? Better than the staple FF places IMO

they might as well switch to beyond burgers at this point.... those things are surprisingly good, five guys is surprisingly bad. The transition would be smooth.

Edited by Dome

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

Toppings selection though? Better than the staple FF places IMO

They need a lot of toppings to hide that they don’t even season the beef and refuse to cook it any way other than well done, so that makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

They need a lot of toppings to hide that they don’t even season the beef and refuse to cook it any way other than well done, so that makes sense. 

This is exactly why Beyond Burger needs to buy them out and make the switch. It’s the perfect franchise because they have the beef that’s the most forgettable.

Imagine the attention you’d get on social media when people were all like “Omg these veggie burgers are just as good as Five Guys real beef!” And boom, you’re in.

Just now, Dome said:

This is exactly why Beyond Burger needs to buy them out and make the switch. It’s the perfect franchise because they have the beef that’s the most forgettable.

Imagine the attention you’d get on social media when people were all like “Omg these veggie burgers are just as good as Five Guys real beef!” And boom, you’re in.

I had the v1 Impossible Burger. Was way better than Five Guys. 

A buy out would work probably though. They’d have to get new management in there though, because the whole “no seasoning” thing won’t work with the imitation meat. They’d also have to change from smash burgers, because the BB doesn’t crisp up the way a good smash burger does. But it would definitely be a better burger than what Five Guys has going now.

Decided to do three things with my tax return:

-buy a guitar and learn how to play

-get my first tattoo

-go on a vacation to colorado

doesnt sound like Colorado is going to happen since the place I’m renting is now being sold so my rent will likely increase 4x when I find a new place. The tattoo is a maybe cause I want it on my forearm and don’t know if it’s a good idea in case it makes placing IV’s more difficult which is important with my heath history lol plus I want to work in a hospital and tattoos in those places are frowned upon. But I did buy a guitar and it’s been shipped so I’m at least batting .333 now

4 hours ago, pwny said:

Preach.

A proper burger isn’t a couple millimeters thick, it’s an inch thick and able to be cooked to a proper medium temperature.

17 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Decided to do three things with my tax return:

-buy a guitar and learn how to play

-get my first tattoo

-go on a vacation to colorado

Sounds fun.

doesnt sound like Colorado is going to happen since the place I’m renting is now being sold so my rent will likely increase 4x when I find a new place.

The why would the others happen?  I’d youre spending the money on something, might as well be travel.

The tattoo is a maybe cause I want it on my forearm and don’t know if it’s a good idea in case it makes placing IV’s more difficult

As someone who’s placed thousands of IV’s, this is false.  Tattoos are irrelevant.

which is important with my heath history lol plus I want to work in a hospital and tattoos in those places are frowned upon.

Also false. Mostly places will aks that you cover them with sleeves, but no one cares.

But I did buy a guitar and it’s been shipped so I’m at least batting .333 now

Take the trip to Colorado man, it’s pretty spectacular. Drive and stay in crappy motels if you must, it’s doable.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

A proper burger isn’t a couple millimeters thick,

I will disagree with this. Solely because I recently started cooking burgers like this and they’re incredible. Five Guys smashes the burger after they’ve already cooked one side, which pushes all the fat out of the burger. And somehow despite having a super thin burger, they can’t even get a decent crust on them. And they don’t season the beef, which is trash.

But seriously - try that burger in that link. I used to be a huge advocate for the 10 oz thick boi burger cooked just past medium rare, but after doing these, I’m probably not going back unless I *have* to. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

I will disagree with this. Solely because I recently started cooking burgers like this and they’re incredible. Five Guys smashes the burger after they’ve already cooked one side, which pushes all the fat out of the burger. And somehow despite having a super thin burger, they can’t even get a decent crust on them. And they don’t season the beef, which is trash.

But seriously - try that burger in that link. I used to be a huge advocate for the 10 oz thick boi burger cooked just past medium rare, but after doing these, I’m probably not going back unless I *have* to. 

Interesting.... I’ll check it out.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Interesting.... I’ll check it out.

He heavily advocates for American cheese because of how well it melts, and it’s worth trusting him on it even if you aren’t big on American cheese. However, if that’s a deal breaker, I did just do one with harvarti ~30 minutes ago and it worked really well. Just make sure If you switch, it’s to another really melty cheese. 

Just now, pwny said:

He heavily advocates for American cheese because of how well it melts, and it’s worth trusting him on it even if you aren’t big on American cheese. However, if that’s a deal breaker, I did just do one with harvarti ~30 minutes ago and it worked really well. Just make sure If you switch, it’s to another really melty cheese. 

Yeah, it’s gonna have to be havarti, or even brie.

American is just nasty imo.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

American is just nasty imo.

I agree. But somehow it works on the burger.

I’ve also gotten to the point where I just blindly trust anything he says because after years of cooking his recipes (and probably half of everything I cook is either his recipe or using techniques I’ve learned from him/his site), I’ve never been steered wrong. So it was a bit easier to say “Kenji says this will work, I’m just gonna do it”. Totally understand if you don’t have that blind faith in a recipe a stranger on a football forum sent you.