What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

4 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

If you knew the guy, you'd side with her. 

I'd side with her if I felt her tangible contributions to the marriage exceeded $10,000,000.

You chose a scumbag, you don't get paid for it just because you got burned.

Edited by cddolphin
  • Like 2

NYE plans debate. I think the holiday is overrated. Lucky for me, I have spent the past 2 years at home with my exgf watching the College Football Playoffs.

Now I'm single and no College Football Playoffs on NYE so sorta have to go out. I'm down to 2 options:

• Go to an Open Bar Sunday night for $100 with some friends. In addition, try to buy tickets for the Winter Classic game on New Years Day and freeze my a** off but watch some outdoor hockey.
  • Drive up to Vermont with friends tonight. We have a winter house there. Only problem is the temperatures may be -5, its a 5 hour drive and I'll be traveling home Monday so I'll miss the hockey game.

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I'd side with her if I felt her tangible contributions to the marriage exceeded $10,000,000.

You chose a scumbag, you don't get paid for it just because you got burned.

You forget - in Indian/Pakistani culture, you really don't choose anything when it comes to marriage (arranged marriages and whatnot).

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

You forget - in Indian/Pakistani culture, you really don't choose anything when it comes to marriage (arranged marriages and whatnot).

You forget - regardless of culture, the ultimate responsibility of an individual's choice lies within themself.

"Culture" excuses either fly all the time, or none of the time.

Just now, cddolphin said:

You forget - regardless of culture, the ultimate responsibility of an individual's choice lies within themself.

Because they don't practice honor killings in Pakistan for women who try to reject arranged marriage...oh wait, they do.

Pick up a book, get out of your tiny little bubble.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

Pick up a book, get out of your tiny little bubble.

Ironic when the excuse of culture can be used with some people but not others, oh god the irony

Still doesn't mean she is entitled to $10,000,000 from her husband if her family is at fault like you claim.

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Ironic when the excuse of culture can be used with some people but not others, oh god the irony

Never said anyone couldn't use any "excuse", so not sure why you're playing that card. Keep going though, it is a chuckle.

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Still doesn't mean she is entitled to $10,000,000 from her husband if her family is at fault like you claim

Part of my take is because I know the guy and I have personal bias against him, so... *shrug* I dunno, want a cookie?

Never said anyone couldn't use any "excuse", so not sure why you're playing that card. Keep going though, it is a chuckle.

mhmmm, not sure what I'm talking about, right right. We can let it sit.

6 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

want a cookie?

oatmeal raisin please

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

mhmmm, not sure what I'm talking about, right right. We can let it sit.

Sounds like your beef is with someone else. I remark on a guy I knew in High School, you take it down a road you want to take it down, then you sit there as if this was the argument all along.

You may want to work on your delivery.

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

oatmeal raisin please

It's in the mail.

22 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Of all the dumb takes you’ve had, this might be the dumbest.

• Like 1

I remark on a guy I knew in High School, you take it down a road you want to take it down, then you sit there as if this was the argument all along.

If only we could identify who initially propped up culture in the argument and used it as a justification for poor decisions.

4 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Of all the dumb takes you’ve had, this might be the dumbest.

The usual suspects arrive.