What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Spiders aren't aggressive.  Dogs are.  Spiders aren't dangerous.  Only people who should be afraid of spiders are people who live in Australia and like two other places. 

You just said some spiders are aggressive, and you admitted that spiders kill people every year. So . . .

• Like 1

I have posted before about my respect for spiders and I will defend them as an important part of our environment and as very underrated and very fascinating creatures. However, to say "spiders aren't dangerous" is ridiculous. Some of them are. Most of them are not.

Just now, NS922 said:

I have posted before about my respect for spiders and I will defend them as an important part of our environment and as very underrated and very fascinating creatures. However, to say "spiders aren't dangerous" is ridiculous. Some of them are. Most of them are not.

I think spiders are valuable for what they do, but I certainly don't want one in my room.

Just now, jrry32 said:

You just said some spiders are aggressive, and you admitted that spiders kill people every year. So . . .

Spiders kill less than 10 people annually.  Dogs kill 25,000 people annually. 

If I say people should be roughly 2,500 times more afraid of dogs than spiders, can I be done?

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-animals-that-kill-most-humans.html

If I admit that venomous snakes scare me can I be done?  I almost stepped on a Cottonmouth once.  That's not bragging, ET, that's self-deprecation.  I was walking in an area that was known to have them and I was listening to headphones because I was dumb, so I didn't hear it. 

Now that I mention it, I had this same conversation on the old site about alligators.  People tried to act like alligators were dangerous and I pointed out that I'd seen one of them up close and people mocked me for that, too, since they didn't believe that, either.  I think it was literally the same people making fun of me now that made fun of me then.  When I proved that alligators had killed less than 40 people in America since 1970, they just started making fun of my lifestyle because I'd proven them wrong about how dangerous gators are. 

I think I had to defend myself then and say that literally all I do for fun is go out looking for wildlife in nature because they posted videos of nature people on YouTube. 

I should really probably just stop. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith