What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Just now, TXsteeler said:

Well potentially, if you are eating a serving of something that has 50% of your daily nutritional intake but 100% of your daily calorie intake, you have to eat double servings to not be nutrtionally deficient, although this is obviously an extreme version of events, with most food Americans eat the ratios do not line up 1:1.

Ah so they’re eating a box of twinkies to make up the nutritional differences eh?

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And where are all of these places that have no fruits, veggies or butcher shops?

McDonalds has salad and water. Every gas station has jerky and water.  What grocery store doesn’t have a produce section?   

Go back and read the wiki article on food deserts, or actually https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_desert.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ah so they’re eating a box of twinkies to make up the nutritional differences eh?

That's not what I said at all, why are you purposefully creating strawmans while being disingenuous and argumentative?

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

It breaks my heart that we're besmirching Hot Pockets so casually here.

I love Hot Pockets. :(

I do, too.  During a dirty bulk.  And when I'm working out two hours a day.  Have you ever looked at the nutrition bar on one of those things? 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

I do, too.  During a dirty bulk.  And when I'm working out two hours a day.  Have you ever looked at the nutrition bar on one of those things? 

I've found out that ignorance is bliss in matters such as these.

Go back and read the wiki article on food deserts, or actually https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_desert.

I did read it.  It's a straw, and you're grasping at it.  The only specification is that you live more than a mile away from a supermarket or more than 10 miles away in a suburban environment.  Do you understand that this is one of THE worst arguments possible? 

That means that if I lived over 1 mile away (even if that's a mile and a foot) from a Wal Mart or other grocery store, I'd technically be in one of your food deserts.  That means... Gosh, I'd have to walk a mile. 

Yet, even still, only 18 million Americans live in this food desert that you think is such a monumental deal.  That is five percent of America with America having 325 million people in it. 

So, again, you're talking about 5 percent of Americans suffering from this crippling food desert.  What percent of that five percent doesn't have a car that can get them those 10 miles to a grocery store? 

This is a REALLY stupid excuse. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

What percent of that five percent doesn't have a car that can get them those 10 miles to a grocery store? 

Almost all of them, these are really poor people living in cities dude.

You don't give a damn though man your just looking for reasons to hate people. Your entire argument has been strawmans so you can feel better about yourself, you have a history of ignoring reality when you want to so I don't care what you have to say about it. I posted it for brownies because he asked about it directly.

A pack of peanuts. $1. 500+ calories of fiber, protein, and unsaturated fat for a buck. A 36 serving jar for about $5. A value pack of granola bars for about $4. A big *** box of Cheerios for a few dollars. And fruits and vegetables they’re practically giving away. 

Now if you start getting into stuff like almonds and salmon it gets a little pricey. But overall healthy food is pretty cheap 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No, where SPECIFICALLY.  I’ve been all over this country and I’ve never had this issue.  Rural, urban, etc.

Where are these places that serve NOTHING but garbage?

Usually they are in the poorest parts of big cities like NY or LA where there is rampant crime and poverty so no big grocery stores want to bother opening a location. The only places to eat are fast food and convienience stores.

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

Usually they are in the poorest parts of big cities like NY or LA where there is rampant crime and poverty so no big grocery stores want to bother opening a location. The only places to eat are fast food and convienience stores.

You really need me to make a list of reasonably healthy options you can get at a fast food joint or convenience stores?

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What city doesn’t have a grocery store with a produce department or canned foods and frozen meats?

grocery store? Wtf do you live where a single grocery store is enough for a whole city?

There are places in this country where the nearest grocery store is over a mile away across sections of town with bad gang activity and other issues. These people don't have a car and don't have much money to shop at more expensive stores. How do you expect them to get a week's worth of groceries for a family of 5 back to their house from the grocery store without getting robbed?

Almost all of them, these are really poor people living in cities dude.

Okay, they're in a big city.  There's public transportation.  What big city is 10 miles to a place that sells vegetables.  Find me one.  Just one.  There are 48 Wal Marts in Brooklyn alone.

You don't give a damn though man your just looking for reasons to hate people.

Wrong.  I care immensely.  Great job on the insult though.  I've lost people to obesity-related problems who refused to help themselves.  What I'm doing is the opposite of hate.  I could just as easily call you a lot of things for making that suggestion.  The only difference is I'd be right, you'd be wrong. 

Your entire argument has been strawmans so you can feel better about yourself

Wanna know how I know someone is losing an argument?  They shout, "Strawman!"  or "Ad hominem!" 

, you have a history of ignoring reality when you want to so I don't care what you have to say about it.

I'm not the one ignoring reality here. 

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

How do you expect them to get a week's worth of groceries for a family of 5 back to their house from the grocery store without getting robbed?

Hold up, Deebo coming - hide the kale, HIDE THE KALE!