Preseason Week 4: It's nearly over!

RaidersAreOne

29 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

Its not just about taking the knee though and you know it.  Colin became the face for that entire movement that was a major thorn in the side of the entire NFL for two whole years.  He also doubled down with all the rhetoric off the field as well (including the Castro t-shirt and the "pig" socks etc).  I know the dude can still play and he is definitely better than a lot of backups in the league, but the PR nightmare he caused the entire NFL has not been forgotten, and these teams are not going to stick their necks out for somebody that might be a good backup.

There is also a disconnect in what Colin thinks he's worth and what the rest of the league does.  He still thinks he's a top-line starter and worth millions, whereas even if a team were tempted to bring him in, they'd only be talking about mid-level backup QB pay which Colin wouldn't accept IMO. 

I'm just saying that there are legitimate reasons he's not in the league right now other than simply all the owners are clearly racist.

I don't see how any of that is worse than what Greg Hardy got wrapped up in. Yet he got another chance job. Same with Perrish Cox. How many chances did Aldon Smith get?

Your second point is pure speculation on what Colin may be thinking. There has been zero statements made or even reports that Colin would only accept an offer as a starter.

Anyway, done talking about it.

5 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Pretty impressive in the Bills game... Bills were trailing 27-3 in 4th quarter and came back to win. I don't care who was playing... That is pretty crazy. Bears odds to win at one point was 99.7%

Nagy was not happy about it either.  They were rolling until Kniles Davis came in and they couldn't run at all after that.  On top of that the CB play with Joseph and Ftanklin was atrocious.  I suspect just about everybody in the secondary after the guys who started the game came out is cut immediately.  

22 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I don't see how any of that is worse than what Greg Hardy got wrapped up in. Yet he got another chance job. Same with Perrish Cox. How many chances did Aldon Smith get?

Your second point is pure speculation on what Colin may be thinking. There has been zero statements made or even reports that Colin would only accept an offer as a starter.

Anyway, done talking about it.

Yeah, done talking about it too, and just to be clear, I was not the one that brought up this off-topic issue in the first place; was simply responding to someone else.  

1 hour ago, megatechpc said:

Yeah, done talking about it too, and just to be clear, I was not the one that brought up this off-topic issue in the first place; was simply responding to someone else.  

Yeah, I know you responded to me first. I only stopped since someone else asked "to get back to football". 

I'm just glad this awful preseason is finally over with!  There have been highlights, mostly attributable to the intrigue of watching all those first round QB's actually get on the field and play, but between the horrible new rules (lowering helmet rule and Aaron Rodgers rule), the gross games (like Browns v Eagles), the number of superstars who barely or never even played, etc its just been a terrible preseason to slog through (doesn't help personally that my Falcons looked legitimately horrific for the most part).

one of the most brutal weekends in sports

any of you who were at uni, imagine if you did a four year degree, afterwards, if you were in the top 0.1% of all your cohort across the country, you got a trial, and only the top probably 10% of all the trialees get the job. if not, then you aren’t getting the job. straight out. (given that it’s so rare to be brought back after bouncing around camp s as an UDFA)

Some comment I saw on Reddit about dudes trying to make it.

Don't read about guys like Demetrious Bronson. He was a Seahawk and a Bronco, I think, and was good, but just not good enough. He got cut and spent the next few years in Seattle working at a Costco, waiting to get called up. I think this was during the era where Lynch and Rawls were hurt, and Seattle was playing DuJuan Harris, Bryce Brown, and so on.

Last I heard, he was pursuing a career in professional wrestling. But imagine: going from playing in CenturyLink to working at a Costco bakery, waiting...

Archived