Jordan Mailata is good?

ninjapirate

3 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think Seumalo played tackle for a bit in 2016 when Lane was suspended and Vaitai went down with an injury.

Expecting Mailata to be our backup mid-season is way too optimistic. Like unreal. He would get absolutely destroyed against capable competition, he needs to develop counter moves and gain a ton of experience against DE that use their hands.

I don´t trust Vaitai either but not because of that I´d trust a 7th round inexperienced rookie as our backup LT.

Where are you getting that I said Mailata will be ahead of Vatai this season? 

Im like 90% sure I didnt but I basically am never 100% sure of anything that involves trying to remember stuff I do ot say. Thanks xanax ?

I expect him to be the 4th OT, expecting they trust Vatai more and want Mailata to gain experience in practice w/o destroying his confidence. I think he has the physical skills but needs time to work on the other parts of the game (the pulling techniques, at the line audibles, understanding different schemes we use and identifying various defenses). 

Having Peters there to mentor him is awesome, Peters seems like the type of dude who would be really open to teaching a young guy and not being a total a** like some veterans may be. 

2 hours ago, mm6492 said:

I expect him to be the 4th OT, expecting they trust Vatai more and want Mailata to gain experience in practice w/o destroying his confidence. I think he has the physical skills but needs time to work on the other parts of the game (the pulling techniques, at the line audibles, understanding different schemes we use and identifying various defenses). 

Having Peters there to mentor him is awesome, Peters seems like the type of dude who would be really open to teaching a young guy and not being a total a** like some veterans may be. 

Peters should be our Assistant OL Coach next year.

9 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Kid might already be our 3rd best OT. We all know Vaitai is Winston Justice in disguise.

While this may be true, thank God he channeled his inner Nick Foles during the playoffs last year or we don't win the SB IMO!

He for all intents and purposes held his own for the most part not getting Foles killed or playing like a deer in headlights aka Eli Manning. Especially given the DE's he was facing!

12 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

While this may be true, thank God he channeled his inner Nick Foles during the playoffs last year or we don't win the SB IMO!

He for all intents and purposes held his own for the most part not getting Foles killed or playing like a deer in headlights aka Eli Manning. Especially given the DE's he was facing!

I thought he was pretty bad in the SB, but Foles was able to navigate around it. He didn't give up sacks, but he gave up a lot of pressures that Foles somehow avoided. He was good vs the Vikings tough.

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I thought he was pretty bad in the SB, but Foles was able to navigate around it. He didn't give up sacks, but he gave up a lot of pressures that Foles somehow avoided. He was good vs the Vikings tough.

I might be remembering the game wrong but I feel like Foles barely got breathed on. Cant recall any pressures by the Pats

Archived