Packers Roster Cuts

Packerraymond

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Added Evans and Tony Brown to the PS. Looks like Gute is completely moving away from these "fringe" CBs who hung around the last 2-3 years here (Pip, Waters, Hawkins, Goodson, etc.)

Wow.  I just worry about depth at corner, especially since I don't see the coverage skills in the current safety group.

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Wow.  I just worry about depth at corner, especially since I don't see the coverage skills in the current safety group.

Good chance that either Pipkins or Waters will be out there any time we might need them (hopefully never) during the season. Just a phone call away. The five CBs we do have represent by far the deepest CB unit we've had in about 4-5 years. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Good chance that either Pipkins or Waters will be out there any time we might need them (hopefully never) during the season. Just a phone call away. The five CBs we do have represent by far the deepest CB unit we've had in about 4-5 years

Which is my sole reasoning for not cutting Davis. I'm considering that CB/DB group like its fine china. I dont want it broken - so I'd prefer Alex NOT be exposed to injury in the return game. His greatest value IMO is shutting down that slot receiver.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Which is my sole reasoning for not cutting Davis. I'm considering that CB/DB group like its fine china. I dont want it broken - so I'd prefer Alex NOT be exposed to injury in the return game. His greatest value IMO is shutting down that slot receiver.

The Kumerow move suggests Davis is safe now unless we include him a trade package for an EDGE player. I don't see him being cut. 

1 minute ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

So new practice squad addition Tony Brown is a cornerback, signed as an undrafted free agent by San Diego- played at Bama, has track sprinter credentials in the hurdles. So it seems Gute is going to keep challnging the bottom of the roster with new guys to see if he can improve. Hopefully Gute can be successful with that.

Good. Speed kills - so keep picking up speedsters. The "Gunter days" have to be over.

Any insights into his game and why he might not have stuck with the team that drafted him?

Just now, Leader said:

Good. Speed kills - so keep picking up speedsters. The "Gunter days" have to be over.

Any insights into his game and why he might not have stuck with the team that drafted him?

I didn't love him at CB, but imagine Jarrett Bush type ST ability with 4.35 speed. He could be one of those guys that's a roster lock every year and you don't expect him to play more than a few downs of defense.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I didn't love him at CB, but imagine Jarrett Bush type ST ability with 4.35 speed. He could be one of those guys that's a roster lock every year and you don't expect him to play more than a few downs of defense.

Okay. I'll take that.
Thanks for the insight.

Archived