Raiders, Bears Reach Agreement on Khalil Mack Trade

ramssuperbowl99

3 minutes ago, PFM18 said:

We know 2 1st's were involved, but we don't know who the player is that Chicago have given up or any other picks for definite. 

If I had to guess, it will be one of the Bears two veteran ILB's, either Danny Trevathan or Nick Kwiatkoski.  My guess is that it'll be DT, though thats my preference personally considering he's slightly injury prone, though a better player than Kwiat.  DT's skillset will be replaced by Roquan smith, though, so it makes sense.

1 minute ago, TankWilliams said:

If I had to guess, it will be one of the Bears two veteran ILB's, either Danny Trevathan or Nick Kwiatkoski.  My guess is that it'll be DT, though thats my preference personally considering he's slightly injury prone, though a better player than Kwiat.  DT's skillset will be replaced by Roquan smith, though, so it makes sense.

You guys have an excess of defensive talent/depth right?

2 hours ago, fortdetroit said:

Meh, they were what, 5-11 last year?  Still the 3rd best team in the division even at best. They made a few splashy free agent signings and (now) a big trade acquisition for a great player.....more often than not the splashy offseasons don't work.

You are looking at it from such a narrow perspective.  You are ignoring the new coaching staff/offensive system, and growth of their existing roster.  Last year the offense was a turd because the playcalling from Loggains was complete garbage and everyone was hurt.   There is plenty of room for growth.  It'd be a mistake to write them off just because of last years record.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Depending on the position, yes.  ILB is one of them, before Roquon smith was drafted, everyone was fine with running DT and Kwiatkowski at ILB, because Kwiat has grown as a player and DT is a very strong player.  Their CB's are not very deep, and neither are safeties, though I've heard Adrian Amos' name tossed around as well.

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We have a bunch of ILB's. Like the theory was that we were just going to move some outside and try it out. But we have 4 ILB's who are all NFL quality. Plus like 2 more who we were going to try to stash.

4 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Hopefully it is two firsts, a second, and the player is Floyd to reverse the outrage.

It wouldn't make sense for the Bears to offer Floyd, obviously Mack is a big upgrade, but then we are still in the position of only having one useful passrusher on the team. 

More than I would’ve wanted to pony up, but good for both sides. 

I don’t blame the Raiders for not wanting to pony up that much money in the face of a potential re-build. Most of us (and Gruden) recognize the Raiders need more talent, and as much as Mack is a great talent himself, having 2 more firsts and that +$20M will cover more holes than Mack on his own. 

If he were on my team, I’d want him paid and would be mad if he were traded. But I see the reasoning.

Archived