Week 1 GDT: Patriots host Horn-Boys

Deadpulse

I saw the first half of the game which was nice and I was surprised O'Brien didn't use one of his 3 time outs near the end there. The second half I saw the Texans first possession where they got shut down. Then I had to go. Glad to see we pulled it out.  

16 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

The offensive line played WAAAAY better than I expected against that front. 

Shut it down the first half. Second half was a bit ropey - for some reason Cannon left and Waddle came in. Constant chips on Watt as was expected.

Player Of The Game goes to Gilmore. He's really come onto his own since he got comfortable in the system here. 

Honestly the offense did a lot better than I thought they would. Then again, the Pats matchup very well against the Texans with our TE/RB group. The Patriots will struggle when teams force them to rely on their WRs (sans Edelman). 

The defensive front is much improved as expected. A ton more versatility and depth up front.

Next week will be a HUGE test.

Gronk would get the game ball from me. Followed by Gillmore, Brady and Dorsett. KVN made a couple of plays in the backfield too. Coach of the game would probably go to Dante for his creative ways of negating Watt yet again for most of the game.

ST were bad (punt aside). 

Archived