Trade advice

Wraith554

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Seals Jones is an interesting guy to stream this week if Gresham is out. I've said it before - I think teams are going to funnel passes to tight ends and running backs against those ball hawking corners the Rams have. I don't know if I trust him long term, but this week he could be a solid play. Just worried about that offense some. 

Ian Thomas may be worth a roster spot for the time being over someone like Gates, just based on upside and potential. You may cut him after a week if you don't like how they roll him out there, but I Think rostering him over someone like Gates or Vance could make some sense. I'm still not sure what Pitt's plan is for Vance, and after missing all of the preseason and week 1, I don't know that I trust him enough to start him, even in a streaming scenario this week. 

So if we look at the other tight ends, I'd probably try for someone like Watson, Jonnu Smith something along those lines. If you don't own Fournette, the best option is to go to whoever does if he has two tight ends. If that second tight end is okay, but not great, he should have no problem with making that sort of trade given his back up tight end should never be playing either. 

I’m taking Seals-Jones. Dropping Gates. Starting him over McDonald.

Thinking about bailing on Cooper by offering him and Robbie Anderson for Alshon and James White

The problem is that I already have Baldwin, Ingram and Fournette and a 5 player bench. That would put me real thin on my bench for now but stacked hopefully in a couple weeks.

Should I try and go for it? Or should I not over react to Cooper this much?

4 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Might do this...Standard League...

I give: Julio Jones, Rex Burkhead 

I receive: Joe Mixon 

Current WRs: Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Ty Hilton, Emmanuel Sanders, Robert Woods, Keelan Cole
Current RBs: Lamar Miller, Rex Burkhead, Chris Thompson

Am I spending way to much on Mixon?

It’s a fair trade as you’re a bit thin at RB

5 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

News breaking that Mixon might need knee surgery. Thank god I didn't send this offer lol

I'm actually wondering if I should make a speculative trade offer to the guy with Gio. Unfortunately though, I play a league of all bengals fans, so they'll likely be on top of this. But I figure the cost wouldn't be super crazy, so even if I'm wrong, it won't kill me. 

thinking AP + Corey Davis for Gio + Kittle. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I'm actually wondering if I should make a speculative trade offer to the guy with Gio. Unfortunately though, I play a league of all bengals fans, so they'll likely be on top of this. But I figure the cost wouldn't be super crazy, so even if I'm wrong, it won't kill me. 

thinking AP + Corey Davis for Gio + Kittle. 

Meh, if it's only a couple of weeks, not worth it and unless I can flip them both to Mixon's owner (who was trying to secure Kittle as well as he lost Walker last week) for Mark Ingram. 

Would you guys basically trade something like Lindsay & AP & Aaron Jones for Ingram & Gio? 

Basically, its a little convoluted, but working on a three way trade. The guy who had delanie walker wasn't able to pick up anything of substance at tight end. He wanted kittle, but someone with higher priority got him. The guy with Walker also had Mixon (and Ingram, and Michel, and Fournette LOL), so he's hurting the next couple of weeks and he's probably going to be 1-1 after this week (he's playing me, I'm ahead 29-9 right now). 

The guy who got Kittle also happens to have Gio. He seems to like Aaron Jones, so I'm thinking we can work something out with like, Jones & Lindsay for Gio and Kittle. I'll keep Gio for two weeks (to help get me through Ingram's suspension), and swap Kittle and AP for Ingram. Of course, there is some risk involved with this - the second guy is under no obligations to make the trade after I make the first one. While this doesn't bother me too much (I'm a kittle fan and wanted to pick him up in FA or with my last pick in the draft, but took Connor instead in the draft and didn't want to blow my waiver priority for a backup tight end, though having him behind gronk does have some value) it's a little bit of a risk since Gio's usefulness is basically up in 2 weeks.  I'm not overly torn up about Jones as I'm not as bullish on him as others are, but there is the risk that he grasps that top RB spot away definitively and goes off. 

Just to give a bit of background - 

My team will eventually have major rb2 issues unless Royce Freeman becomes a stud. Right now I have Barkley and Connor, but obviously I don't expect Connor to be the starter all year. I also have AP,  then Freeman / Lyndsay / Jones. So I'm trading from the back end of my depth, though a guy like Jones has major upside. My receivers are solid, but unspectacular (Green, Fitz, Cooks, Corey Davis, Golladay, and I keep swapping out the last player between Pettis, Ryan Grant, Keelan Cole, etc). 

The idea is largely that Ingram becomes that steady RB2 for me when Connor goes down, then I have a guy like Freeman in my flex and bye week fill in along with one of those three top wide receivers while not really losing anything from the starting rotation I'm using now

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

Would you guys basically trade something like Lindsay & AP & Aaron Jones for Ingram & Gio? 

Basically, its a little convoluted, but working on a three way trade. The guy who had delanie walker wasn't able to pick up anything of substance at tight end. He wanted kittle, but someone with higher priority got him. The guy with Walker also had Mixon (and Ingram, and Michel, and Fournette LOL), so he's hurting the next couple of weeks and he's probably going to be 1-1 after this week (he's playing me, I'm ahead 29-9 right now). 

The guy who got Kittle also happens to have Gio. He seems to like Aaron Jones, so I'm thinking we can work something out with like, Jones & Lindsay for Gio and Kittle. I'll keep Gio for two weeks (to help get me through Ingram's suspension), and swap Kittle and AP for Ingram. Of course, there is some risk involved with this - the second guy is under no obligations to make the trade after I make the first one. While this doesn't bother me too much (I'm a kittle fan and wanted to pick him up in FA or with my last pick in the draft, but took Connor instead in the draft and didn't want to blow my waiver priority for a backup tight end, though having him behind gronk does have some value) it's a little bit of a risk since Gio's usefulness is basically up in 2 weeks.  I'm not overly torn up about Jones as I'm not as bullish on him as others are, but there is the risk that he grasps that top RB spot away definitively and goes off. 

Just to give a bit of background - 

My team will eventually have major rb2 issues unless Royce Freeman becomes a stud. Right now I have Barkley and Connor, but obviously I don't expect Connor to be the starter all year. I also have AP,  then Freeman / Lyndsay / Jones. So I'm trading from the back end of my depth, though a guy like Jones has major upside. My receivers are solid, but unspectacular (Green, Fitz, Cooks, Corey Davis, Golladay, and I keep swapping out the last player between Pettis, Ryan Grant, Keelan Cole, etc). 

The idea is largely that Ingram becomes that steady RB2 for me when Connor goes down, then I have a guy like Freeman in my flex and bye week fill in along with one of those three top wide receivers while not really losing anything from the starting rotation I'm using now

I don't think I would honestly. I really don't like the Saints schedule when Ingram comes back.

Week 5: vs Washington
Week 6: Bye 
Week 7: @ Baltimore 
Week 8: @ Minnesota 

That's a pretty rough schedule for Ingram. And you're only getting 2-3 weeks out of Gio. I think you're going to be very surprised what the production you end up getting from Aaron Jones. 

30 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I don't think I would honestly. I really don't like the Saints schedule when Ingram comes back.

Week 5: vs Washington
Week 6: Bye 
Week 7: @ Baltimore 
Week 8: @ Minnesota 

That's a pretty rough schedule for Ingram. And you're only getting 2-3 weeks out of Gio. I think you're going to be very surprised what the production you end up getting from Aaron Jones. 

Here's the funny thing...the first guy came back and said he was mulling Hopkins + Collins for Fitz and ap. Not sure how we went from gio and kittle to Hopkins, but I'll take it.

*Edit* forgot I had made an offer earlier of Cooks and Ap for Hopkins that apparently he thought was fair, but didn't care to have cooks and kupp and have to cut a running back, so figured it was better to throw me an rb back and get the better receiver

45 minutes ago, Forge said:

Here's the funny thing...the first guy came back and said he was mulling Hopkins + Collins for Fitz and ap. Not sure how we went from gio and kittle to Hopkins, but I'll take it.

*Edit* forgot I had made an offer earlier of Cooks and Ap for Hopkins that apparently he thought was fair, but didn't care to have cooks and kupp and have to cut a running back, so figured it was better to throw me an rb back and get the better receiver

Yep, that's the trade we went with. Pretty happy with that. Doesn't solve my rb2 conundrum though lol

Archived